Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
hello

recently had conversation with the tunip man and after discussion he got mad and kicked me from discussion, now i cant view discussion history.
i feel like this is important part of pm and comunication on a forum, people should have posibile to reflect on recent hapenigs and process and disegst what hapened if things turn suor as did for me and mr tunip.

does anyone else agreed please??

if xenfor forum softwares has option to not entire DELETE conversation history for kick, please enable admins. thank.

D

Deleted User

I'm not arguing for personal reasons. I avoid drama and bullshit. That doesn't change the fact that I'd like what I've said to be on record somewhere, if not more than for my own reference and recollection.
Admins can easily view PMs so you don't have to have a record of it. Even if you got kicked and the only remaining person was for example me. Unless you want to make a website full of dumb shit tempers say via pm.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Admins can easily view PMs so you don't have to have a record of it. Even if you got kicked and the only remaining person was for example me. Unless you want to make a website full of dumb shit tempers say via pm.
Please read again what I said. I literally specified for my own reference. Every other forum I'm part of has a Sentbox.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Because we need useless features added in everything because one user just cries for it. Pathetic.

At least 5 people so far. I'm not great with math so I might be wrong :)

Honestly, I'm gonna assume the only reason this idea isn't a thing already, is probably cause XenForo came packaged like this. If the site had a sent box, I'd bet my life that no suggestion would be posted "Please remove sent box".
It boils down to this: if the forum software has the option to implement this with a setting switch, Costello or whoever will probably do it, cause some users have expressed a want for it, but if it's a custom feature that'd take time to implement, then, not very likely. Especially not when people are passionately arguing against this "awful" idea.

D

Deleted User

At least 5 people so far. I'm not great with math so I might be wrong :)

Honestly, I'm gonna assume the only reason this idea isn't a thing already, is probably cause XenForo came packaged like this. If the site had a sent box, I'd bet my life that no suggestion would be posted "Please remove sent box".
It boils down to this: if the forum software has the option to implement this with a setting switch, Costello or whoever will probably do it, cause some users have expressed a want for it, but if it's a custom feature that'd take time to implement, then, not very likely. Especially not when people are passionately arguing against this "awful" idea.
I'm not 100% against it but it just sounds like useless waste of time to please x number of users.
As easy as it sounds, it's probably not easy to implement and it might give our forum designer some trouble. If they set it to automatically clear conversation after being kicked, you can only beg them to change that. Simple as that.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not 100% against it but it just sounds like useless waste of time to please x number of users.
As easy as it sounds, it's probably not easy to implement and it might give our forum designer some trouble. If they set it to automatically clear conversation after being kicked, you can only beg them to change that. Simple as that.
You literally just summarized what I already said.
This is a suggestion forum and nothing else, you don't have to complicate it. Nor do you have to try to prevent features that you have no idea how much work they involve. Doesn't change the fact that at least Xathya who voiced his opinion wanted it to be a thing.

Leave whether it's a headache or not to the ones who run the forum and let them decide if it's too much work.

Reactions: Quantumcat
D

Deleted User

You literally just summarized what I already said.
This is a suggestion forum and nothing else, you don't have to complicate it. Nor do you have to try to prevent features that you have no idea how much work they involve. Doesn't change the fact that at least Xathya who voiced his opinion wanted it to be a thing.

Leave whether it's a headache or not to the ones who run the forum and let them decide if it's too much work.
I can voice my opinion freely since it's a forum so.
"No idea how much they involve" Neither do you know so why point this out?
But meh we are arguing with no point. Just move on.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I can voice my opinion freely since it's a forum so.
"No idea how much they involve" Neither do you know so why point this out?
I'm here because I support this idea and nothing else.
If it's an idea I don't like I would NEVER post about how to NOT please a fellow Temper no matter how trivial that feature is to someone else. I might voice my opinion if it's something that takes away or ruins my own experience in some way, and please don't pretend like this idea does for you.

But meh we are arguing with no point. Just move on.
Agreed.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think it's a fair suggestion. If you have a long pm conversation with all kind of stuff you might want to have saved, and then you have a falling out and you get kicked... You should be able to see the previous messages either to learn what you did wrong to end up like this, too be able to access the old info and also be able to report the pm to staff (which you can't do is you're kicked out).

Allegedly, one now banned member started pm conversations, wrote insults and kicked the other party out directly.

If it's a 2 way pm, kicking someone is effectively deleting something from another person's while keeping it yourself.

If it's a group pm, then of course the kickez party shouldn't be able to see the NEW stuff, but still have an archived version of the previous messages.

Now, how the pm system works behind the curtains, I have no idea. If it's a hassle to fix this issue, then I don't think it's a huge enough issue to warrant countless hours of fixing. Otherwise I think it's a good suggestion.

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
thank isak and shadow for show suport for muy sugest! most people dismis me imediate cause of my bad english and mispell :(

also @Dionicio3 how can u serios first tel me "this wont be fixed" but then like isaks post when he actualy agrees?
and people call me a shil...

D

Deleted User

thank isak and shadow for show suport for muy sugest! most people dismis me imediate cause of my bad english and mispell :(

also @Dionicio3 how can u serios first tel me "this wont be fixed" but then like isaks post when he actualy agrees?
and people call me a shil...
Mod or not, he's also a normal user here just with more power.

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
Mod or not, he's also a normal user here just with more power.
dont pretend like the dionico shil would not like his post if he wasnt mod. he completely contradict.
"this is a bad idea"

isak: "fair sugest shouldbe implement if easy"
*dionico likes*

like what

Reactions: dimmidice
D

Deleted User

dont pretend like the dionico shil would not like his post if he wasnt mod. he completely contradict.
"this is a bad idea"

isak: "fair sugest shouldbe implement if easy"
*dionico likes*

like what
Him liking a post and sharing his opinion doesn't mean anything.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Never knew that the pm system worked like this. I definitely think it should change especially with a marketplace in the forum.
This is very important. What if you bought something from someone and they kicked you out of the pm and never sent it. Wouldn't you like to go back and see the details before raising anything with the staff?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.