Do you know how hard life is with 2 Iphone fanboys in the family?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by undertaletrash, Sep 4, 2016.

?

Which OS is better?

1. Android

78.7%
  2. iOS

20.2%
  3. Windows Phone

1.1%
  1. undertaletrash
    OP

undertaletrash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    Belgium
    nowwhere in particular
    i have 2 older brothers which never shut up about the fact that they have iphones and despise every android device and when i say even something SLIGHTLY negative about them (like the ridiculous pricing of apple products) they start accusing me of jealousy and me not being able to afford "quality hardware" when i know you can get much better stuff for less money (my smartphone almost has better specs than a macbook)

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Hey, let them pay premium prices for outdated hardware.
    Iphones still use LCD whilst Droid phones have AMOLED.
    Iphones still use Dual core CPU's (maybe Quad now) whilst Droid has Octa already.

Let them believe the lie that every apple fanatic believes.

Meteor7, PokeAcer, EpicMedz and 8 others like this.
  3. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    Apple IS better.

TheKingy34, VinLark and Returnofganon like this.
  4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    +
    high customization..
    does your brand doesn't care to support your phone model anymore, or does your brand sucks cuz it modified your OS with bloatware? flash a custom rom maintained by fans

and no stupid useless for the normal user stocks app either!

5. smileyhead

smileyhead I am DEFINITELY a madman with a box.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    :rofl2:
    Must be a pain in the arse. :P

PokeAcer likes this.
  6. alex_0706

alex_0706 darknessblade

May 8, 2010
    Netherlands
    this should prove that there was no need to ditch the headphone jack:
    http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/e83d8df44
    ----
    as for the hardware, yes the vivo is worse but its still 65% thinner and still has a headphone jack
    as for the size its a few MM smaller but its thickness is what counts.
    the screen is also better wich uses super-amoled, while thie iphone 7 still uses IPS
    (while its a well known fact, that amoled screens are currently cheaper to produce per screen than ips){a few cents though}

7. Jack54782

Jack54782 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    A9LH CRUSADE
    Used to use iOS, lost my iTouch 4G, got an android tablet never looked back, it's like the Gentoo of phones. No restrictions and if there is one root, or install custom ROM.

EDIT: Oh and Micro SD cards, great things especially in Android M and above

Last edited by Jack54782, Sep 11, 2016
    Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  8. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I have an iPhone 3GS which used to last for days or a week but now the battery drains in hours and it's not running any apps (I removed any push notification or apps). I wonder what those fanboys would help me out on this.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Apple is involved with IS? That's worrisome. :unsure:

asnka likes this.
  9. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    To be objective, though, an iPhone doesn't have to deal with Java, at all. And all the bloat that comes with it. This explains why even a base iPhone 5 with 1GB of RAM could still handle everything I threw at it fluidly, while my current Moto X Pure with 3GB of RAM still manages to choke on itself with Pokemon Go + Sensorly + literally anything else.

And for as tiny as the battery is on the specs for an iPhone, it's absurd that Apple has been able to squeeze as much usable life out of it, when I can't even get four hours from my Moto X Pure. And before anyone says "well just have a power pack", I already do. And the thing still manages to get hot enough to absolutely refuse to charge, but still drain the fuck out of said external charger, because I still have to use the damn thing.

I miss having phones with removable batteries, and the ability to install extended batteries. My Note 3 with its 10k mAh zerolemon battery at worst gave me two full days of heavy use, and 20+ hours of marathon Twitch streaming over wireless. The reason I had to look for a replacement, however, was because it lacked the bands to support what carriers were doing. Yet literally fucking nobody on any OS is doing something about this.:gun::shit:

As far as OP though, if they are so elitist, then tell them (and their parents), that if they feel so strongly about it and can boast about it so much, they should easily have enough $$$$ to afford to get you one, too. ;)

Last edited by codezer0, Sep 11, 2016
  10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I don't hate Apple for their hardware, I only despise their business practices of jacking up the price for hardware that is identical in competitors' hardware and the fact that other devices are just as capable, if not more so than Apple. The mentality that others have and deem their devices to be somehow superior in every way, shape, and form when there is little to no difference in how they act; smartphones are smartphones, they do the same thing as the next brand, when Apple fanatics get all sanctimonious and somehow look at Android users as being inferior or lesser somehow, that's stepping over the line IMO.

11. asnka

asnka Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2006
    United States
    Just wait a few years....your debate will be dissolved... One of them will switch...then you get to wipe the egg of their face... Bide time..Wait to strike..Your time will come..

side note: You can do more with a $15 android burner than with the newest iphone...That's gotta say something..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

One is locked down the other isn't...
    emulators on ios?
    media players?
    Roms?

Not having to use itunes is just icing...

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  12. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    #BlackBerryMasterRace

BORTZ likes this.
  13. TheGrayShow1467

TheGrayShow1467 屈折

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    You should have 'indifferent' on the poll. Something meaning 'who gives a shit.'

14. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    I like IOS. But it would be pretty tough to live with the people you are living with. I hate elitists of ANY brand

vincentthegamer likes this.
  15. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    There's something wrong with your phone.
    My dad's Moto X Play has none of those problems and the battery lasts for over a day.
    Heck, even my low-end Gran Prime Duos sounds better than that.

16. TheGrayShow1467

TheGrayShow1467 屈折

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    The only problem I have with the iPhone 5 specifically is shit build quality. I got mine secondhand from a friend. Turns out the one I have is one of the earlier iPhone 5 models- the one with fucked power buttons. Also, if your screen gets cracked and one corner begins to jut out of the phone's shell, you can't pop it back in.

On topic: I own iOS devices. I like iOS devices. But I also own Android devices and like Android devices. I honestly couldn't give a damn on which is better.

TheKawaiiDesu likes this.
  17. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Yea, and motorola refuses to do a damn thing. I also find it extremely hard to believe that ANY phone with a non-removable battery actually "lasts all day", because none of them have the capacity to even attempt to make that claim. The closest I'd ever seen was some weirdo brand that had a phone with a 10k mAh battery, but unfortunately had no compatible bands with ANY US carrier at all.

but I need a phone that has all the carrier bands. I'm sick of having to basically buy a new phone when I get fed up with a carrier to want to switch for better service. Having to buy a new phone every time is awful, especially when you can't do anything with the old one when it's still locked to the last guy.

Of the choices for phones with all the US carrier bands, only the Moto X Pure even had that option, and a working SD slot. and of course, once Lenovo bought them, you're hard pressed to get ANY OS updates like the Nexus phones get.

Nexus phones suck too, because even when they did have an SD slot, Google had such a hate boner for external storage that they specifically updated things about android to make the slot next to unusable, forcing other makers like Samsung and Motorola to fiddle with the OS to make the SD slot usable again. I'm royally sick of all this.

It shouldn't be this hard to have a phone with the ability to slap in a bigger battery, and complete bands support. But nobody wants to make one. LG was pretty damn close, but after several checks and attempts, confirmed that whether you buy it brand new or second hand, LG refuses to warranty any unlocked phone, full stop.

Last edited by codezer0, Sep 12, 2016
    endoverend likes this.
  18. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    My only issue with Android is the terrible quality of cheaper devices. My brother had a 2nd gen Moto G and once he let me borrow it. I was stunned by how horribly slow and terrible it was. Honestly to have a good experience with android you need a good, expensive device and the Android flagships are hardly cheaper than iOS in the end so it's all just a matter of preference.

TheKawaiiDesu and Tomato Hentai like this.
  19. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    I really don't mind both--each OS has something specific it is designed for.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  20. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Rooting an Android is also super easy whereas jailbreaking an iPhone I couldn't do it myself, I tried many times but came short. Regardless, I love the freedom that Android allows of using.

People who buy iPhones aren't looking to get the best out of their phone / media device but for stylish reasons (or to look cool like everyone else).

smileyhead likes this.