Hacking Does Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for Wii have some protection or something

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Cause after I get past the first level it kind of freezes at the scoring at the end, the music keeps playing, you can press the home button but it gives you that icon in the top right corner of the screen that you can't do that atm and if you reset the Wii instead of resetting it goes to a black screen and then you have to turn it off.

I dunno what's up with this but i know the place i downloaded the game form never hosts broken ISOs or anything so the release is fine.

Wii specs:
3.2E
IOS37,38,53,55
cIOS36 rev10
USB Loader GX 1.0
WiiKey 1.9s
bootmii on boot 2
Starfall

I run all my games from the hard drive, i'll try burning a disc later but I don't have any blank DVDs at the moment.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
all 002 games work perfectly for me
it's kind of weird because it doesn't really freeze the system but just doesn't go any further after the scoring.

maybe theres something you're supposed to do there but i don't see it.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
will do but the settings are just video output settings and nothing more, don't think they'd affect this in the least.
I tried it with a Ultimate Loader version I have on my SD card and still the same.

When the scoring is over you can even remove the numchuck and it gives you an error saying you should reconnect it and all, so it's not like the system stops responding, it just doesn't go any further than that.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
Wii specs:
3.2E
IOS37,38,53,55
cIOS36 rev10
USB Loader GX 1.0
WiiKey 1.9s
bootmii on boot 2
Starfall

I run all my games from the hard drive, i'll try burning a disc later but I don't have any blank DVDs at the moment.

With the specs above (except that I'm on 4.0, and have no WiiKey), I've had no problem playing all the way through DK Jungle Beat (including the extra kingdoms after the credits) on my 1TB WD My Book drive, and my brother is about halfway through the game on a WD Passport 320GB without any issues. I've had the lockup (well, not really a lockup... just won't display the "press A to continue" icon, leaving you stranded on the scoring screen) you speak of happen to me ONE time, after leaving the game paused for probably a couple or hours, which made me think it's a spindown issue. Do you have any freezing problems with any other games?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no freezing problems that i can think of, I disabled sleep mode long ago so this shouldn't be an issue.
I found a blank DVD so I'm burning the game now, if it's a bad dump i'm sure it'll have the same problem on that too.

It would be weird if sleep mode re-enabled itself like that, hope that's not the case cause with my HDD I have to reformat to NTFS again to disable it, i know other people with the freeagent go 320GB don't have to dothis but last time i disabled sleep mode i had to do it.

thanks for the info, good to know it has happened to someone else even though it only happened once

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you install the latest Cios? i use 3.2U console and a NTSC copy of the game. My console runs under IOS36 for my system and I have starfall,preloader,bootmii,cioscorps all installed....

Maybe you need CiosCorps (this would fill any IOS missing)

or

Try REV11 od waninkoko's cios from the more recent softmii pack because i have it working fine via the usb loader
smile.gif

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Works perfectly from a disc, the press A to contunue buttons shows up immediately.
I tested my HDD to see if Sleep mode has been reenabled with Rune Factory since i used to test it with that before, left it for some good 10 minutes on, the wiimote turned itself off and all but the HDD didn't go into sleep mode.

I wonder why it's doing this with just this one game, I'll try removing and reinstalling it to the HDD
Hope my HDD didn't corrupt or something, I have a pretty bad luck when it comes to hard drives in general.

btw can you link me to cIOS36 rev11, i had no idea it was out

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dang, it is a spin down issue, but why would this be happening, i just checked and my power settings are set to Never.
It only seems to happen with this game.

I played through the first level as fast as possible from the HDD and the "A to continue" prompt showed up, then in the second level i was dicking around just to test it, but I didn't pause it, i was just walking and jumping at random and the HDD lef turned off, i tried to exit the level and it froze.

This needs further testing, why do i have spin down issues on a HDD that has them disabled and that's worked perfectly till now
frown.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
its not out officially bro
wink.gif
not the finished one at any rate....I found it posted on the forums DOWNLOAD section its in newer softmii packages....I havent had ANY issues with this rev 11 and waninkoko DID WRITE IT
wink.gif

besides i always figure if one day this rev11 caused issues i would write over it with rev 9
tongue.gif
but it turned out to be more stable than 9 or 10 IMO (though keep in mind i NEVER load from my dvd drive ether all 200 some games i have are on externals
smile.gif

good idea with the re-installing the game....Also i use IOS249 Force NTSC and VIDPATCH for that game when i launch it from my WD 320gb passport....

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cIOS36 rev11 isn't actually out, but there was a slightly modified rev10 included in one of the SoftMii packs recently. Your issue with Donkey Kong was brought up in the game's thread, but the only suggested solution I see is to make sure your language is ENG.

If all else fails, I guess the PAL version of the game is out in 3 weeks.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nah i don't think reinstalling is going to fix this now, it's a spindown problem, the HDD just goes to sleep mode when the game is on, why I have no idea but it does.
I haven't been playing games with discs since USB Loader 1.1 came out, it's been a while so this kinda sucks nows.

I better try and figure out what's wrong and why it does this now

edit: Left it sitting in the first level for about 5 minutes or so, the HDD turned itself off
Now I'm going to do another test with Rune Factory since that's an easy game to test this with, you just load a save game, leave the game running inside your house and if the HDD went to sleep mode it freezes when you try to exit the house, or change to another map if you weren't inside the house. After disabling sleep mode back then i could leave rune factory running forever and the HDD wouldn't go to standby mode or anything, so lets see what happens now, earlier when i tested it everything worked.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
heres an idea for you Load your game on that DVD and beat the level its freezing on then SAVE YOUR GAME and try to load the next level via the USB loader just as an experiment to see if its just that ONE stage? I had to do this with a game in the past using an original and gamma backup...

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try that later too, but as I said, i got past that point when playing through the first level real fast before the hard drive went into sleep mode.
I've had Rune Factory running since before i posted my previous post and the HDD is still on, DKJB would've made it go to standby by now.

Later I'll test and see if leaving the game idle when running from the disc causes the disc to stop, if so then it's some sort of an issue with the game that makes the media it runs from stop working after a while to prevent damage to the disc drive or something, if this is the case the reason the game freezes for me is because my HDD can't get out of sleep mode on the Wii, it does turn on but doesn't resume the games, tested this way back when i first got it.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well this ain't good, the HDD went to standby mode on Rune Factory 4 minutes ago, it took a hell of a lot longer than it did on DK but it happened.
I set the power settings timer from never to 5 hours now and just booted up rune factory and will leave it running for a while, see what happens.

My HDD may be under warranty but I won't be able to return it for this, where i live people in computer stores are real bitches, this one time i couldn't return a completely broken HDD because i couldn't convince them it was broken despite it clicking and freezing and crap, took a whole week of arguing to return it and they ended up giving me a refurbished one whch broke 6 months after.

Why the hell did sleep mode re-enable itself like this and it starts at random whenever
frown.gif

edit: I booted up Rune Factory at 6:20PM, it's 6:35PM now and the HDD is still going, I'll leave it on for another 5 minutes and see what happens, after that I'll test DK again.

also I'm sorry for posting about this, but since I'm troubleshooting it might be of some use to someone, as you guys can see sleep mode re-enabled itself on my freeagent go 320GB all by itself and the SeaGate manager said it was set to Never.

edit 2: 6:40PM
The HDD is still going, guess setting Sleep Mode to 5 hours did it, but Imma leave it for another 5 minutes before testing DKC again.

Edit 3: DAMN 6:42PM, turned itself off
it was working fine for 21 minutes and it just went to standby, what the hell

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
6:45PM
just started DK Jungle Beat and loaded up the first level, I'll leave it on and see how long it takes for it to go to sleep mode in this game.

Rune Factory took 21 minutes.
The HDD is still set to 5 hours since "Never" didn't work.

How the hell did this happened is beyond me, i disabled sleep mode long ago

edit: I left DK idle for 10 minutes in the first level, then started playing, got past everything, beat the boss and the game saved.
Good news is, it seems I at least prolonged the standby time by setting it to 5 hours, bad news is, it's not really 5 hours but around 20 minutes of idiling, which is good since I don't think any Wii games stay idle without loading new data for 20 minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.