Hacking DLC, Eshop games, & VC on SysNAND without RedNAND?

mileyrock2

bara lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just saw this thread on that iso site. Is it really possible?
EDIT: Yes, it's possible!

"Thanks to some users on GBATemp, they've discovered that you can actually run IOSU on SysNAND and install DLC, Eshop, and VC just like you could in RedNAND, all without needing RedNAND. Wii VC works too! All it requires is for you to run CFWBooter and use FIX94's fw.img file. You can enjoy all the benefits of RedNAND right on SysNAND, great for those who don't have a big enough SD card for RedNAND. Just note that this is only useful for as long as there isn't a new system update. So you'd best keep blocking updates. As of now, Tubehax is down 11-9-16. So use

Chncdcksn-DNS:
Primary: 104.236.072.203
Secondary: 104.236.072.203

You can either disable this DNS to download game updates, or use NNUPatcher. Or you can download game updates with something like WiiU USB Helper and install it with WUP Installer. Just be sure to re-enable it when you're done with game updates. You never know when Nintendo will surprise us with an update.

Downloads:
-FIX94 fw.img
-Homebrew launcher
-Wup Installer

Instructions:

1) Extract the files from the zip onto your SD card, replace if any exists
2) Put the SD into the WiiU, launch the browser and go to loadiine.ovh to launch Homebrew Launcher
3) Choose CFWBooter and it'll bring you to a red menu. Wait for it to finish and it'll boot you back to the home menu, but with IOSU patches

From here you can install DLC, Eshop games, and VC games using WUP Installer as usual. By loading Homebrew Launcher and choosing WUPInstaller Y Mod.

You need to launch CFWBooter each time you turn on your Wii U to renable IOSU patches before you can use DLC, Eshop games, VC, or Wii VC.
Also, DLC must be installed to USB. Therefore, the game must be installed to USB. Else the DLC will disappear on next boot.

Once we get coldbooting possibilities via chihax, we'll be able to easily boot up CFWBooter and get instant access to patched SysNAND every time.

• You need to launch CFWBooter each time you turn on your Wii U to renable IOSU patches before you can use DLC, Eshop games, VC, or Wii VC.
  • Once we get coldbooting possibilities via chihax, we'll be able to easily boot up CFWBooter and get instant access to patched SysNAND every time.
  • It's completely safe for as long as you're only installing games, DLC, updates, etc. Just don't try installing system titles, stick to the usual stuff!
  • Don't try to install SysConfigTool, nobody reported anything about it so avoid it
  • Region free still doesn't work, but I heard that you can edit a game's xml file. I have no tutorials on that and don't know how it works yet."
Credits: someone on that iso site
will demok's fork work instead?

Lankbald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone know how to get Zelda Skyward Sword from NUS ?
I don't see this game but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is available (Wii VC too) :wtf:

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This worked great. I cant wait until we finally get an autoboot into sigpatched sysnand, or atleast homebrew menu on boot. That would be so great, not have to use a browser to get in.

supermario18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Once I install something like Wii U VC or eshop games using this, do I still need to boot the fw.img if I want to launch those titles? If so, what would happen if I tried launching those titles without cfw booter?

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Once I install something like Wii U VC or eshop games using this, do I still need to boot the fw.img if I want to launch those titles? If so, what would happen if I tried launching those titles without cfw booter?
I think the point of doing this is that these are eshop-bought titles, so you will launch them normally, with out having to do anything before that. ideally you would launch these to either enter the Home Brew Launcher, or to automatically launch the fw.bin file, with out having to need online access.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to run the firmware.bin if you want to use an installed vc title with this method. If you try to launch one before that it will give you an error about how the NNID it was purchased with was deleted. You only need to boot fw.bin each time you power it on, so as long as you don't power off you can use everything like normal.

Reactions: supermario18

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how to get Zelda Skyward Sword from NUS ?
I don't see this game but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is available (Wii VC too) :wtf:

You can get it but there is no title key as far as i'm aware. I grabbed metroid other m a couple weeks back but ran into the same problem with no title key.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So how would I extract a title key out of a ticket file?? Over on that iso site someone posted a ticket file for Wii Sports Club EUR DLC, but if I open that ticket in uTikDownloadHelper it doesn't work. Therefore I think the ticket is bad, but perhaps the title key inside is correct and I could download it with funkiiU.
So, where do I have to look for the title key inside the tik??

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
So how would I extract a title key out of a ticket file?? Over on that iso site someone posted a ticket file for Wii Sports Club EUR DLC, but if I open that ticket in uTikDownloadHelper it doesn't work. Therefore I think the ticket is bad, but perhaps the title key inside is correct and I could download it with funkiiU.
So, where do I have to look for the title key inside the tik??
16 bytes from 0x1bf

PrimusZa1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO I tried this with DLC for SSB and Hyrule Warriors and it works as it said it would. But when I tried it with Fatal Frame 5 full game which I dl'd with FunKiiU it still shows up as a trial mode even though i installed it on the CFW side and run it with the CFW running. any ideas?

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can get it but there is no title key as far as i'm aware. I grabbed metroid other m a couple weeks back but ran into the same problem with no title key.
Do you know if there's a public way to dump the title key from a physical disc? I own SS and could add it to the key list.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there are some vWii titles available? And it works the same way as common eShop titles?
Yeah some of them and their id/keys are on that ticket site. From what I remember Mario Galaxy was there and so are Metroid Trilogy and Xenoblade(eur only for these two so folks will have to edit the meta.xml in wupserver to play). Well at least Xenoblade has Gamepad support!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!