1. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Netherlands
    AyanamiRei likes this.
  2. shafty710

shafty710 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Great job on all of this.

Quick question: I already downgraded my O3DS down to 9.2.0 and I currently have menuhax installed. Which step should I start on?

3. AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

France
    If I were you, I would another guide, who is currently more readable, simply use the titles in the start to figure out where you are. ^^
    [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS) | GBAtemp.net -> The Independent Video Game Community: 3DS, Gateway 3DS, NDS and R4, Wii, PSP, PS4, Xbox One and all the gaming universe

Last edited by AyanamiRei, Feb 5, 2016
  4. Demori

Demori Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay, excuse the fact that this is my first post, but I am blonde and I want to make sure I have all the required reading before doing this. It says a few pages back that rxTools doesn't work on the new ones, so I have to use ReiNand, which steps do I use for that, the guide I have pulled up for it isn't very clear. :/ And how does that correspond with the steps of this guide?

5. AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

France
    On n3DS 9.2: rxTools "fails to load NATIVE_FIRM: 5". I had to place the 2015-11-19 version to initiate the installation.
    Also, your rxTools directory has no language file, without at least one settings can't be read.

6. russel814

russel814 Newbie
    Newcomer

Hello Noob here, first I want to thank you for the very easy guide of downgrading and putting cfw on my N3DS XL, It works well on my console.

I have a question I'm using rxtools and my fw version is 9.2 how to I upgrade my emunand version thanks do I just update it through system settings on emunand? Thanks

7. AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

France
    Exactly. Be aware rxTools is not compatible with the firmware of the new3DS 10.5 update (it can only go up to 10.3). ReiNAND is compatible, I read on several topics. BUT I updated last night and the CFW refuses to boot the emuNAND partition since then. I suppose I need the right firmware file, searching right now.

8. Shadow_man7

Shadow_man7 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Thanks guys for your help. I wouldn't make it without you. Running ReiNand without problem. :D I want to ask one thing what to do to update to newest safe (stable) ReiNand software?

9. Demori

Demori Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Stuck on this with my spare 2ds:

"0.2a.3 In the rxTools menu, go to the right until you see ADVANCED OPTIONS on the bottom screen, press (A), select INSTALL FBI and select sysNAND by pressing (X). Press (B), take note of what it says on screen, then repeat this but this time press (Y) after selecting sysNAND again.
    We are going to inject an unofficial app installer into the Health&Safety app but in order to do so, we need to gather some information about it."

I had to do the other RXtools thing, there is no advanced options, the bottom screen is just white. Did I botch something up?

10. russel814

russel814 Newbie
    Newcomer

Thanks, So should I just use sysupdater and download the neccesarry fw files to update my emunand fw to 10.3?

11. AileenLumina

OP AileenLumina Python main, software engineer and API designer

Germany
    You have an old version.
    Yes.
    I wasn't sure if FBI is too big or not, thanks for the info! :)

12. goldenretriever

Newcomer

Is there a way to return the device back to the state it was in before following this guide? I followed as best as I could, used the secondary advice when things didn't work to a point where I'm lost as to what needs to be done.

13. goldenretriever

Newcomer

My 2DS is at firmware 9.2 and it boots to homebrew launcher but I'm lost, but I'm trying to go back to the beginning as this is where things started to go wrong. My H&S icon keeps disappearing and the homebrew and FBI icons disappear too because the system says they're broken when you try to launch and the icon is removed. I want to follow the guide from the beginning and make sure I'm on the right track.

This didn't work for me as I couldn't get to this menu in the first place so I went to the secondary /loadoldrx first time I went through the guide.

Trying it again it seems to mostly only work after turning the system on for me. Other times it fails to load properly and says "The emunand was not found on your SDcard"

Now I can get to the advanced options. When I select Install FBI, my options do not match that of the guide.
    IMG_0029.png IMG_0030.png

14. russel814

russel814 Newbie
    Newcomer

Whew!, After hours of research and testing I was able to upgrade my Rxtool to 3.0 which afaik is compatible with the latest fw 10.5, followed different guides to get the new rxtool to work. Thanks Aidan for this guide and for introducing me to the world of cfw :D

Last edited by russel814, Feb 17, 2016
  15. voldart

voldart Newbie
    Newcomer

0.2b.17 So far so good! You will need to repeat this process until SafeSysUpdater loads correctly. Turn on your 3DS and hold [L] to enter the Homebrew Launcher. Launch ftbrony and exit it by pressing (B). Launch SafeSysUpdater, then select Downgrade by pressing (Y), and after you did that, DO NOTHING ANYMORE. Be patient. If it succeeds, congratulations, you are on 9.2.0 now! [​IMG]
    It does take a lot of tries until you will have success. Some people needed 50-100 tries, so be patient. It is pretty likely that it will work after the 10th try at max.

So I am at this part. I dont know how many time I tried, maybe 100 maybe more. But it just doesnt work. Only a little red line show up at the lower left of the top screen and thats it. Browserhax didnt work for me so I used Ninjhax. Is that the cause of the problem? Should I keep trying or use a different method?

16. AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

France
    That is the little problem. I already did it on four consoles, my own first 2DS went through more than 200 tries (I stopped counting). It was so annoying I did sessions with several pauses during the 48hours it took me. When you will finally see the program screen, you will be so relieved.
    If you already checked your update cia files with safesysupdater (it is an option), use sysupdater. It seemed to have a little better working ratio.

Last edited by AyanamiRei, Feb 18, 2016
  17. voldart

voldart Newbie
    Newcomer

Yes I checked the files 5 times and everytime I used ftbrony. Then I will keep trying as long as I am not doing the wrong thing.

18. AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

France
    At the end, I was not even relying on ftbrony anymore. (I had the Wifi activated in case I would need to make a clean update to repair a soft brick).
    So, my way: turn on the console, menuhax leads to the HBL, launch sysupdater. ... Freeze. Turn off, turn on, etc

19. voldart

voldart Newbie
    Newcomer

So I finally achieved to start the downgrade process after about 150 tries, but after a while a message appeared on the screen saying "an error occured, press the power button" etc. and now my 3ds is not even opening :( What did I do wrong? I did all the steps like it is written. Is it bricked or someting

btw it is a ntscu n3ds at firmware 9.9

20. AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

France
    Is it safe to downgrade a 9.9 console? I thought only the 10.3 system had a chance.

If you soft bricked your console, there should be a last chance to get it back: start it in recovery mode, and update it normally (sadly, you will get the latest system version available). Again, I am almost certain it was unwise to try to downgrade with some versions.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - comprehensive, complete, everyone