Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be offtopic but has anyone compared the model structures to that of pokken? Both are bandai so there may exist possible similar hacking methods.
Also i pmd mn1 but havent heard back. Owo.

Honestly i think jumping into pokken hacking may be rewarding...

Last edited by Don Jon,

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Marionumber1 Why you don't release the exploit on public?
You need more stabilities ont it?
You want to keep your works?
If you make a hax, it's not for the communauty?

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Marionumber1 Why you don't release the exploit on public?
You need more stabilities ont it?
You want to keep your works?
If you make a hax, it's not for the communauty?
He won't release it so it can have the most coverage and so more people can use it. If he releases it Nintendo will patch it within two versions.

nooby89

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He won't release it so it can have the most coverage and so more people can use it. If he releases it Nintendo will patch it within two versions.

Smealum and Yellow8 releasse all theirs exploits, and they patchs theme when a new update ison the way...

nooby89

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know, but an hacker search somme exploit, and they know new updates will be off soon.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be offtopic but has anyone compared the model structures to that of pokken? Both are bandai so there may exist possible similar hacking methods.
Also i pmd mn1 but havent heard back. Owo.

Honestly i think jumping into pokken hacking may be rewarding...
Yes, they both use the same-ish format from Namco, the only problem is we have to extract from memdumps for now because they did stupid encryption/scrambling stuff to all drp archives

jam1garner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DLC are in an append folder, character portraits are here iirc: saltysd\smash\ui\replace\append\chr\chr_13

They won't show up in your unpacked romfs I don't think, but you replace them there.

Last edited by jam1garner,

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, where are the Screen KO models located? Extracting Kirby's standard textures doesn't pull out his quarter-circle closed eye expression, plus the Screen KO can be seen loading a new model as it squishes Kirby's (and many other fighters) face into it.

Large Leader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@soneek @mariosonicds
when you gonna release the vertex injector?
seems like almoste everyone has acess to it already
pls release it to the rest of us aswell

Not "everyone" has the vertex injector. The most that people can do is dump the vertex positions.

Question, where are the Screen KO models located? Extracting Kirby's standard textures doesn't pull out his quarter-circle closed eye expression, plus the Screen KO can be seen loading a new model as it squishes Kirby's (and many other fighters) face into it.

Screen KO models are located with the model of the original character (like the case with pikachu). Kirby might use separate textures for the hurt eyes texture. It's definitely there.

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm...

I'm extracting Kirby's textures, yet the hurt expression doesn't come out. I only get Kirby's standard textures that are to be expected -- eyes, mouth, skin, blush, etc. so I'm not sure what's going on. Even in the already extracted model over at VGResource, the expression I'm looking for in particular isn't included... despite the fact that the model preview shows it.

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but where's da texture

idc about the model, I just want the hurt expression texture and it isn't extracting so idk what's going on ;(

Large Leader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... this is interesting.

From the TMR dl, he uses the texture called model.nut4. His eye is modelled to look like that semicircle but the UV uses a small strip of black that's in his eye.

Weird as hell, man.

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o.

Is it possible to extract that as a png/dds/whatever in the way it looks in-game as if it was a normal texture, or is it forever stuck as a weird thingy? If not, would I be able to send you textures that turns Kirby's entire body into one solid color, then you take a close-up screenshot of the eye so I can cut it out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153