Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Sn10jg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I discovered that the battle portraits and stock icons are saved in A8R8G8B8 format, which paint.net is capable of saving in. They inject perfectly fine, they just don't get extracted correctly, resulting in a file paint.net can't open. So I used an online tool to convert the extracted files into something I could open and then continued with my normal pipeline.
Ok then I assume you convert it back to .dds from png. I think there is a wiiu tool that does that.

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then I assume you convert it back to .dds from png. I think there is a wiiu tool that does that.

I use the online converter to make a png file out of the broken dds file I get out of the extraction tools. I then take the png into photoshop, edit it, save it, and bring it into paint.net, which I then save as an A8R8G8B8 dds file. That's the file that gets injected into the game. It's a roundabout method, but it works.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found how to replace the game Movies : I just replaced the Smash 4 opening by the Melee one.
Video :

The mod will be available on Modulous soon.

If anyone wants a tutorial, feel free to ask.

It's not really all that hard. Just stick a mp4 into your movie folder and name it correctly. It doesn't really take any more work.
I replaced the opening video with one of the victory ones so I can easily tell if SD Cafiine worked.

Last edited by Blazingflare,

ZettaSloww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I discovered that the battle portraits and stock icons are saved in A8R8G8B8 format, which paint.net is capable of saving in. They inject perfectly fine, they just don't get extracted correctly, resulting in a file paint.net can't open. So I used an online tool to convert the extracted files into something I could open and then continued with my normal pipeline.
And it was that simple lol props.

WideAngleShow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit data\param\ui\ui_character_db.bin.
Apparently value 13 on each character is their CSS slot, and DLC characters must have value 10 set to 1 to be moved from the end.
I need to use a hex editor, right? I'm using HxD and can't find any of the values you're talking about. Could you show me an example?

SETHsational

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to edit the ui_character_db.bin to add one more costume slot.

Extract that file from data(us_en)/param/ui/ui_character_db.bin and open it with Parameter.exe

Click an entry in the group. Name 6 holds the value which is a character ID.
In name 7 is the number of costume slots available. Everyone has 8 but Little Mac which has 16.

Locate the ID which corresponds to your desired character and change the value in name 7 to 9.
Save it and put it in Sm4shexplorer.
Build the mod and put it in the SD Card as any normal build.
i know this is from a while ago but would using a costume from c08 work online? What costume would the other person see?

TSSableye

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I finally made some voice IDSP files for a Jason Griffith Shadow voice mod. The thing is, how would I inject a VOICE IDSP back into a nus3bank? I've done the said tutorial (http://pastebin.com/SFPbRw9X) several times, with no results. Anyone know how to help?

Pib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you enter a match with multiple alts that use different sound banks, then only one alt's sound bank will load. I'm looking into getting multiple sound banks to load at the same time like Bowser Jr's.
would this, by any chance, be a problem similar to texture IDs conflicting? maybe the two nus3bank files have the same header or something?

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would this, by any chance, be a problem similar to texture IDs conflicting? maybe the two nus3bank files have the same header or something?
Possibly, but I don't think so. I have a strong feeling that there's a certain parameter that needs to be edited that will tell the game to allocate memory for more than one sound bank.

A Jewel of Rarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I made a very basic stage mod for pacland that turned out really really bad so bad I don't wanna show the final version. but here is one screenshot of it half done.
WVW69jMtcgMhmdW7vz

I was wondering if anyone knew how to change some files to help with editing stages.
First is the model.nud, I assume for this i just need 3DS max with the plugin but I can't get 3DS max so is their any way for blender to open them?
I also want to be able to view the .lvd file inside the params folder of a stage, I'm not sure exactly what it does but the drmario stage edit has that file and I assume it may help with modding the stage.
Lastly I want to be able to open the "Light_set_param.bin" in the render folder I assume this will let me change the lighting in some way.

If anyone knows how I can view these files could you please reply.

Reactions: Astril

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4