Hacking does ez 3 in 1 work with R4?

Chitose

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have the latest R4 kernel (1.17) and cant get my ez 3 in 1 to work with either rudolphs 3in1 tool or ndstation.

anyone got it to work and with what settings/tools?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Try using Rudolphs new GBA ExpLoader. I think the current version is 0.55. I'm using 0.3 and it's working fine for me.

Oh, also you don't need to prepatch the roms when using GBA ExpLoader, I'm pretty sure it uses clean roms.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Hey you shouldtry R4 1.18
biggrin.gif

polleke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have R4 with EZFlashV 3-in-1. I use GBA Exploader. Every time I boot the NDS I have to first start GBA Exploader so that NDS knows about the rumble and exp mem. Is this normal? If yes, so the only workaround is it to patch every NDS ROM in order to use exp mem (i.e. DS Opera) or rumble (i.e. Diddy Kong Racing DS)?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
polleke said:
I have R4 with EZFlashV 3-in-1. I use GBA Exploader. Every time I boot the NDS I have to first start GBA Exploader so that NDS knows about the rumble and exp mem. Is this normal? If yes, so the only workaround is it to patch every NDS ROM in order to use exp mem (i.e. DS Opera) or rumble (i.e. Diddy Kong Racing DS)?

I'm pretty sure on mine when I set it to rumble or expansion memory it stays that way until I change it. I'll have a play later on and get back to you.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
The 3-in-1 must be set to rumble or RAM expansion mode each time you want to use one of those features. When the power is turned off it reverts to acting as a GBA game pak.
Or he can patch the ROMs, I remember patching Opera Browser to always use the 3in1 RAM expsnsion without the need of manually allowing it with GBA Exploder each time and the same goes for rumble as well.

polleke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, yes both statements are correct.
Every time you power off/on the NDS, you have to activate the rumble (using Rudolph's GBA-Exploder) when you want to use it. However when you patch the nds-game using 3in1_rumble_patcher.zip, activating rumble using GBA-Exploder is not necessary anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes Jeff Butts a reporter you can trust