Hacking DIY amiibo cards

D

Deleted User

Well, you know that the Amiiwrite app is opensource - the amiibo read/write API is already wrote, you just need to make it save the BIN files and let us write them

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you know that the Amiiwrite app is opensource - the amiibo read/write API is already wrote, you just need to make it save the BIN files and let us write them
Well for the Arduino it would probably be a bit more complicated than that. Assuming I don't use any sort of NFC chipset, I would have to do all the commands and timings myself. For example the WRITE command starts with the command 0xA2, the one byte value for the page address, the two byte CRC, and the 4 bytes of data that belong in that page. Then the NFC chip should respond with Acknowledge (ACK) or No Acknowledge (NAK).

D

Deleted User

No, we couldn't write it because there was no way to do so because AmiiWrite stores the BIN files inside a database inside /data/ which is only accessible to root users. We need someone to use the AmiiboWrite functions and design an app that takes BIN files.

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, we couldn't write it because there was no way to do so because AmiiWrite stores the BIN files inside a database inside /data/ which is only accessible to root users. We need someone to use the AmiiboWrite functions and design an app that takes BIN files.
Well if that's really all that's needed then I'll just fork it, change it to save in the SD card and package an apk up. I'll have to wait until I'm at home though.

Reactions: fiveighteen

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if root access is the only wall, that's not very hard...

Reactions: fiveighteen

nurofen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Actually, this was not my stopping point, my phone is rooted, so I can copy the SQLlite DB to my PC, then add a few more rows to it. Not exactly sure if I will use Perl DBI or something, I have not done anything yet as I am still waiting for my tags. Then I would simply copy the DB back to the phone.

***Ninja'd****

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute, are we even sure this app is going to do what we need? How do we know it will write the full contents of the memory and not just the amiibo stored data?

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys... I am making 1 card *printable* for each amiibo following the same AR-Card format. Ill share when I am done :) .. I cant code or help with this project but nice amiibo printable ar-cards are always nice to have specially to stick those NFC Tags on the back.

--EDIT--

Here are 3 examples that I have completed so far (84 to go). Let me know what you think.
Toon%20Link_00000_zpswtflde22.png

Luigi_00000_zps5n1kbkjy.png

Mario_00000_zpso4zogvr6.png

Last edited by Pecrow,

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, AmiiWrite isn't going to do what you need, but it is totally possible with android (I made an app to do it), so there is no reason to do anything super complicated (buying a nice PN533 NFC target for your computer isn't insane though). However, writing isn't going to help anybody as there is a piece of the encryption / signing process that we are missing. Until somebody reveals whatever part of the process we don't know, nobody will be able to get this to work.

Also, why is everybody getting confused by standard NFC UID stuff? This isn't a secret or anything, it is plainly explained in the spec.

Last edited by Supercool330,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys... I am making 1 card *printable* for each amiibo following the same AR-Card format. Ill share when I am done :) .. I cant code or help with this project but nice amiibo printable ar-cards are always nice to have specially to stick those NFC Tags on the back.

--EDIT--

Here are 3 examples that I have completed so far (84 to go). Let me know what you think.
Toon%20Link_00000_zpswtflde22.png

Luigi_00000_zps5n1kbkjy.png

Mario_00000_zpso4zogvr6.png
Nice! These would go well with those card-form NFC tags linked a few pages back :)

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, I've been testing with some NTAG215 cards I got on amazon. I sort of want to get a card printer, but they are actually really expensive (like $800).

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I finished all 87 Amiibo cards (Covering every single amiibo release upto date excluding Animal Crossing cards) + an extra surprise for the REAL fans !! ( Spoiler below on the surprise )

It's KIPACHU !!!!!!!!
* For those who dont know kipachu http://9gag.com/gag/aDmmYV9/somebody-wanted-a-drawing-of-the-kipachu-here-you-go-d *
Kipachu_00000_zpsswdarqp0.png

@_Tim_ OP If you would like to add this to the main post as an extra bonus I'm all for it. I put a lot of hours to get these ready. Hope everyone enjoys !!!!

I didn't know there was a file size limit on the attachments so I uploaded it to my OneDrive -25MB- : http://1drv.ms/1mSOlmS (Let me know if link goes bad)

Each Amiibo ARCARD has its own code. Kept the same codes to match the original ARCARDS and all other codes go in order in which they were released (As displayed by http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up Except for Yoshi.. which I skipped accidentally so he got first one :( )

Last edited by Pecrow,

nurofen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, AmiiWrite isn't going to do what you need, but it is totally possible with android (I made an app to do it), so there is no reason to do anything super complicated (buying a nice PN533 NFC target for your computer isn't insane though). However, writing isn't going to help anybody as there is a piece of the encryption / signing process that we are missing. Until somebody reveals whatever part of the process we don't know, nobody will be able to get this to work.

Also, why is everybody getting confused by standard NFC UID stuff? This isn't a secret or anything, it is plainly explained in the spec.
Is there any chance you can share your app, just so we are ready when everything else is sorted?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey I finished all 87 Amiibo cards (Covering every single amiibo release upto date excluding Animal Crossing cards) + an extra surprise for the REAL fans !! ( Spoiler below on the surprise )

It's KIPACHU !!!!!!!!
* For those who dont know kipachu http://9gag.com/gag/aDmmYV9/somebody-wanted-a-drawing-of-the-kipachu-here-you-go-d *
Kipachu_00000_zpsswdarqp0.png

@_Tim_ OP If you would like to add this to the main post as an extra bonus I'm all for it. I put a lot of hours to get these ready. Hope everyone enjoys !!!!

I didn't know there was a file size limit on the attachments so I uploaded it to my OneDrive -25MB- : http://1drv.ms/1mSOlmS (Let me know if link goes bad)

Each Amiibo ARCARD has its own code. Kept the same codes to match the original ARCARDS and all other codes go in order in which they were released (As displayed by http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up Except for Yoshi.. which I skipped accidentally so he got first one :( )

Thanks for this, once I get my tags this will be really useful.

Reactions: Pecrow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__