do you belive theres a after life

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always believed the afterlife is like sleeping indefinitely.

You ever went to sleep and woke up without remembering any dreams? That quick blip between dozing off and waking up where it's just nothing. No worries, no feeling, just peace. I've looked up near death experiences before because I was curious and a lot were the same.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I like to think of life in terms of the first law of thermodynamics. Energy cannot be destroyed or created, only transferred or changed into another form. I look at us all as entities of energy so for that reason I guess I believe in an afterlife.

Reactions: cots

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly you were taught wrong sir, our job as humans is to ask for forgiveness of our sins if we commit any, then with the help of the Holy Spirit to 100% turn AWAY from sin (meaning don't seek after it at ALL) NOBODY can enter Heaven without doing so.

So your religion and beliefs are right, and everyone else's are wrong? Please tell me why you are the one that is right. Do you realize that if you had been raised in a different country, or by different parents, etc that your religious beliefs would likely be very different? Do you honestly believe that a loving, kind, forgiving, all holy "father" would send his children to a place of everlasting torture & torment because they didn't abide by his rules? Would you do that to your own child? How about other sick "God Complex" shit in the Bible? For example... "Hey... Abraham!! Kill your son and sacrifice him to me to prove your loyalty to your father!!!" Then at the last second "Oh... nah. I was just fucking with ya to see if you'd do it." Like really? IS that something you'd also ask your own child to to, to show their obedience to you?

Blood sacrifices? Sounds pretty pagan to me. You honestly believe that a blood sacrifice (Jesus) was needed to save all of our souls? What about before Jesus? Sins were not forgiven & people were not let into Heaven? Why all of a sudden did we need Jesus for that? I mean... he's God after all right? He can do anything, but he chose to completely flood the earth... and obviously his plan there completely failed. Then sent his son to die a horribly cruel death? Again, what kind of "father" does these sick, vile, and disgusting things? How about Adam and Eve? Uh oh... you two didn't follow my every order so now I'm not only going to punish you both... but also all of your descendants who had zero to do with your actions, until the end of time.

What an outstanding father. He even said he regrets his creation of us.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I simply dont believe in anything or anyone, why would I?
The question should be: "why do I believe in afterlife" or whatever. Simply because the burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and btw the inability to disprove a random claim does not make it valid.

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So your religion and beliefs are right, and everyone else's are wrong? Please tell me why you are the one that is right. Do you realize that if you had been raised in a different country, or by different parents, etc that your religious beliefs would likely be very different? Do you honestly believe that a loving, kind, forgiving, all holy "father" would send his children to a place of everlasting torture & torment because they didn't abide by his rules? Would you do that to your own child? How about other sick "God Complex" shit in the Bible? For example... "Hey... Abraham!! Kill your son and sacrifice him to me to prove your loyalty to your father!!!" Then at the last second "Oh... nah. I was just fucking with ya to see if you'd do it." Like really? IS that something you'd also ask your own child to to, to show their obedience to you?

Blood sacrifices? Sounds pretty pagan to me. You honestly believe that a blood sacrifice (Jesus) was needed to save all of our souls? What about before Jesus? Sins were not forgiven & people were not let into Heaven? Why all of a sudden did we need Jesus for that? I mean... he's God after all right? He can do anything, but he chose to completely flood the earth... and obviously his plan there completely failed. Then sent his son to die a horribly cruel death? Again, what kind of "father" does these sick, vile, and disgusting things? How about Adam and Eve? Uh oh... you two didn't follow my every order so now I'm not only going to punish you both... but also all of your descendants who had zero to do with your actions, until the end of time.

What an outstanding father. He even said he regrets his creation of us.
Your are spiritually blind sir, sad but true you willfully blind yourself to not see the truth, if you ever want to see the truth just ask God to open your eyes to see Him, and his wonder and splendor, the door is always open, always.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ofcourse there isn't ;')
Whatever floats your goat mate.

But face it.
When you die, you die.

You'll likely be put into the ground and sooner or later, worms will start feasting on your rotting corpse the moment the wooden casket breaks.
Or you get burned up and turned into plant fertilizer.
Eventually, the sun will swallow the earth and every human that has ever lived and died here will be gone forever.

No god or other make believe can change that.
the universe has no inherent meaning, this is true. We, as humans, are the ones that give meaning to our lives. Things are important because they're important to us. This is why we all have different things that are important to us, and we all have different goals and interest.

Our moral code is a biologically given one. It comes from the interplay of individual wants and group wants. That interaction is what creates the need for moral rules and imperatives. We see this in the animal kingdom, particularly in primates. Our sense of fairness and our sense of kindness and the like, can be documented as having a natural origin. No god needed.

It is interesting how the threat of torture by a god is meant to make you do what it wants you to do (that's called abuse and extortion), instead of just saying "only those who follow me have an afterlife. Otherwise you cease to exist". That'd be a lot scarier to me, I'd think. And you'd be able to get around the moral bankruptcy of letting people suffer for all eternity. They should rewrite the bible again and do that instead.
Your are also spiritually blind sirs, sad but true you willfully blind yourself to not see the truth, if you ever want to see the truth just ask God to open your eyes to see Him, and his wonder and splendor, the door is always open, always.

I don't need to tell you guys everything, go read for yourself. Don't just take my word for it. I'm not saying anything else on this sir, but I do care about all of you...because of God.

Last edited by Fates-Blade-900,

Hector Ludovino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have You read five ways to get God (Idk how to write in english in spanish it's cinco vías para llegar a Dios, the author is saint Thomas, or have You read Kurt Godel ?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your are spiritually blind sir, sad but true you willfully blind yourself to not see the truth, if you ever want to see the truth just ask God to open your eyes to see Him, and his wonder and splendor, the door is always open, always.

Your are also spiritually blind sirs, sad but true you willfully blind yourself to not see the truth, if you ever want to see the truth just ask God to open your eyes to see Him, and his wonder and splendor, the door is always open, always.

I don't need to tell you guys everything, go read for yourself. Don't just take my word for it. I'm not saying anything else on this sir, but I do care about all of you...because of God.

So you get stuck with questions & statements you cannot answer or justify then just ditch with some blanket "You are spiritually blind" nonsense? For the record I've asked God to open my eyes plenty of times, to come into my life, blah blah blah. I have stood up in front of literally thousands of people and given my life to Christ. Thing is... nothing happened. On more than one occasion I had done this, and nothing happened. I went to church, read my bible, attended youth groups regularly, bible study, etc. Guess what? Notta. All I saw was lies, corruption, deceit, cover-ups, judgement, hurt, and a slew of other great things I now choose to have zero part of.

You can't go around preaching your gospel, then ditch when the heat is on. I think you're the one blinded by spiritual matters, not others. Your own Bible is so full of contradictions it makes me sick. You're just to blind to accept it. Now please do give me your insight into my previous post or stop preaching. Doesn't your God tell you hot or cold? There is no in-between? You're sinking and not even trying to stay afloat. How about your Christian holidays? Can we discuss all of those as well, and how they came to be?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

No thank you.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
in the end, for me, it's the choice between living your life to prove worthiness for a reward after death, and the choice to live your life to completion here on earth. If you've only got one shot at life, you live it differently than if you think you're just warming up for the big-leagues. intrinsic vs extrinsic motivation, not to put too fine a point on it.

You have a point for the most part, but I imagine that depends a conditional; that is, you need to do stuff in life to get into an afterlife. This is one of the major issues I have with religious afterlife, because they dictate what you should do in life instead of just letting you do it yourself. I was suggesting more of a realm that is simply present, that anyone who dies can go to, no strings attached. As far as that should be concerned, there's really no need whatsoever to structure your life around that because regardless you should either get into that realm as soon as you die, or if it doesn't exist then we all become nothingness.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,
Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a point for the most part, but I imagine that depends a conditional; that is, you need to do stuff in life to get into an afterlife. This is one of the major issues I have with religious afterlife, because they dictate what you should do in life instead of just letting you do it yourself. I was suggesting more of a realm that is simply present, that anyone who dies can go to, no strings attached. As far as that should be concerned, there's really no need whatsoever to structure your life around that because regardless you should either get into that realm as soon as you die, or if it doesn't exist then we all become nothingness.
I can appreciate that. For me, I take the stance of that which is presented with no evidence can be dismissed with no evidence. Makes me think of "Russell's teapot". I'm always open to the idea, but i'll think it not true until i can be convinced otherwise.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing well some of them.... Sharp X68000 games lol Japanese is hard...