Gaming DL DVDs to use in order to burn brawl

Kassius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ABOUT THE FUJIFILM DL DISCS:

They work fine, just make sure when you burn them with imgburn, burn them at 4x speeds. I tried twice with 2.4x and the videos glitched out and disc read error, tried again with 4x and worked perfectly. owned

Posts merged

ABOUT THE FUJIFILM DL DISCS:

They work fine, just make sure when you burn them with imgburn, burn them at 4x speeds. I tried twice with 2.4x and the videos glitched out and disc read error, tried again with 4x and worked perfectly. owned

jaay5389

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried those exact steps on page 1 with Memorex DVD+R DL at 2.4x speed. didnt work. it doesnt show up in my wii main menu. tried it on default settings, got brawl to run and got error on loadscreen....

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
using verb +R DL i get random 'disc error' and freezes in SSE. burned another 2 copies on Fuji +R DL. NO PROBLEMS. i swaer by verbatim but for DL i'm suggesting Fujifilm 2.4x in imgburn (yes i know they are Ritek dye)

dragonmagician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Memorex DVD+R DL 8x disc I picked up works really well. I followed the instructions from richieroro on page1 (except for the booktype, didn't know how to do that).

Things I tried so far (and everything works):
1. Opening moving plays entirely
2. Single player (tried a few characters)
3. Multi player (using wii-mote and gamecube controller)
4. Subspace Emissary (finished the first mission)

Overall I'm happy with buying 15Memorex DL for $20. There was a better deal online, but I didn't want to wait for delivery.

Now I'm not sure what to do with my actual copy of SSBB. One of the few games I brought and it doesn't work.

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to burn the Fujis @ 4x but it only goes up to 2.4x when burning
frown.gif

evilboi77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Memorex dL (Ridata) works perfectly. I have tried SSBB JPN and SSBB US, for some reason, it always fail when i put in the disc in for the first time, now the disc works perfectly. This occurred for both version.

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WTF, anyone used Aones?? theyre the cheapest DL disks and i thought a few people would have used them now

i dont want to waste my verbs which i use for my 360 so thats why im asking

yus

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasted 5 discs so far. Burning on 2.4x Fujis made in Taiwan and confirmed to work on a BenQ EW1621 model using imgburn at 2.4x. all of them load up and then after loading with brawl logo in the corner a white screen appears and says "error reading disc. please consult blah blah blah" help please~!

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smack said:
ArvinaLove, how about trying burning them at a lower speed. I did mine at 1x in ImgBurn.
Thanks. And just out of curiousity did you use the manual layer break? And how long did your burn take? Thanks.

EDIT: Just put in 1x on ImgBurn and started burning and my write rate always goes up to 2.4x... whats the deal?

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It should take about 50 mins at 1x. don't touch your computer while it burns, this may give you a bad write.

I am not sure why it is going back up to 2.4x, anyways I am heading out for a few hours good luck!

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AWW MAN X_X i wasted 5 or 6 DL DVDs by now (lost count). AND WHATEVER SPEED I TRY IT ALWAYS GOES BACK UP TO 2.4x!!! plz help!

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
richieroro said:
1) Open DVD burner drive.
2) Insert blank DVD+R DL.
3) Close DVD burner drive.
4) Open .ISO file with ImgBurn 2.4.0.0
5) Click on the "Change Booktype" in the bottom right.
6) Click on the appropriate tab and change DVD+R DL media to "DVD-ROM"... and you might as well do it for DVD+R and DVD+RW too while you're here.
(Note: Your burner might not be able to support this. That doesn't mean it won't work. This step is just to increase media compatibilty.)
7) Click OK.
8) Go to Tools > Settings > Write. Set layer break to "User specified" and type in 2084960.
9) Change write speed to 2.4x.
10) Click on the big button in the bottom left to start burning.
11) Don't use your computer while it's burning!
12) Wait.
13) Eject newly burned disc.
14) Insert into Wii (which should already be updated to 3.2 firmware, and 1.9g firmware for the WiiKey at this point).
15) Let the Wii update from the SSBB disc.
16) Play game after it reboots!

If it still doesn't work, then it's either crappy media, crappy burner, or both. Or maybe a lame Wii laser.
HTH

Thanks richieroro, i did exactly what you said and so far its working great, with the following components.

Sony DRU-820A
Verbatim DVD+R DL, burned @ 2.4x

One thing I noticed is the game did not ask me to update the firmware to 3.2, so i checked and im still currently running 3.1U.

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Burnt 2 time (needed 2 copy don't ask...)

1 Verbatim Made in Singapour from a 3 disc pack
Burnt at 2.4x with good LB
Works great, got 1 or 2 green screen... but ejecting and reinserting the disc works perfectly

1 Memorex made in Taiwan from a 25 disc bundle. Can't remember the disc-id but they are reported to be "Good-OK" on some forum
Burnt at 4x with good LB
Works great... got 1 green screen (this disc was only used 10 min... the Verb was used during 3 hours). Seem to seek a bit more on the disc (tested in the sticker book) but load time are kinda the same.

Hope it help

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a Memorex 2.4x DVD+R DL and a Wiikey at 1.9g

I burned at 2.4x the first time, it read the disk but once i loaded the game I got the 001 error. I had used Nero to burn this disc

The second time I burned at 1x. I used Imgburn with a corresponding .dvd file which sets all the appropriate parameters to burn the disc. The game plays fine, I went through a few single player stages, and noticed no slowdowns or video problems (load times are kinda long though
tongue.gif
) You should be able to find the .dvd file on the interweb.

tjvdberg

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Working Setup

europe launch Wii Pal, latest firmware
wiikey 1.9g
update remover
regionfrii
error 001 remover
videomode NTSC to PAL (don't know if this made any difference)
layerbrake in imageburn

dvd-writer: TSSTcorp SH-S203n (relatively new)

Nashua dvd+r dl 4x @4, mediacode: RICOHJPN D01 67 (loads alright, but a bit expensive)

Didn't work:
2x old "cheap" mediatech dvd+r dl 2.4x @2,4 (they suck at everything) They both gave a white screen before the intro

I played for about 2,5 hours and tried different modes and options, movies didn't stutter, loading times seemed normal.

munisemaya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working Setup

machine: 3.2E,PAL, with wiikey 1.9g

iso: wii brick blocker 1.3R2, region frii 1.21

dvd-writer: external LG GSA-E10A

media: TDK DVD+R 8x DL and Magic DVD+R 2,4 x DL (cheapest I found)

I just burned it at 4x for TDK, 2.4x for Magic. No layer breaks. both worked. (Initially I had unplug after 10% trick with a dvd5 though).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...