Gaming Doom Performance is BAD

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im having an issue and kinda disapointed..

I sold my PS4 like i said in my other topic for a switch since i dont like Sony exclussives and all i played rly was Doom So i figured hmm i can play doom anywhere then and since Its the only shooter on switch the multiplayer will be populated too...

I just finished the campaign and Its super LAGGY later on in the levels everytime all the demons spawn in it drops to like 12 FPS and it feels really slow untill you kill few demons then the fps adjust back to normal but these drops almost happens in every level it seems like it cant handle the demons at once... The PS4 never dropped not even with all the crazyness on screen on switch Its rly bad to the point that Its just not fun Its like playing a game on a very low spec computer.. The graphics dont bother me i think it looks fine enough Its the performance tho.. I did not install the patch yet but all that is the multiplayer? I dont think it will help framerate in single player..

I rly hope it gets patched So it can handle it better but as of now its not really playable If it stayed at 30 with all the downgrades it be fine even if it dropped a frame or 2 but it litterly feels like 10-12 FPS thats horrible

Anyway what did you guys think of it?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear, I wonder if it's just a bug causing it or if they really didn't bother to optimize past a certain point. I'm sure there will be updates so we'll find out I guess. Was this docked? Have you tried portable?

Last edited by Xzi,

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's my guess. I mean I have it, I have noticed a couple of hiccups every once in a while, but I'm not that far in. But really, the reviewers would be rip'n'tearing it a new one if it was as bad as the OP was commenting.

Thats exactly it i play on higher diffeculty and i Just beat the game like half hour ago the first 3-5 missions are managable but later on in levels like Argent tower,lazerus labs,Argent der null,vega complex, And more it gets rly rly laggy Its prob around the 15 FPS Mark because the whole game starts to slow down stays like that untill you kill a demon or 2 then Its fine again but this happens every level after the first couple missions So in the middle of the game till the end of the game basicly the whole game...
Kinda disapointed rly hope patches Will fix it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could potentially be his Switch or the cart as well.

Doubt it since other games are fine and doom plays fine too the first couple missions that is later on it gets rly laggy when all demons spawn in and you have to kill them all at that point it can get very laggy like 15 FPS untill u kill some of them then Its back to normal but this happens often like Every mission Will have these slow down moments when you get little further into the game ;(
I havent updated my game yet and i hope further patches Will fix this

So you're complaining about the performance of a game, that has a patch out, but you didn't install the patch.

Smart.

Check that patch notes bud Its just multiplayer mode and multiplayer game fixes om having slow downs in the campaign single player..

Last edited by Zeldalife89,

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe your switch have overheating problems and downclocks itself to prevent damage to hardware.

Nope not it either i touched the switch Its actually not even warm Its pretty cool actually..

Also for the people that arnt experiencing this try to up your diffeculty setting and try again unplayable...
Anything past im to Young to die lags pretty bad

Shit, guess there goes my reason to upgrade past 3.0.0.

:switch:PEGASWITCH BOYZ:switch:

What you mean?
Im on 3.0.1 still people that are on 4.0 are having the same issue as me Its clearly the game

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard about this in many video reviews and thorough analysis before the game came out.
Many reviewers said that it happened when many enemies were around, specially in higher difficulty.
They recommended to play it in "normal" mode.... :huh:

It is a known limitation currently (I hope they "fix" it, but I don't see that happening)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thats exactly it i play on higher diffeculty and i Just beat the game like half hour ago the first 3-5 missions are managable but later on in levels like Argent tower,lazerus labs,Argent der null,vega complex, And more it gets rly rly laggy Its prob around the 15 FPS Mark because the whole game starts to slow down stays like that untill you kill a demon or 2 then Its fine again but this happens every level after the first couple missions So in the middle of the game till the end of the game basicly the whole game...
Kinda disapointed rly hope patches Will fix it

Doubt it since other games are fine and doom plays fine too the first couple missions that is later on it gets rly laggy when all demons spawn in and you have to kill them all at that point it can get very laggy like 15 FPS untill u kill some of them then Its back to normal but this happens often like Every mission Will have these slow down moments when you get little further into the game ;(
I havent updated my game yet and i hope further patches Will fix this

Check that patch notes bud Its just multiplayer mode and multiplayer game fixes om having slow downs in the campaign single player..
Try setting the console to 720p, should help if you're playing in docked mode.

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The Framerate count you make is something subjective, for some of them is manageable, is the price for a hybrid console, it doesn't hold well for current and demanding games. Even digital foundry claims you need to play this game in lower difficulties for this reason, a switch revision might help with those issues

D

Deleted User

If you want to play multiplatform games which require good hardware then don't play them on the Switch. Skyrim is both cheaper and better on the PS4, XBONE and PC.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you want to play multiplatform games which require good hardware then don't play them on the Switch. Skyrim is both cheaper and better on the PS4, XBONE and PC.
But Skyrim actually is one of the games that gets the most out of the portability.
It is not a fast paced game anyway, not that it has any performance problems, but now you can indulge comfortably during you conmute, addiction all the way.
It is like portable legal cocaine.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does games actually improve framerate with lower resolution? Did anyone actually play Breath of the wild in 480P? Cause I doubt that. No one in 2017 would play a HD intended game with lower resolution unless they had absolutely no choice. Why even have a 480P setting with something that only uses HDMI anyway? :unsure:

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how odd, I've heard others say it's solid with only rare drops when shit hit's the fan alongside a nuclear bomb more a less

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there...