Gaming Does anyone know how to defeat the bosses in BoTW

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The giant rock golems and the 3 giants that chase you. Do I need more heart containers?
I didn't try defeating any of the world bosses until I had around 10 hearts.
However, you might be able to get by with defense boosting food, though you likely don't have the materials required for making good defense food yet.
The rock golems are easy. Climb on their back and attack the black ore until you get thrown off, rinse and repeat. They can't hit you at all while you're on their back. Expect to waste a few weapons doing this though. It seems like weapons that are normally good for mining (like the sledgehammer) are more effective against them. You could probably also use bombs.

As for the Hinox (the giant cyclops) I just swipe at their feet repeatedly until they go down. With a large amount of hearts what little damage you take from them sitting on you isn't much of an issue. However if you learn the timing you can dodge that and take them down without taking any damage, easily taking them down with only 5 hearts. I did beat my first Hinox relatively early in the game, they are among the easier world bosses.

Best stay as far away as possible from the Lynels though (I know you didn't mention them, just saying)
You can dodge their attacks fairly reliably (with the exception of the ones that carry the giant club, I haven't found a way to dodge that yet, it seems to have a higher range than my dodge range and even when I dodge perfectly and the Y button trigger shows up I still get hit a split second later), but you won't have the weapons needed for taking them down yet as they have a lot of HP.
At one point in the game you will need to get close to one but it's probably best just to use stealth to get what you need and get out of there without attracting its attention. You can kill them with relative ease once you have a few 30+ attack weapons. And preferably the Master Sword.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: skawo

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I fought a Hinox with only four hearts and didn't take any damage. All you have to do is run between his legs, hit the foot that doesn't have armour on it two or three times, then sprint away before he sits on you. Repeat as many times as needed. I was never successful hitting his eye with an arrow because he just covers it with his hand.
You can find bananas on the beach in the South-East of the map, which you can cook up to make your attack stronger.

Reactions: Meliodas2255

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock golem are bosses? Do they give heart containers? Are they in a dungeon? Do they advance the story? Not sure how i can qualify them as a boss. Yeah even before you tell me that they have a title card and a red life bar like one. Lynels have huge HP but they aren't bosses, might as well call them a boss then too.:unsure:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Rock golem are bosses? Do they give heart containers? Are they in a dungeon? Do they advance the story? Not sure how i can qualify them as a boss. Yeah even before you tell me that they have a title card and a red life bar like one. Lynels have huge HP but they aren't bosses, might as well call them a boss then too.:unsure:
Bosses are enemies that have a title come up at the top of your screen when you approach them. For example the golems say "Stone Talus". There have to be overworld bosses simply because the dungeons take up such a tiny percentage of the game.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Go shrine hunting. Also try to upgrade your gear in the fairy fountains so you are better protected. You need to find all 4 of them to get the clothes to MAX level however.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Hinox, golems or whatever and lionels I see as mini bosses and the 4 beasts enemies as bosses but it doesn't matter. Anyone have trouble with the black hinox on the island that takes ur stuff away?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hinox, golems or whatever and lionels I see as mini bosses and the 4 beasts enemies as bosses but it doesn't matter. Anyone have trouble with the black hinox on the island that takes ur stuff away?
No, it's easy to kill if you lead it back to the beach, and pick up a metal crate and smack it around the head for a few minutes.

Reactions: slingblade1170

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
No, it's easy to kill if you lead it back to the beach, and pick up a metal crate and smack it around the head for a few minutes.
No I killed it with no damage I was just wondering if anyone used those crates like I did. Lol I love using crates and chests to beat enemies to death!

Reactions: Quantumcat

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have trouble with the black hinox on the island that takes ur stuff away?

You didn't put good, disposable weapons/armor/food on the boat before you reached land? That's the easy way; you just have to remember to unequip/drop before you get to the end.

The other way is to cook a lot of stat-boosting food from the camps before you fight B Hinox. Then, blow up all the trees so he has no weapons, make lots of fire from the wood bundles (since you don't keep the stuff you find) to make a trap or burn grass to cause an updraft so you can paraglide high+focus shot the weak spot and attack as usual. If you block arrows with a Boko shield, you keep more (arrows) than you would if you try to pick them up.

A real fun way to kill is using magnesis to hold a metal object above a targets head during a storm.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to Zelda games as well here and don't get much time to play between adulting and kids. By creating a manual save before engaging the Stone Talus on the Great Plateau I was able to take him down with 3 hearts and a whole lot of some practice.

Have sledge hammer, bombs are difficult while on his back. Getting behind to get a clean shot arrow shot on the ore is also difficult so throwing bombs at his feet for a stun is helpful. Arrow shot in ore stuns and after a stun i find it helpful to dash towards him to get the time to climb on top.

If the environment allows getting some height to allow for a slow motion arrow shot is very helpful as well.

Regarding the Hinox he starts covering his eye after a couple of arrow shots so after that best to just concentrate on the legs from what I can tell.

This may not be necessary but I created a second account for the sole purpose of combat training to practice my combat skills. The more of a particular enemy you kill the higher levels they spawn and I didn't want black levels showing up to early in my main game because insuck at the advance combat mechanics like perfect dodging.

Reactions: Quantumcat

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have like 27, but still 3 hearts LMFAO.
I don't know where to upgrade XD, I know it's in the Temple of Time though.
Wrong.
It's in literally every town. Look for a statue. I usually go to the one in Kakariko, it's opposite Impa's house, which is right near the entrance. If you warp to the shrine there, just glide down and when you see the massive house, turn left to where there is water, the statue is in the middle of it.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have seven hearts and upgraded weapons and armor and the Yiga Blademaster from that one quest kills me every time. I even hit him with 2 bomb arrows.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Wrong.
It's in literally every town. Look for a statue. I usually go to the one in Kakariko, it's opposite Impa's house, which is right near the entrance. If you warp to the shrine there, just glide down and when you see the massive house, turn left to where there is water, the statue is in the middle of it.
How is what he said wrong? He didn't state its only in the temple of time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)