Does anyone think the sun will become less active for a decade or two?

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Life on earth will long be perished before the Sun dies. And as every star, it will die eventually.
Not that, simply dropping in activity and becoming more active once again afterward and continue doing so for serveral million years until it start fission before becoming a neutron star. And considering there is no risk of imminent volcano eruption and thick shell I would say dropping in intensity can be devastating. And we should start counting from say -200K, a 20% drop in intensity allows the tempretureto easily go below -15C.
The idea that sunspot activity dictates temperature is pretty controversial

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum

Most people agree that volcanic activity was the cause of the mini ice age
If I recall correctly sunspot was caused by excessive pressure surpressing electrons from shifting to higher orbits. When less energy is generated, this behaviour start to get less frequent. And is it agreed that ice age was caused by dust clouds following the eruption?

Reactions: RevPokemon

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. . . what the fuzz is this supposed to mean. . .
I understand that broken english sounds funny, and it can be easy to assume that the person who speaks that way isn't very intelligent. But then I have to remind myself that I only know one language. I would be proud to be able to speak another language that well.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL. The Internet we were promised...
It all backfired like hell.
Instead of being a source of information for people to research, learn and think about, it just turned out that people became lazy asses that stopped thinking, became naive as fuck and dependent on spoon fed "facts" that they can't reason about any longer.
It really backfired. Probably because of human nature.
This is why hive mind was never a great idea, or even unity. Casulty between several large groups is far higher than devided. Having tribes fighting each other to the death does not generate as much bloodshed as between two countries.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that broken english sounds funny, and it can be easy to assume that the person who speaks that way isn't very intelligent. But then I have to remind myself that I only know one language. I would be proud to be able to speak another language that well.
my point was that everyone was joking about how the op is concerned with Canada getting colder so how on earth is the temp in Brazil relevant

Reactions: 6adget

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my point was that everyone was joking about how the op is concerned with Canada getting colder so how on earth is the temp in Brazil relevant
If Canada gets affected, so will everywhere else unless the tempreture is dominated by Geothermal but Canada isn't like that

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"alright I'll bite"

if the sun was going to cause a ice age in the way you describe then the current temp anywhere would be just as pointless . . . so . . .
But distribution remains the same, so the areas that gets more still gets more, though less than before.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Besides, in some areas geothemal is a factor but Canada is not one of them. Brazil on the other hand is much more affected.

Last edited by Yil,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But distribution remains the same, so the areas that gets more still gets more, though less than before.
i'm confused ether this thread is spiraling badly or you are on track to move to Brazil in anticipation of another ice age

either way i'm gonna click unwatch now

Reactions: 6adget

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that, simply dropping in activity and becoming more active once again afterward and continue doing so for serveral million years until it start fission before becoming a neutron star. And considering there is no risk of imminent volcano eruption and thick shell I would say dropping in intensity can be devastating. And we should start counting from say -200K, a 20% drop in intensity allows the tempretureto easily go below -15C.

If I recall correctly sunspot was caused by excessive pressure surpressing electrons from shifting to higher orbits. When less energy is generated, this behaviour start to get less frequent. And is it agreed that ice age was caused by dust clouds following the eruption?
It's obvious that you just read up on the sun and it's life cycle. You have a poor grasp on what you just read. you threw in a couple of things that was meant to sound like you know what your talking about. like electrons shifting to higher orbits. you are talking about a tiny fraction of a process of a dying star on its way to becoming a neutron star. that process is a long, long ways off like WiiUBricker pointed out. Just save face and admit that you were wrong. It is a breath of fresh air when I hear someone admit they were wrong about something and actually want to know how they were wrong. I crave learning. I am never ashamed if someone points out that I am wrong even in front of others. I used to become embarrassed when I found out I was wrong about something. A friend pointed out how the more I stuck to my guns saying I was right, the more foolish I looked. And in the end I learned nothing. Your life will change overnight when you learn to realize that it's ok to be wrong. we don't know everything. I also know that no one likes a know it all, and i'm starting to sound like one. sorry, i'm really not trying to. The more I read, and learn new things, the more I know how stupid I really am.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's obvious that you just read up on the sun and it's life cycle. You have a poor grasp on what you just read. you threw in a couple of things that was meant to sound like you know what your talking about. like electrons shifting to higher orbits. you are talking about a tiny fraction of a process of a dying star on its way to becoming a neutron star. that process is a long, long ways off like WiiUBricker pointed out. Just save face and admit that you were wrong. It is a breath of fresh air when I hear someone admit they were wrong about something and actually want to know how they were wrong. I crave learning. I am never ashamed if someone points out that I am wrong even in front of others. I used to become embarrassed when I found out I was wrong about something. A friend pointed out how the more I stuck to my guns saying I was right, the more foolish I looked. And in the end I learned nothing. Your life will change overnight when you learn to realize that it's ok to be wrong. we don't know everything. I also know that no one likes a know it all, and i'm starting to sound like one. sorry, i'm really not trying to. The more I read, and learn new things, the more I know how stupid I really am.
Solar life cycle: Gather matter-Implosion by gravity-Fusion-Implosion-Fission-Implosion that forces electron into the nuecleus-Neutron star considering sun's low mass. Edit: It turns out to be more to do with magnetic field than surrounding pressure. I should avoid astralnomy until I did some proper study next year.

Last edited by Yil,

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To Rephrase everything:
The topic has nothing to do with the sun dying. I am simply saying the sun is at the lower end of equilibrium that will last another two billion years, and will become more active than now at some later time before I die should I survive the potential ice age in Canada.
What I am saying is that the surrounding pressure supressing photon emission might be a secondary cause, which can only happen if it has less energy than surrounding area. However, the primary cause of the phenomenon is the movement of the sun's magnetic field. The magnetic field however did not explain the solar storm following the sun spot, which requires energy to build up. And while sun spots themselves does nothing important to us, it will reflect the sun's power. And while it might not be much, dropping in light intensity alone can be devastating.
Yeah sun's going to cool things down a bit. Quick, burn as much fossil fuels as possible!

This message is sponsored by EXXON® Mobil™
As much as I hate it, it is a feasible solution. It will, however, create more problems.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
>we should all get wepons n kens n shit!!! THE ICE IS COMING!!! N I DUN MEEN THE ICE THAT GOS AFTER ILEGALS,I MEAN THE FUCKING COLD ICE!!! We should hook up with our sisters and cousins so the worl gets repoopulated.

Please,dont tell me you're like that. Because some people with those characteristics believe in the same misinformed bullshit that you are spewing out into the temp.

I will believe you arent misinformed if you either show:

Proof of it.

Source (if its nasa or somethin then fuck man ill believe you)

Also,i live in a hot place,so i'd be more than happy if it cools down. Id ditch the suburbs and watch everybody i hate die from the mountains. I'd wait until the corpses turn to bone,kill all other survivors,and restore monterrey to the beautiful place it mustve been tens of thousands of years ago. :)

(im the opposite pole,dont be like me either; if it was up to me,the human race would never exist and the world would only be populated by animals)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.