Do you know how hard life is with 2 Iphone fanboys in the family?

Which OS is better?

• Total voters

undertaletrash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i have 2 older brothers which never shut up about the fact that they have iphones and despise every android device and when i say even something SLIGHTLY negative about them (like the ridiculous pricing of apple products) they start accusing me of jealousy and me not being able to afford "quality hardware" when i know you can get much better stuff for less money (my smartphone almost has better specs than a macbook)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey, let them pay premium prices for outdated hardware.
Iphones still use LCD whilst Droid phones have AMOLED.
Iphones still use Dual core CPU's (maybe Quad now) whilst Droid has Octa already.

Let them believe the lie that every apple fanatic believes.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Iphones still use Dual core CPU's (maybe Quad now) whilst Droid has Octa already.

+
high customization..
does your brand doesn't care to support your phone model anymore, or does your brand sucks cuz it modified your OS with bloatware? flash a custom rom maintained by fans

and no stupid useless for the normal user stocks app either!

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
they start accusing me of jealousy and me not being able to afford "quality hardware" when i know you can get much better stuff for less money (my smartphone almost has better specs than a macbook)
:rofl2:
Must be a pain in the arse. :P

Reactions: Deleted User

alex_0706

darknessblade
Trophies
Website
nolink.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

this should prove that there was no need to ditch the headphone jack:
http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/e83d8df44
----
as for the hardware, yes the vivo is worse but its still 65% thinner and still has a headphone jack
as for the size its a few MM smaller but its thickness is what counts.
the screen is also better wich uses super-amoled, while thie iphone 7 still uses IPS
(while its a well known fact, that amoled screens are currently cheaper to produce per screen than ips){a few cents though}

D

Deleted User

Used to use iOS, lost my iTouch 4G, got an android tablet never looked back, it's like the Gentoo of phones. No restrictions and if there is one root, or install custom ROM.

EDIT: Oh and Micro SD cards, great things especially in Android M and above

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I have an iPhone 3GS which used to last for days or a week but now the battery drains in hours and it's not running any apps (I removed any push notification or apps). I wonder what those fanboys would help me out on this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Apple IS better.
Apple is involved with IS? That's worrisome. :unsure:

Reactions: asnka

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be objective, though, an iPhone doesn't have to deal with Java, at all. And all the bloat that comes with it. This explains why even a base iPhone 5 with 1GB of RAM could still handle everything I threw at it fluidly, while my current Moto X Pure with 3GB of RAM still manages to choke on itself with Pokemon Go + Sensorly + literally anything else.

And for as tiny as the battery is on the specs for an iPhone, it's absurd that Apple has been able to squeeze as much usable life out of it, when I can't even get four hours from my Moto X Pure. And before anyone says "well just have a power pack", I already do. And the thing still manages to get hot enough to absolutely refuse to charge, but still drain the fuck out of said external charger, because I still have to use the damn thing.

I miss having phones with removable batteries, and the ability to install extended batteries. My Note 3 with its 10k mAh zerolemon battery at worst gave me two full days of heavy use, and 20+ hours of marathon Twitch streaming over wireless. The reason I had to look for a replacement, however, was because it lacked the bands to support what carriers were doing. Yet literally fucking nobody on any OS is doing something about this.:gun::shit:

As far as OP though, if they are so elitist, then tell them (and their parents), that if they feel so strongly about it and can boast about it so much, they should easily have enough $$$$ to afford to get you one, too. ;)

Last edited by codezer0,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't hate Apple for their hardware, I only despise their business practices of jacking up the price for hardware that is identical in competitors' hardware and the fact that other devices are just as capable, if not more so than Apple. The mentality that others have and deem their devices to be somehow superior in every way, shape, and form when there is little to no difference in how they act; smartphones are smartphones, they do the same thing as the next brand, when Apple fanatics get all sanctimonious and somehow look at Android users as being inferior or lesser somehow, that's stepping over the line IMO.

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Just wait a few years....your debate will be dissolved... One of them will switch...then you get to wipe the egg of their face... Bide time..Wait to strike..Your time will come..

side note: You can do more with a $15 android burner than with the newest iphone...That's gotta say something..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

smartphones are smartphones
One is locked down the other isn't...
emulators on ios?
media players?
Roms?

Not having to use itunes is just icing...

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To be objective, though, an iPhone doesn't have to deal with Java, at all. And all the bloat that comes with it. This explains why even a base iPhone 5 with 1GB of RAM could still handle everything I threw at it fluidly, while my current Moto X Pure with 3GB of RAM still manages to choke on itself with Pokemon Go + Sensorly + literally anything else.

And for as tiny as the battery is on the specs for an iPhone, it's absurd that Apple has been able to squeeze as much usable life out of it, when I can't even get four hours from my Moto X Pure. And before anyone says "well just have a power pack", I already do. And the thing still manages to get hot enough to absolutely refuse to charge, but still drain the fuck out of said external charger, because I still have to use the damn thing.

I miss having phones with removable batteries, and the ability to install extended batteries. My Note 3 with its 10k mAh zerolemon battery at worst gave me two full days of heavy use, and 20+ hours of marathon Twitch streaming over wireless. The reason I had to look for a replacement, however, was because it lacked the bands to support what carriers were doing. Yet literally fucking nobody on any OS is doing something about this.:gun::shit:

As far as OP though, if they are so elitist, then tell them (and their parents), that if they feel so strongly about it and can boast about it so much, they should easily have enough $$$$ to afford to get you one, too. ;)

There's something wrong with your phone.
My dad's Moto X Play has none of those problems and the battery lasts for over a day.
Heck, even my low-end Gran Prime Duos sounds better than that.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even a base iPhone 5 with 1GB of RAM could still handle everything I threw at it fluidly]
The only problem I have with the iPhone 5 specifically is shit build quality. I got mine secondhand from a friend. Turns out the one I have is one of the earlier iPhone 5 models- the one with fucked power buttons. Also, if your screen gets cracked and one corner begins to jut out of the phone's shell, you can't pop it back in.

On topic: I own iOS devices. I like iOS devices. But I also own Android devices and like Android devices. I honestly couldn't give a damn on which is better.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's something wrong with your phone.
My dad's Moto X Play has none of those problems and the battery lasts for over a day.
Heck, even my low-end Gran Prime Duos sounds better than that.
Yea, and motorola refuses to do a damn thing. I also find it extremely hard to believe that ANY phone with a non-removable battery actually "lasts all day", because none of them have the capacity to even attempt to make that claim. The closest I'd ever seen was some weirdo brand that had a phone with a 10k mAh battery, but unfortunately had no compatible bands with ANY US carrier at all.

but I need a phone that has all the carrier bands. I'm sick of having to basically buy a new phone when I get fed up with a carrier to want to switch for better service. Having to buy a new phone every time is awful, especially when you can't do anything with the old one when it's still locked to the last guy.

Of the choices for phones with all the US carrier bands, only the Moto X Pure even had that option, and a working SD slot. and of course, once Lenovo bought them, you're hard pressed to get ANY OS updates like the Nexus phones get.

Nexus phones suck too, because even when they did have an SD slot, Google had such a hate boner for external storage that they specifically updated things about android to make the slot next to unusable, forcing other makers like Samsung and Motorola to fiddle with the OS to make the SD slot usable again. I'm royally sick of all this.

It shouldn't be this hard to have a phone with the ability to slap in a bigger battery, and complete bands support. But nobody wants to make one. LG was pretty damn close, but after several checks and attempts, confirmed that whether you buy it brand new or second hand, LG refuses to warranty any unlocked phone, full stop.

Last edited by codezer0,
Reactions: endoverend

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
My only issue with Android is the terrible quality of cheaper devices. My brother had a 2nd gen Moto G and once he let me borrow it. I was stunned by how horribly slow and terrible it was. Honestly to have a good experience with android you need a good, expensive device and the Android flagships are hardly cheaper than iOS in the end so it's all just a matter of preference.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

You can do more with a $15 android burner than with the newest iphone...That's gotta say something..
Rooting an Android is also super easy whereas jailbreaking an iPhone I couldn't do it myself, I tried many times but came short. Regardless, I love the freedom that Android allows of using.

People who buy iPhones aren't looking to get the best out of their phone / media device but for stylish reasons (or to look cool like everyone else).

Reactions: smileyhead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1