Do you actually meet other Tempers?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So, after reading a thread regarding the dispute of moozxy's gender from shadowxp, I started to think.

I'm an Indonesian, so the chance to meet up with other Temper is ~0%, except one of the is an Indonesian (which is, just fuckin' rare, in fact, I think I'm the only active Indonesian here, any other Indonesian temper I've identified by name {like, you know somebody named Yamato is usually from Japan, Punjabii is usually from India, that kind of name identification} seems to be inactive)

But, many Tempers are from the same country, USA, UK, France, and such. I wonder if you people actually meet up and do things together? (like, maybe go to Gamestop or something?)

It feels so empty, I've been here quite long, yet I have no acquaintance from this community
laugh.gif
like, I'm the only piece of salt in a pool of sugar, tea leaves, and coffee beans (okay, it's off-topic
laugh.gif
)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never met up with any tempers, it'd be cool though. I used to attend alot of copy parties when BBSes were the norm though. One of my best friends IRL is someone I met up with from a BBS.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Raestloz said:
It feels so empty, I've been here quite long, yet I have no acquaintance from this community
laugh.gif
like, I'm the only piece of salt in a pool of sugar, tea leaves, and coffee beans (okay, it's off-topic
laugh.gif
)
What a great analogy!

I'd probably like to meet some like-minded tempers, Im in the north west UK - anyone else up here?

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If any of them lived near me, I would do it, but only if I was friends with them online, or they were one of the more well known, longer time members. It would be weird meeting up with someone who has been with the site for like, 2 months.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't met any but it would be cool if it happens. "Hey you're _____ from GBAtemp right?"

I would accept any invites from fellow Brits though...

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually wanted to set up a US Temper's Meet-Up kinda thing. Been working on ideas and i'm going to be doing a prelim post with questions about who might be interested. Also, its not JUST for US Tempers, it'll be an East-Coast thing that ANYONE is welcome to, i just figger a lot of Non-East-Coasters won't attend lol.

We'll see what happens
smile.gif

CorruptedAngel

Trophies
XP
Country
cardyology said:
Raestloz said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)
What a great analogy!

I'd probably like to meet some like-minded tempers, Im in the north west UK - anyone else up here?
north west? where abouts north west? lol, like west yorkshire mabey?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
science said:
If any of them lived near me, I would do it, but only if I was friends with them online, or they were one of the more well known, longer time members. It would be weird meeting up with someone who has been with the site for like, 2 months.
Yeah, lol, it's like:
A: "hey, you science?"
B(science): "Yeah, it's me"
A: "How ya doin'?"
B: "Never better"
A: ".............."(1 sec)
B: ".............."(1 sec, which makes it 2 secs of silence)
A: "SO, any news?"
B: "IDK, the home page told me a new Wii game is out, it's....."
A: "Aw, dang, I don't have a Wii"
B: "Oh...."
A: "..........."(another 1 sec)
B: "..........." (yet another 1 sec, 4 secs of silence)

laugh.gif
if such scenario ever happen, IDK, maybe digital life is better than biological life
rofl.gif

@phoood: where were you? Never seen you here lol
ninja.gif

@WildWOn: that seems rather interesting, too bad I can't join

I, for one am not a social one, (as in, those teens like in cheap soap operas who have nothing but a happy-go-lucky life full of socializing), rather, I'm a nerd
laugh.gif
. A prophet told me I'll get married in 20, I'm 17 right now, but somehow I don't think I'll ever get married, considering how nerd I am
wink.gif

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't met anyone from gbatemp, except IainDS who I knew before we signed up here.
I'll meet a bunch in the london meet though!
Also I could've met up with scubersteve but that didn't happen.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
moozxy said:
I haven't met anyone from gbatemp, except IainDS who I knew before we signed up here.
London meet? you mean you'll gather GBATempers from around England and meet up in London? Cool, I can only hope we can do the same in Jakarta..... but meh
glare.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
moozxy said:
Where exactly?

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have only met up with a few people that I met online... but there's a little process that I (we) went through.
[*]Start chatting on IM[*]Start webcamming[*]Start chatting over the phone[*]Meet up
But, I have yet to meet any other Tempers.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, i go in the same class as 2 'tempers, though they found the site thru me, and they aren't active..

also, i don't really know him, but Isaac (who i'm sure some of you know of) goes in the university one block from my dad, the university i'll probably start at next year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes Jeff Butts a reporter you can trust