Doom Performance is BAD

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Zeldalife89, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Zeldalife89
    OP

Zeldalife89 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Im having an issue and kinda disapointed..

I sold my PS4 like i said in my other topic for a switch since i dont like Sony exclussives and all i played rly was Doom So i figured hmm i can play doom anywhere then and since Its the only shooter on switch the multiplayer will be populated too...

I just finished the campaign and Its super LAGGY later on in the levels everytime all the demons spawn in it drops to like 12 FPS and it feels really slow untill you kill few demons then the fps adjust back to normal but these drops almost happens in every level it seems like it cant handle the demons at once... The PS4 never dropped not even with all the crazyness on screen on switch Its rly bad to the point that Its just not fun Its like playing a game on a very low spec computer.. The graphics dont bother me i think it looks fine enough Its the performance tho.. I did not install the patch yet but all that is the multiplayer? I dont think it will help framerate in single player..

I rly hope it gets patched So it can handle it better but as of now its not really playable If it stayed at 30 with all the downgrades it be fine even if it dropped a frame or 2 but it litterly feels like 10-12 FPS thats horrible

Anyway what did you guys think of it?

Subtle Demise, sarkwalvein and Xanthe like this.
  2. SketchyPixel

SketchyPixel Ignore what I say

Jul 4, 2016
    Korea, North
    Idk, a Black Hole maybe?
    Shit, guess there goes my reason to upgrade past 3.0.0.

:switch:PEGASWITCH BOYZ:switch:

NutymcNuty likes this.
  3. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Sorry to hear, I wonder if it's just a bug causing it or if they really didn't bother to optimize past a certain point. I'm sure there will be updates so we'll find out I guess. Was this docked? Have you tried portable?

Last edited by Xzi, Nov 23, 2017
  4. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    He's the only one I've heard claim it is this bad....

Bedel, Treeko, Tumoche and 3 others like this.
  5. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Could potentially be his Switch or the cart as well.

6. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    That's my guess. I mean I have it, I have noticed a couple of hiccups every once in a while, but I'm not that far in. But really, the reviewers would be rip'n'tearing it a new one if it was as bad as the OP was commenting.

7. g00s3y

g00s3y Asshole

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    FL
    So you're complaining about the performance of a game, that has a patch out, but you didn't install the patch.

Smart.

8. Zeldalife89
    OP

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Thats exactly it i play on higher diffeculty and i Just beat the game like half hour ago the first 3-5 missions are managable but later on in levels like Argent tower,lazerus labs,Argent der null,vega complex, And more it gets rly rly laggy Its prob around the 15 FPS Mark because the whole game starts to slow down stays like that untill you kill a demon or 2 then Its fine again but this happens every level after the first couple missions So in the middle of the game till the end of the game basicly the whole game...
    Kinda disapointed rly hope patches Will fix it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Doubt it since other games are fine and doom plays fine too the first couple missions that is later on it gets rly laggy when all demons spawn in and you have to kill them all at that point it can get very laggy like 15 FPS untill u kill some of them then Its back to normal but this happens often like Every mission Will have these slow down moments when you get little further into the game ;(
    I havent updated my game yet and i hope further patches Will fix this

Check that patch notes bud Its just multiplayer mode and multiplayer game fixes om having slow downs in the campaign single player..

Last edited by Zeldalife89, Nov 24, 2017
  9. mironicurse

mironicurse GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2015
    Russia
    Maybe your switch have overheating problems and downclocks itself to prevent damage to hardware.

NutymcNuty likes this.
  10. Zeldalife89
    OP

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Nope not it either i touched the switch Its actually not even warm Its pretty cool actually..

Also for the people that arnt experiencing this try to up your diffeculty setting and try again unplayable...
    Anything past im to Young to die lags pretty bad

What you mean?
    Im on 3.0.1 still people that are on 4.0 are having the same issue as me Its clearly the game

11. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I heard about this in many video reviews and thorough analysis before the game came out.
    Many reviewers said that it happened when many enemies were around, specially in higher difficulty.
    They recommended to play it in "normal" mode.... :huh:

It is a known limitation currently (I hope they "fix" it, but I don't see that happening)

Subtle Demise likes this.
  12. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Try setting the console to 720p, should help if you're playing in docked mode.

13. DrkBeam

DrkBeam GBAtemp Fan

Jun 12, 2016
    Spain
    The Framerate count you make is something subjective, for some of them is manageable, is the price for a hybrid console, it doesn't hold well for current and demanding games. Even digital foundry claims you need to play this game in lower difficulties for this reason, a switch revision might help with those issues

14. leafeon34

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    Greece
    Elysium
    If you want to play multiplatform games which require good hardware then don't play them on the Switch. Skyrim is both cheaper and better on the PS4, XBONE and PC.

15. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    But Skyrim actually is one of the games that gets the most out of the portability.
    It is not a fast paced game anyway, not that it has any performance problems, but now you can indulge comfortably during you conmute, addiction all the way.
    It is like portable legal cocaine.

THEELEMENTKH and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  16. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is guaranteed to be a lot better than Skyrim IMO, but that'll be my portable cocaine for sure.

TheVinAnator and sarkwalvein like this.
  17. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Does games actually improve framerate with lower resolution? Did anyone actually play Breath of the wild in 480P? Cause I doubt that. No one in 2017 would play a HD intended game with lower resolution unless they had absolutely no choice. Why even have a 480P setting with something that only uses HDMI anyway? :unsure:

18. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I don't mean to be a dick, but yeah, obviously. Fewer rendered pixels means less load on the GPU/CPU. This is why dynamic resolution scaling helps tremendously with lower-spec systems.

19. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Does the Switch actually render fewer pixels or does it just downscale the resolution?

20. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    how odd, I've heard others say it's solid with only rare drops when shit hit's the fan alongside a nuclear bomb more a less

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice