• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Do you feel the USA is better now than it was 22 years ago?

Are things getting better or worse for the "Greatest Country in the World"?

• Better

• Worse

• It's a mixed bag and very complicated and while I think some things have declined we do also have...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Dems bad and corrupt, Trump good. Government corrupt.
Yeah no. What makes a politician scummy, is pretty much always money and special interest groups. Which dems has in spades, and the Republican party, and Trump has also in spades. You can't just go "Dems bad, Trump good" because if your going to call the system corrupt. You better being see the full picture, and not be supporting that same corruption, or a even worse version of it.

. Once you live in the real world for a long time as an adult you will realise that 50% of the time you are just going to have to suck it up because other people will always affect your life no matter how this irks you
talks about sucking up, but
Marriage is should only be for men and women
What's wrong with being against Alphabet people
is the same person who said this shit and cannot accept or leave these people alone.
also it's not 50% even you should know this. Because 60% of people supported abortion. over 50% support gay marriage. over 50% support trans people, and against the 1,137 anti lgbtq bills being introduced.
(then again weren't you the same person that said the silent majority was coming out? See this is the problem of with far right rhetoric, it's all the same talking points presented in nearly the same exact ways. So I can barely identify who said what)

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are comparing the migration within a country, China, to immigration into the US, which often happens illegally and in sometimes in large groups. I don´t have a problem with white replacement. Learn to read, dipshit. I hope it happens at a faster rate. And I don´t call it white genocide. I said some people do.
White people are not being put in camps for the crime of being white in the US. So no, there is no white genocide. Or even "replacement." It has been debunked for over five years now, find a new talking point.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
White people are not being put in camps for the crime of being white in the US.
Neither are Uyghurs. But since you don´t believe me: Neither are Native Americans.

So no, there is no white genocide. Or even "replacement." It has been debunked for over five years now, find a new talking point.
Whites have lower birth rates in the US. At the same time, there is migration into the US of about a million people per year. That is replacement. I have debunked the alleged debunking.

There could be a similar number of Native Americans now as there were in 1492. If that is the case, Native Americans were not replaced by Whites in the US.

To make a simple analogy: If your wife bears other men´s children or adopts children instead of having some with you, your genes will be replaced. If you have a problem with the word replacement, replace it with "substitution".

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Neither are Uyghurs. But since you don´t believe me: Neither are Native Americans.

Whites have lower birth rates in the US. At the same time, there is migration into the US of about a million people per year. That is replacement. I have debunked the allege debunking.

There could be a similar number of Native Americans now as there were in 1492. If that is the case, Native Americans were not replaced by Whites in the US.

To make a simple analogy: If your wife bears other men´s children or adopts children instead of having some with you, your genes will be replaced. If you have a problem with the word replacement, replace it with "substitution".
Not my fault White People aren't having sex.

Reactions: LainaGabranth

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Yeah no. What makes a politician scummy, is pretty much always money and special interest groups. Which dems has in spades, and the Republican party, and Trump has also in spades. You can't just go "Dems bad, Trump good" because if your going to call the system corrupt. You better being see the full picture, and not be supporting that same corruption, or a even worse version of it.

talks about sucking up, but

is the same person who said this shit and cannot accept or leave these people alone.

also it's not 50% even you should know this. Because 60% of people supported abortion. over 50% support gay marriage. over 50% support trans people, and against the 1,137 anti lgbtq bills being introduced.
(then again weren't you the same person that said the silent majority was coming out? See this is the problem of with far right rhetoric, it's all the same talking points presented in nearly the same exact ways. So I can barely identify who said what)
Don't reply to my posts, I have no interest in talking to you or debating with you. In fact I meant to, but forgot to put you on ignore - so I've just done that.

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people who have migrated to Russia do not find living their more restrictive. The tax burden is lower, which is a key factor of freedom. Freedom of expression is less pronounced than in the USA but that´s a given. The US was a uniquely free "project" of Europeans who had fled Europe and found a "new world". Given the changes in society, its end is already foreseeable.
Nice! I hope you enjoy it, comrade!
I heard the new McDonalds is SO much better than the original and even includes extra protein & free mold.
They're even fast tracking Russian citizenship, lucky you. Russia is quickly becoming the place to be, its gonna fill up fast!
Here are some perks you can look forward to, but I couldn't include everything of course:
  • Murdering enemies
  • Imprisoning dissenters
  • Quashing opposition (see also murdering enemies & imprisoning dissenters)
  • Forfeture of wealth
  • Real news that doesn't align with the infallible national news agenda is illegal resulting in all of the above
  • Illegaly occupying foreign territory using human expenditures (this could be you!)
  • So much more!

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best non-politician politician you have had by a mile was Donald Trump
Wow! I think you hit the nail on the head. By a mile!

The best at being impeached, the best at trying to murder our democracy for his personal ego, the best at getting all of his followers to believe any lie he feels like uttering, the best at proving how gullible and delusional his voter base is, the best at being the worst president we've ever had! AND soon to be the best at being the first president to ever be indicted for his crimes against the state. Congrats :grog:

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not my fault White People aren't having sex.
It's amazing that incels will come up with this shit. Can you imagine the thought process behind it? "OH MY GOD, WHITE WOMAN, PLEASE, I NEED YOU TO HAVE SEX WITH ME, IT'S YOUR CIVIC DUTY!! OUR RACE IS DYING!!"
Fucking embarrassing.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It's amazing that incels will come up with this shit. Can you imagine the thought process behind it? "OH MY GOD, WHITE WOMAN, PLEASE, I NEED YOU TO HAVE SEX WITH ME, IT'S YOUR CIVIC DUTY!! OUR RACE IS DYING!!"
Fucking embarrassing.
I'd imagine more along the lines of a Supreme Gentleman wearing a Fedora shouting, Hwite Woman you have been chosen to produce my Hwite offspring. The survival of hwite people depends on you, now donate your hwite body.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: Dakitten

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The left keeps saying that we don't care about the loss of lives. That's an emotional response. I'm positive that the hundreds of murders in Chicago's inner city are not done by right wing zealots. In fact, we are the only people who try to talk about it. The left wants to ignore all of the murders of black people in cities across the country. Weird.
Less mass shootings and better healthcare affects everyone. The only emotional response here, is the one that is randomly making this about race.

So doctors should not be able to price their services on their own? Sounds like part fascism and part slavery. Democrats are the same now as they were in the 19th century.
Profits over lives. Thanks on proving once again that you guys don't actually care about the right to life. Tho I'm sure you guys will be quick to blame Big Pharma, when you actually have to help other people.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Wow! I think you hit the nail on the head. By a mile!

The best at being impeached, the best at trying to murder our democracy for his personal ego, the best at getting all of his followers to believe any lie he feels like uttering, the best at proving how gullible and delusional his voter base is, the best at being the worst president we've ever had! AND soon to be the best at being the first president to ever be indicted for his crimes against the state. Congrats :grog:
I think you'll find the worst president you've ever had is your current Senile Senoir - teleprompter Joe. I haven't known of anyone worse in the History of the US. Corruption and the Biden crime family go hand in hand. He constantly lies every time he opens his mouth, the other day he was saying he had cancer, he probably meant to say he was sniffing a kid that had cancer.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Less mass shootings and better healthcare affects everyone. The only emotional response here, is the one that is randomly making this about race.

Profits over lives. Thanks on proving once again that you guys don't actually care about the right to life. Tho I'm sure you guys will be quick to blame Big Pharma, when you actually have to help other people.
Imagine not understanding economics or healthcare and commenting in public proving to everybody here that you do not understand these topics.

The same Big Pharma who have raked in record profits over the last couple of years because the government bought their product and tried to force us to take it? You complain about profits and defend the biggest recipient of record profits.

So doctors can't charge enough for their services to pay their college loans, or is it better for the federal government to pay for those too? Why do you hate doctors and nurses, but love Big Pharma, besides the fact that you are fascist and authoritarian?

Reactions: mrdude

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, no. I'm not American, but from what I can see it's a shitshow.

Revoltingly awful Presidents, that whole "social justice" thing last decade, the still-ironclad grip Christianity has on education and politics and policy-making (Christians, you are NOT "persecuted" - you're the ones doing the persecuting!), the stubborn reliance on cars for transport instead of the far more efficient and environmentally-healthier public transport, Elon fucking Musk and his countless lies and scams and bullshit. The stubborn refusal to abandon the nonsensical Imperial units.

America's awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.