Homebrew doom

Polkka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
There's nothing to enable; sound just doesn't work with either tubehax or ironhax. Don't know if this will get fixed, as the author seems to be unable to get either exploit to work.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the exploit if that's what you meant, just tested an older compile with ironhax and sound's just fine, hope it will be fixed soon anyways.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, you still working on it or it's done?
I was going to get it working with ironhax but I can't get it setup. Neither tubehax or cubic ninja installers work for me. Cubic ninja can't find ironhax and something router or isp is redirecting DNS. Currently working on a light weight OpenGL layer for another project.

Reactions: FEAR_1337

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I was going to get it working with ironhax but I can't get it setup. Neither tubehax or cubic ninja installers work for me. Cubic ninja can't find ironhax and something router or isp is redirecting DNS. Currently working on a light weight OpenGL layer for another project.
Try 'escaping' youtube under normal auto DNS and going to the exploit site directly:
http://smea.mtheall.com

Reactions: FEAR_1337

FEAR_1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try 'escaping' youtube under normal auto DNS and going to the exploit site directly:
http://smea.mtheall.com
Try doing this, post that link on your facebook and acess it, should work.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for putting this together. The original Doom series is very special to me. I hope you keep developing this!
Also, I noticed that the nipple on N3DS only works if launched from homebrew channel .3dsx. CIA launching, nipple does not work.
Cheers!

Reactions: Polkka

The Crane Game

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got prboom3ds working, but I want to try to run some iwads and other mods too. I thought I read that this does support those and I've got them in the same folder as the regular Doom and Doom 2 wads (the prboom3ds folder.) My guess is I'm doing something wrong, but Doom and Doom 2 do work.

Great work on this, in any case!

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was wondering, since the Vita Homebrew Gate has been cracked open, any thoughts toward seeing what could be done with Doom on the Vita? Would have both Joysticks working, Screen Input and Rear Touch pad.

ManBLG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey can anyone help me out. I have PRBoom 3DS up and running on my New 3DS XL using Ironhax on 9.9 with shareware Doom WAD and Doom 2 WAD. Everything runs great but I have no sound. I'm using the .3dsx and the .smdh that I got from the updated link on the first page (github) - except there's no sound. I don't know if I was supposed to add anything else from the source files or what. Am I doing something wrong here? I haven't used the updated Ironhax that Smealum recently released if that means anything

Polkka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey can anyone help me out. I have PRBoom 3DS up and running on my New 3DS XL using Ironhax on 9.9 with shareware Doom WAD and Doom 2 WAD. Everything runs great but I have no sound. I'm using the .3dsx and the .smdh that I got from the updated link on the first page (github) - except there's no sound. I don't know if I was supposed to add anything else from the source files or what. Am I doing something wrong here? I haven't used the updated Ironhax that Smealum recently released if that means anything

The lastest version has no sound for some reason.

So I was wondering, since the Vita Homebrew Gate has been cracked open, any thoughts toward seeing what could be done with Doom on the Vita? Would have both Joysticks working, Screen Input and Rear Touch pad.

I didn't know the PSV had native homebrew already, that's good news.

Last edited by Polkka,

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally figured out why I could not install ironhax - I am a dumbass - I did not have the latest ninjhax. I updated to the latest version and installed ironhax. Also - prboom3ds sound works fine for me with ironhax. this is on a new 3ds xl with 9.9.0.26 U sysnand. no emunand.

ManBLG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally figured out why I could not install ironhax - I am a dumbass - I did not have the latest ninjhax. I updated to the latest version and installed ironhax. Also - prboom3ds sound works fine for me with ironhax. this is on a new 3ds xl with 9.9.0.26 U sysnand. no emunand.

If you don't mind me asking, did you use the updated ironhax that smealum released the other day? Also what did you install for prboom? Just the .3dsx and .smdh plus the WADs, or something more from the source files on github?

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind me asking, did you use the updated ironhax that smealum released the other day? Also what did you install for prboom? Just the .3dsx and .smdh plus the WADs, or something more from the source files on github?
I used the updated ironhax installer. since I just installed it (and the installer downloads ironhax) I assume I am using the latest ironhax.
I used the n3ds branch .3dsx and .smdh files. I have the full version doom and doom2 iwads as well as the prboom.wad. if you have both you are prompted at startup to select a game.

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having some sound issues. If going to the pause menu and unpausing, every sound (not including music) plays a second time but more crackly. Eventually the first sound just stops playing. Is there a fix for this? I'm on a 9.9 O3DS using Ironhax with the updated boot.3dsx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Before @K3Nv2 can move into the garage, he has to atleast come out the closet first.