Emulation Does M3 Lite have emulators built-in?

tamper1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The description of the M3 Lite suggests it has native support for NES/SMS/GB roms. Is this really true, or does it just mean you can run the appropriate homebrew emulators on the M3?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not sure about the SMS, but you can run NES and GB files through the game manager, so I'm quite sure it's built in somewhere (however most likely they are based on homebrew emulators)

ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When ran through the Game Manager, I think it patches the rom to have the emulator there or something. But yeah, it does use Homebrew Emulators like Goomba

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you use the M3 Game Manager to patch, for example, old GB-games (using write GBA) it will use Goomba to "convert" the game to GBA. Of course, the M3 will be able to run this GBA.

The emulators built in the M3 Game Manager are quite old though, and you can't write a whole bunch of roms to one file.

So what I suggest: download an emulator for GBA (Goomba, for example) and use that to make your GBA-file. After that, you can still patch it using the M3 Game Manager (treating it like a normal GBA rom).

I hope I helped you
smile.gif

PS. Just to be sure: the M3 Lite does not have emulators built in. The game manager has though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk