Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kirbyman123 said:
Did anyone use Toast. Because toast can burn dual layer discs
09_dual_layer_media_gary.jpg
I even got evidence!

I've used toast to burn 1 of my games and it worked, but I haven't tried it with SSBB. You should try tho, why wouldn't it work.

richieroro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Salamantis said:
kirbyman123 said:
Did anyone use Toast. Because toast can burn dual layer discs
09_dual_layer_media_gary.jpg
I even got evidence!

I've used toast to burn 1 of my games and it worked, but I haven't tried it with SSBB. You should try tho, why wouldn't it work.
Or why not just use ImgBurn since it's freeware and proven to work.

antivirus6613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Office depot media does work but you get read errors during the intro vid. I played through the adventure mode without problems after skipping the intro however.

I ordered verbatim 10 pack for $12 from officemax.com using coupon code ERASER. Shipping is 7.95 unless you order more than $50. I ordered 5 packs. They are singapore and 6x even though they say 2.4x.

If your VERBATIM DVD+R DL are made in India and say 8x or 6x they are crap. Only singapore ones are the good kind with 6x.

bodean

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x
I burned with IMGBURN, using a .dvd file
Managed to play one game ok, when I tried to play later in the day, got the green screen saying can't read disc. I have a 3.2U firmware on my USA wii, with latest wiikey beta (1.9g).

I've tried 5 times to play, and each time now i get the green screen. Considering reburning, but don't want to waste another dvd.
Any suggestion

LesMcQueen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bodean said:
I used Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x
I burned with IMGBURN, using a .dvd file
Managed to play one game ok, when I tried to play later in the day, got the green screen saying can't read disc. I have a 3.2U firmware on my USA wii, with latest wiikey beta (1.9g).

I've tried 5 times to play, and each time now i get the green screen. Considering reburning, but don't want to waste another dvd.
Any suggestion

I had same thing. Using good quaility Singapore verb. DVD+R DLs. Game would boot and run but I'd get the 'can't read disc' messages.

I bought some cheap and nasty AOne DLs for about 50p each, reburned it and it plays fine. Played for a couple of hours last night without a single green screen or stutter.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
LesMcQueen said:
I had same thing. Using good quaility Singapore verb. DVD+R DLs. Game would boot and run but I'd get the 'can't read disc' messages.

I bought some cheap and nasty AOne DLs for about 50p each, reburned it and it plays fine. Played for a couple of hours last night without a single green screen or stutter.

is that so huh? i read about AOne media and they seem pretty poor, not sure if i should get them, can you test to see if the second layer is fine? go to the movies section in the game and play one or 2, if it plays then the 2nd layer is fine, if not then the second layer cannot be read, also can you complete classic mode aswell?

cerveaupro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
antivirus6613 said:
If your VERBATIM DVD+R DL are made in India and say 8x or 6x they are crap. Only singapore ones are the good kind with 6x.
Like the first posts on this topic, I just tried the Verbatim 2.4x up to 6x made in Singapore and I keep getting errors in videos as if the bandwith was not enough stable.

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
I use MediaRange DVD+R DL 8.5GB discs, and my game won't work (see my newly made topic for details)

Are they poor? =/

LesMcQueen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
is that so huh? i read about AOne media and they seem pretty poor, not sure if i should get them, can you test to see if the second layer is fine? go to the movies section in the game and play one or 2, if it plays then the 2nd layer is fine, if not then the second layer cannot be read, also can you complete classic mode aswell?

I does seem strange doesn't it, but the truth is, the cheapy 50p AOnes work on my Wii and the £1.50 Verbs. don't. All videos play without skipping.

From the reviews of these disks I can find online, it seems that Pioneers love them. Maybe I wouldn't have had the same success burning it on a Sony or a LiteON......

I'll be using my leftover Verb. DLs for movies and Data, and I'll be keeping my AOnes somewhere safe ready for when Ninty put out Mario Kart Wii and Pikmin 3 on DL as well,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those singapore verbatims aren't working so well for me

are all memorex riteks? i though memorex were the worst and verbatim were the best

how confusing

EDIT: A lot of you are saying you switched to Memorex and it worked 'fine'. Could you give some details, please? Can you watch the opening movie without any skipping or read disc errors? can you watch the movies in the vault without skipping or disc read errors?

With the verbatims, if i skip the movies, the gameplay runs fine, but that makes burning it on a dvd9 pointless...

pottageb

Trophies
XP
Country
3.2E Pal Wiii with Wiikey 1.9g...

2.4x Verbatim Dvd+R DL...

Followed instructions in NTSC - PAL thread and no DRE for me
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users