Hacking Do the r4 clones take r4 firmware

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
This issue has been discussed thoroughly. For the most part, R4 clones have bad support, they sometimes have issues with bricking carts, etc.

While it is nice to see that we have two members so far satisfied with their carts, I can say that I am not. Let me begin by saying that it was awfully cheap to buy so many R4's and distribute them among your friends. It isn't flawless, but it is true that it'll do the job. Personally I think it is foolish to save a few cents to buy an inferior cart, but I'm happy that you are satisfiedm with your purchase.

So before you follow hackermatt's advice of buying them up, I'd say you should listen to the advice that many other GBATempers will give you. It is inevitable that opinions clash, but I think it is pretty clear that there is a overwhelming amount of people that tell you to buy something such as the AceKard 2 instead of an R4 clone, and there are good reasons for it. I'm not going to bother repeating the huge replies I've written in the past, but feel free to search them up.

@injected - I have all the carts mentioned in that post, and I have to agree with him asides from the fact that they break. I only have one, and it seems like you do too. We are in no place to judge how many defects there are. On the other hand, I do feel that I have to right to say that the R4i SDHC just can't compete with the likes of the AceKard 2i, or most other carts for that matter.

+1 to all this! I was gonna post my thoughts and advice but PV has put it far better than I could.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw