Hacking Does upgrading to 4.0 already give me all the necessary IOSs to play M

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does upgrading the firmware automatically add more IOSs into your Wii? I'm having trouble playing a backup Madworld (pink screen on 002 fix backup launcher) and I've heard that some people require IOS 35, 53 58 (I can't remember the numbers exactly...) to play it but since I'm 4.0, it should mean that I can play it no problem right? Nope... so that's why I'm wondering, does updating firmware automatically install IOSs to play certain games?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
4.0 supposedly installs the IOS's for this game (at least i believe Waninkoko's 4.0 updater does). The IOS's are 38, 53, and 55 for this.

Use titlelister to check if you have them. Install them from WADs if you are missing them. You can find them on google or using WiiScrubber to extract them from an ISO image. Wad manager shouldn't give trouble on 4.0 because you have a cIOS...

If the IOS's are installed, i'm not sure. Many report Gamma 002 fix launcher works for this game.

buzzysingh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The madworld problem is usually fixed with the 002 fix, that's the only problem I had. Nothing to do with the IOS?
smile.gif

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
buzzysingh said:
The madworld problem is usually fixed with the 002 fix, that's the only problem I had. Nothing to do with the IOS?
smile.gif

Dido. Madworld works fine for me and I am on 3.2

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Madworld is still not working for me...
I have a PAL version that works just fine (though I can't force NTSC so I have the flickering black+white screen) but my NTSC-U version doesn't work at all. The backup launcher reads the disc and then leads me to a black screen and my Wii stops reading the disc. What could be causing this?

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need IOS38, IOS53, and IOS55.

Which are usually distributed in a rar filed named "newIOSNFS.rar"

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, is it ok to downgrade my cIOS? I have cIOS rev10 installed in my Wii but I heard that installing cios rev8 may help my Madworld pink screen woes. Is it ok to downgrade to rev8 and then upgrade back to 10 after I'm done with madworld?

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh, neogamma doesn't help either.
I don't know what the problem is... I have the correct IOSes, 002fix gamma launcher and a well burnt DVD. My PAL version works but doesn't work when I force NTSC (pink screen) and my NTSC version goes to a black screen.
Looks like I can't play it for now.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
just install these 3 wads through wad manager. Google is your friend.

IOS38-64-v3609.wad
IOS53-64-v4113.wad
IOS55-64-v4633.wad

then run waninkoko's updater. It seems to update those ios's.

worked for me.

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if my PAL Madworld works on my Wii (it only works in PAL mode so there is the flickering black+white screen), doesn't that mean I already have those IOSes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back