3.2E Pal Wiii with Wiikey 1.9g...

2.4x Verbatim Dvd+R DL...

Followed instructions in NTSC - PAL thread and no DRE for me
smile.gif

I don't have a pal system

Posts merged

QUOTE(antivirus6613 @ Mar 14 2008, 01:55 PM) Here is officemax dvd+r DL @ 2.4x

With nero cd dvd scan.

These? [url=http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku....ng=dual%20layer]http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku....ng=dual%20layer[/url]

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
Has every single PAL user who has got it to work here used the trucha guide in the other thread?

Is it neccesary for a PAL user to follow the guide, or can you otherwise just skip the guide and burn it with proper media?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
LesMcQueen said:
I does seem strange doesn't it, but the truth is, the cheapy 50p AOnes work on my Wii and the £1.50 Verbs. don't. All videos play without skipping.

From the reviews of these disks I can find online, it seems that Pioneers love them. Maybe I wouldn't have had the same success burning it on a Sony or a LiteON......

I'll be using my leftover Verb. DLs for movies and Data, and I'll be keeping my AOnes somewhere safe ready for when Ninty put out Mario Kart Wii and Pikmin 3 on DL as well,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

how do they fare in a BenQ 1670 drive? that's what i have, i think i will buy a pack of these next time.

bodean

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fixed my green screen error:

For All who have "green text" error before menu screen.
Go to Wii options and turn off (or on) Burn-In reduction.
It works! I wasted 3 days (or more) to go into menu screen"

pottageb

Trophies
XP
Country

LesMcQueen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
LesMcQueen said:
I does seem strange doesn't it, but the truth is, the cheapy 50p AOnes work on my Wii and the £1.50 Verbs. don't. All videos play without skipping.

From the reviews of these disks I can find online, it seems that Pioneers love them. Maybe I wouldn't have had the same success burning it on a Sony or a LiteON......

I'll be using my leftover Verb. DLs for movies and Data, and I'll be keeping my AOnes somewhere safe ready for when Ninty put out Mario Kart Wii and Pikmin 3 on DL as well,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

how do they fare in a BenQ 1670 drive? that's what i have, i think i will buy a pack of these next time.

Give them a try! Got them for £3.95 for 10 at SVP. I just burned one at 6x and it skips to buggery.
wtf.gif
Stick to 2.4x

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
LesMcQueen said:
I does seem
Give them a try! Got them for £3.95 for 10 at SVP. I just burned one at 6x and it skips to buggery.
wtf.gif
Stick to 2.4x

yeah that's where i am going to buy from, i usually burn at 6x i will have to burn them at 2.4x speed then (it says on the website that they support up to 8x speed?)

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain how I would burn SSBB on Nero 6 Ultra edition, because I go to "recorder," then "burn Image" (like i usually do with any other game...) select SSBB, switch compilation to "DVD" and then click "burn"

Then, I get an error that says "Compilation will not fit onto a blank disk"

I'm using a Verbatum DVD DL+R (2.4x)

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrodude150 said:
Can someone explain how I would burn SSBB on Nero 6 Ultra edition, because I go to "recorder," then "burn Image" (like i usually do with any other game...) select SSBB, switch compilation to "DVD" and then click "burn"

Then, I get an error that says "Compilation will not fit onto a blank disk"

I'm using a Verbatum DVD DL+R (2.4x)
Don't use Nero for this burn. I use it to burn all my other games and they work 100%. But when i tried to burn brawl on a DL disc with Nero and inserted the disc into the Wii it gave me the 001 Error. But with ImgBurn it runs fine
smile.gif

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what i've read, most users are having success with memorex dvd+R dl discs while using the layer break

that's what i'm gonna try

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
I can now confirm, after both trying the PAL guide and burning the ISO unmodified with manual AND automatic layer break, that the MediaRange DVD+R DL disc will NOT work with Smash. It can (sometimes) regonise the disc but it locks up on load.

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
I got some questions about burning ssbb it into a DL discs, what program should I use (free Img softwares) and such...

I've read in the previous posts that the TDK and verbatim (+DL) is a perfect combination to burn ssbb (and this is the only available DL's here in our country... afaik) and that nero's img-burn isn't suggested for DL's... (well for Wii DL iso at least)

now my questions are..

1) what are some good burning software that can burn Dual Layer iso's (for brawl and for future DL iso's)?
2) I bought a retail copy of brawl and I would like to make a backup copy DVD-to-DVD is this possible to work?
3) is it possible to make a backup copy from a single DVD burner drive? (this is concerning on my 2nd question)

my DL-DVD writer is an LG GSA-H44N (super multi-dvd rewriter)

stuckfugu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have these verbatim discs:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...mp;catid=25891#

and I get a disc read error half the time and the other half a white screen. I think I got the beginning sequence to start once..but it didn't even give me time to skip it.

I burnt at 2.4x speed using Imgburn, and some LayerBreak at 2084960

any help please? I really don't want to use waste another disc, so if anyone had success with these verbatims, please tell me your settings?

woytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stuckfugu said:

and I get a disc read error half the time and the other half a white screen. I think I got the beginning sequence to start once..but it didn't even give me time to skip it.

any help please? I really don't want to use waste another disc, so if anyone had success with these verbatims, please tell me your settings?

Are those Verbatims made in India?

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used:

Verbatim DL+R India Brand. (Sadly.)
I bought them off Amazon, hence why they probably sent me the India ones as I couldn't exactly complain and send them back.

Being foolish and desperate, I used them, hoping to get a 100% working copy.
Guess what? A few work... Not greatly... but they work!

My Wii hates these discs, the discs don't load any cut-scenes properly, besides one that loaded the intro movie. I DON'T UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RECOMMEND VERBATIM ANY LONG DUE TO THE INDIA BRAND, MAKE SURE THEIR FROM SIGNAPORE!!!

stuckfugu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
woytek said:
stuckfugu said:

Are those Verbatims made in India?

well I can't check until thursday, but if they are I'm guessing that's bad.

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the ones made in Singapore and they didn't work either.

I just tried a Memorex DVD+R DL (Ricoh do-o1)

same problem. I just think some wiis can't read dual layer discs. i have more faith in verbatim and ritek than wii lasers

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A semi-expensive test I conducted yielded the following:

Verbatim DVD+R DL burned at 2.4x using IMGBurn and get Read errors about 50-60% of the time.

Verbatim DVD+R DL burned at 8X using Nero Express 8 and so far since I burned it 5 days ago, not ONE problem.

I had to buy a new burner because my HP burner stopped working on DL images. I have purchased a Pioneer one at Best Buy for $64.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1