Does anyone think the sun will become less active for a decade or two?

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are some report that our star's activity is slowly dropping leading to another mini ice age, but will go back after a while.
Canada could end up frozen so I am definitely preparing right now.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's not how the sun works at all. (or ice ages for that matter)

Source?
Reduced Radiation can cause a mini ice age and that could be more dramatic (and less predictable) than orbital shift (which is dictated by gravity).

x65943

translation implies the existence of cislation
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reduced Radiation can cause a mini ice age and that could be more dramatic (and less predictable) than orbital shift (which is dictated by gravity).
The idea that sunspot activity dictates temperature is pretty controversial

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum

Most people agree that volcanic activity was the cause of the mini ice age

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just hurts my head. I'm not trying to be mean, but put down facebook and pick up a science book. decreased radiation? The sun and earth relationship, and how they both work for that matter are very complex, but for f@cks sake. I am a science geek more than most of my friends so I try to realize that some people just don't understand how things work. I prescribe a dose of no social media for the day. Do some school work instead. please. Like I said, not trying to be a jerk. I am just very frustrated. As a kid me and people my age dreamt of the internet that we were promised, and the knowledge that would come with it. instead we have fake news and satire spreading like wildfire.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
LOL. The Internet we were promised...
It all backfired like hell.
Instead of being a source of information for people to research, learn and think about, it just turned out that people became lazy asses that stopped thinking, became naive as fuck and dependent on spoon fed "facts" that they can't reason about any longer.
It really backfired. Probably because of human nature.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Tell Facebook to don't worry, Kim Jong un will send uranium and nuclear bombs so Americans get enough radiation to compensate

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remember, vaccines cause autism, despite all scientific evidence that says the contrary. If some crackpot, who lost all credibility, said it, it must be true!

Don't forget that everyone also is allergic to gluten, despite there being a small population of those with Siliac disease, everyone has to avoid gluten because it's bad for 100% of the population!

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL. The Internet we were promised...
It all backfired like hell.
Instead of being a source of information for people to research, learn and think about, it just turned out that people became lazy asses that stopped thinking, became naive as fuck and dependent on spoon fed "facts" that they can't reason about any longer.
It really backfired. Probably because of human nature.

I can see it now. We will continue to advance in technology until we become so integrated we become like the borg from star trek. And then instead of us becoming smarter and smarter due to being part of a hive mind, we become too stupid to question any thoughts shared. so we will then become a mix of borg, and idiocracy. But to lazy, and dumb to do anything about the true cause of swings in the earth temperature (US! Our footprint), thereby allowing our planet to go to shit. then we will have to travel in a big space ship like the movie Wall E. overweight, Trying to find another place to live. integrated blobs riding hover larks, completely reliant on robots and machines who will obviously have an easier time controlling us due to our newfound borg like integration.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy