Does anyone know how to defeat the bosses in BoTW

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by 03bgood, Apr 3, 2017.

1. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    I've only managed to defeat two of them; a few Beamos (with arrows) and a giant forest ogre, by hiding in a small cave. The rest kill me very easily and I only have 5 hearts and my weapons and bombs are useless.

Last edited by 03bgood, Apr 3, 2017
  2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Which boss specifically are you asking for advice on? They each have different methods for taking them down.

3. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    The giant rock golems and the 3 giants that chase you. Do I need more heart containers?

4. kamekaz3

kamekaz3 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    For the rock golems, throw bombs to break his arms and climb on him to hit the Ore weak spot when he slams down with his head. Sledgehammer works well, just like as if you're mining. I'm not sure what you mean by 3 giants that chase you as I beat the game awhile ago.

5. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    flurry rush until they're dead.

6. Benja81

Benja81 GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Benja81 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 24, 2015
    United States
    For rock giants, you can also shoot the ore on top of his head, especially bomb and fire arrows. For the ogre giants, shoot them in the eye, which will make them sit down and then attack them.

Last edited by Benja81, Apr 3, 2017
  7. skawo

skawo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    If you have 5 hearts, then you should consider leaving them alone for now and just searching for more shrines and better equipment.

MarioFanatic64 likes this.
  8. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    I've only completed like 12 or 13 shrines.

9. skawo

skawo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    ...Precisely.

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  10. kamekaz3

kamekaz3 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    nah you don't really need more hearts honestly if you know how to correctly tackle them. The giant cyclops can be easily kited around while attacking even without shooting his eyes since he covers it sometimes. If you upgraded your sheika slate for Stastis+ you can freeze him before shooting his eyes.

Last edited by kamekaz3, Apr 3, 2017
  11. PaBo

PaBo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Gambia, The
    basically any enemy - be it big or small - is countered with arrows in this game...

12. skawo

skawo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    You can tackle Ganon with four hearts, and yet, strangely enough, very few people do that.

13. kamekaz3

kamekaz3 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    Ok but we're not talking about Ganon. These bosses are much slower and has far less health.

14. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    If you have stasis+ then u can use that climb the golem and keep doing the jump attack to his weak spot and if u time it right he won't be able throw u off because u will always be in the air.

15. skawo

skawo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    But he's clearly having problems with them, and your response is, essentially "git gud".
    He just started playing.

16. kamekaz3

kamekaz3 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    That was not my response. Your respone is to farm shrines and armor so you can tank through them. What are you learning from that? I gave him actual advice on how to engage them.

Last edited by kamekaz3, Apr 3, 2017
  17. skawo

skawo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    Oh, I'm sorry. Your advice was "hit the obvious weakpoint" and THEN "git gud".

Not only that, this task will likely eat all his weapons. It's not a good idea early on. Seriously.

Last edited by skawo, Apr 3, 2017
  18. kamekaz3

kamekaz3 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    I told him sledgehammer is good on the golem, which would NOT eat through his weapon. The cyclops always has weapons dangling around his neck and since he's early in the game, the ones he found shouldn't have much HP. I've also said you can easily kite him, meaning run around while hitting him, which isn't his weakspot.

19. skawo

skawo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    Not true. Most often it's actually food, or bows, which won't help much at all.

And wasn't the general problem that he couldn't hit him enough?

Edit: ...I'm sorry. I'm getting upset for no reason today at everyone.

Last edited by skawo, Apr 3, 2017
  20. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    big rock golems: aim for the odd colored rock on them(that the week spot most bosses have one) with arrows/bomb arrows(some will need ice/fire arrows) /hammer type weapons/square bombs you can use stasis+ to stop the for a few sec

Hinox, arrow to the eye to not them down and stun them then hit it be ready to back off when you show signs of attacking