SeaSir Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Is this still working?

2. jakerman999

jakerman999 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    When I launch Pasta CFW loader it brings me to double black screens and freezes. Gave it 10 minutes, no response. Tried the exit app button combination (L+R+D-pad down+B) and the bottom screen flashes several different colours, settles on yellow, and finally the system freezes. MiniPasta dumps me back into the homebrewloader, not the home menu.

I'm using a N3DS that has been downgraded to 9.2.0-20U.

3. voldart

voldart Newbie
    Newcomer

Well, I just used this guide and the mentioned files to downgrade my 9.6 O3DS XL to 9.2, and then install rxtools. Only with some differences from the guide.
    -1st: I checked the downgrade files with SafeSysUpdater. After I checked them, I used SysUpdater instead. For some reason it seems to work more often.
    -2nd: Sometimes I just couldnt launch browserhax, or slide bar thing annoyed me, so i used Ninjhax with Cubic Ninja installed in a Sky3ds card. But it is not actually necessary. Also, menuhax_manager doesnt work with Ninjhax.
    -3rd: I couldnt launch Decrypt9WIP and Emunand9 from browser, so I launched them from Homebrew Launcher.
    -4th: Decrypt9WIP that is in the CFW Kit didnt have .3dsx file, so it didn't appear on the HBL. So I downloaded it from somewhere else and used it instead.
    Other than those, I followed the guide exactly and it worked.

Last edited by voldart, Mar 3, 2016
  4. deasil

deasil Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    im super new to this like few days new ,i followed this guide,,i have a n3dsxl,i managed to get menuhax installed with type 2 booting and reinand,but when i launch reinand it either freezes after splash or freezes before that any idea whats wrong? i got reinand from the officialgithub v3.3

5. Yamagushi

Yamagushi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nevermind.

Last edited by Yamagushi, Mar 5, 2016
  6. dark_samus3

dark_samus3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    NO NO NO NO BAD

use Decrypt9 to inject NEVER USE RXTOOLS, it can fragment your NAND which is a big nono... kthx

7. grandem

grandem GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    is there any good tutorial for downgrade when i want to keep my safes?

8. Sentenal

Sentenal Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, I'm unclear about two steps, and wanted to get some help on them before moving on. I have an old 3DS and its currently on 10.3.0-28U

So for this step, I take the updates folder the 9.2.0 folder I downloaded, along with all the things in the Downgrade Kit folder. So at this point, on my SD Card, i have a folder called updates, 3ds, PC_Apps, and boot.3dsx. Is this right?

I copied the dbs folder from the CFW Kit to the place indicated. I then put the SD Card back into the 3DS, went to Software to "repair" the files, but it said that it was corrupted and needed to reset them. So should I click Yes, and 'resetting' will 'repair'? Thanks for any help.

9. Bullseye

Bullseye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

@AidanLumina I followed your guide for downgrading my New 3ds on 9.8.0.-25E and i started safesysupdater, after it was checking stuff and things seems good it said Error, restart console. I restarted and console appeared black screen. I removed SD and put original one and it boots, but when trying to start settings it gets stuck in the loading screen. What do I do? Don't know what FW i'm on.

EDIT: After recovering from frankenFW i managed to downgrade to 9.2. Please, mention it somehwere in the guide till someone takes over. To avoid people from bricking their consoles.

Thanks forthe write up anyways.

Last edited by Bullseye, Mar 7, 2016
  10. AileenLumina

OP AileenLumina Python main, software engineer and API designer

Germany
    I'm not working on this guide anymore. If you want to take over this, just say so, please. :) This guide is only waiting for someone else to take care of it

11. PegasusOrgans

PegasusOrgans Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Have a new 3DS with 9.9 and I've been going thru the tut
    till I got to
    "2.1.1 Disable wireless connection, then scan this QR code

[​IMG]

by pressing [L]+[R] in the home menu and tapping on the QR code icon.

2.1.2 Select "OK" to launch the web browser.

2.1.3 Once the web browser is loaded, press [HOME].

2.1.4 Enable wireless connection.

2.2.1 Ensure that your internet connection is good, then open the web browser and let the page load. New 3DS users: The system will automatically take you to the Homebrew Launcher.
    "

WHENEVER I connect the internet, it tells me to update the firmware. Nowhere was this discussed or explained. Yes, I'm a "noob" but this was supposed to be the easy "noob-friendly" guide, so I got no clue. If I update to the current firmware, I'll be giving myself more problems and would like to avoid that. What exactly am I supposed to do to get this part working? Thank you for any help and I'm sorry for being frustrated.

12. PegasusOrgans

PegasusOrgans Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    THANK YOU!!! That's brilliant! :)

13. cots

cots Banned
    Banned

United States
    This guide provides a process which is deceitful based on the 'easy' title. Also, what type of comprehensive guide doesn't come with pictures to help end users through the provided process?

14. PegasusOrgans

PegasusOrgans Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    EXACT same issue here. I have no clue how I'm supposed to try 50-100 times when one use of safesysupdater does this. Can't get back into the homebrew loader... WTH. No clue what frankenFW is or how to use it to recover.

BTW, not new to opening consoles, i've done my 360, psp, ps2, ps1, xbox, wii... but usually things like this are covered in the guides, so I apologize for posting my ignorance here.

Last edited by PegasusOrgans, Mar 24, 2016
  15. lajd

lajd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Great guide. Was able to update my 4.1 o3ds to 9.2 but now I'm stuck on step 1.1 attempting to load decrypt9wip. i can get to the shortened url but when i click the link displayed nothing happens. tried renaming to launcher.dat, same result. (contents of the extracthereif_o3ds zip have been extracted to the sd). a nudge to the right direction would be totally appreciated. thanks!

16. traneupcqk

traneupcqk Member
    Newcomer

I have successfully downgraded my Japan N3ds LL from 9.9 to 9.1
    Now I first wanted to create emuNand. But when i ran EmuNand9 in homebrew menu it actually opened the app. And then i got blackscreen, the app quit at once and returned to homebrew menu.
    Did i miss something ?

17. cat9412

cat9412 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    so is this possible with 11.0.0-33? im sure its not but have to ask x.x

18. Hero-Link

Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    This is the most confusing guide i have ever seen.

Easy? oh my god, its a mess.... i appreciate the effort but really... someone without a single bit of knowledge would be completely lost here.

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  19. AileenLumina

OP AileenLumina Python main, software engineer and API designer

Germany
    I guess it was easy back then... whatever. Do realise that it is heavily outdated, though. Haven't worked on this since quite a while. Please use http://3ds.guide instead. :)

Hero-Link and AyanamiRei like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - comprehensive, complete, everyone