Hacking downgrade 3ds from 4.5u to 4.2u?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Go to 8.1, then install the .cia flashcard unblocker then play with your acekard.
yeah he doesn't own a 3DS flashcard and wants to use the "cfw", whatever way this goes he will need to either just buy a gateway(to be able to install the flashcard timewarp file to sysnand), or just but a cheapo NDS flashcard that works on 4.x+

basically the flashcard timewarp file is no help to people wanting to use pre 4.x flashcards to use the cfw....its a chicken and egg situation

main use for the flashcard timewarp file is people who want to stay on 6.x+ but still use the gateway blue card.

fcz_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
yeah he doesn't own a 3DS flashcard and wants to use the "cfw", whatever way this goes he will need to either just buy a gateway(to be able to install the flashcard timewarp file to sysnand), or just but a cheapo NDS flashcard that works on 4.x+

basically the flashcard timewarp file is no help to people wanting to use pre 4.x flashcards to use the cfw....its a chicken and egg situation

main use for the flashcard timewarp file is people who want to stay on 6.x+ but still use the gateway blue card.

it's better just buy gateway xD

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TS want to use ds flashkart to play nds game. Then he/she might want to consider buying ndslite
But he already has a 3DS which can play DS games, so might as well get a Gateway.
or just buy nds lite which is dirt cheap
it's better just buy gateway xD

i didn't post this thread to get comments like " lol just buy gateway.!>!>! >.< XD!" or "buy ds for ds games" and that last one seems like a TLDR response.
i need to be able to use my ak2i to launch the ds mode exploit for CFW to run, that is all, downgrading to 4.2 "should" do that. One person on here say's the ak2i they have works on a downgraded console and another say's that it does not.

YES! MY ACEKARD 2I IS WORKING AGAIN!! I wonder if Gateway realized that people will benefit from the downgrade even if they didn't buy a Gateway card.. Then again, they have probably made tons of money already. Can we play the latest games on the 4.5 CFW if we don't have a Gateway card?

it is likely one of the people did not have a completely updated ak2i with the “PIPPA FUNNELL” update to support the 3ds up to 4.3u system update as i have not gotten a response from them in pm yet so i simply do not know.
I am just going to take my chances and update using smash brothers and then downgrade, worst case scenario i have buy another ace3ds+ for a few dollars.
The only game i wanted a retail copy of is smash so this all works out anyway.

fcz_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
calm down man...but if you can see, buy a game to upgrade, then downgrade to boot CFW? it's just better, easy and less expensive way just buy gateway...i don't know how works CFW, but what i think is that you never be able to play your SSB retail game anymore because you need 8.1 FW (maybe the hombrew channel can do something but rally i don't know)...so the best option that i see ya know it ;)

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Today smash 3ds came in the mail i updated to 8.1u with the game card and the downgraded to 4.2.0-9u
I can confirm the Ak2i does in fact work with a USA 3ds downgraded with the gateway downgrade files!
I will post a video later if it is necessary to prove it i used to 3.0.3 launcher version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: