1. xerpi

OP xerpi GBAtemp Regular

Changes since v1.3:
    • Add OLED/LCD on/off support when connecting/disconnecting the USB (two different builds depending on OLED or LCD).
    Changes since v1.2:
    • Fixed System app detection thanks to u3shit
    Changes since v1.1:
    • Fixed 480x272 support thanks to u/Kaizu_vita
    Changes since v1.0:
    • Added 896x504 and 480x272 video modes
    • Added 30FPS support
    • VitaShell's USB mode should work (starting at VitaShell 1.95) but a reboot will be needed after disabling USB in order to get this plugin working again
    If the video looks glitched, try to change the video player configuration to use the NV12 format or switch to another player (like PotPlayer, KMPlayer or OBS).
    If you use Windows 10 you might have to change the Camera access permissions on the Privacy Settings.
    On Linux I recommend using mpv (mpv tv:// --tv-device=/dev/videoX --tv-width=960 --tv-height=544) or mplayer (mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/videoX:width=960:height=544).

List of supported video modes:
    • 960x544 @ 30 FPS and (less than) 60 FPS
    • 896x504 @ 30 FPS and (almost) 60 FPS
    • 864x488 @ 30 FPS and 60 FPS
    • 480x272 @ 30 FPS and 60 FPS
    Download:
    Installation:
    1. Copy udcd_uvc.skprx to your PSVita
    2. Add udcd_uvc.skprx to taiHEN's config (ur0:/tai/config.txt or ux0:/tai/config.txt):
      Code:
      *KERNEL
      ur0:tai/udcd_uvc.skprx
    3. Reboot your PSVita.
    4. Open a video/cam player on your PC (such as the ones mentioned above).
    Audio noise fix:
    • Disable USB power supply (Settings > System)
    Source code:

Note: Remember that if anything goes wrong (like PSVita not booting) you can always press L at boot to skip plugin loading.

Note 2: No, it doesn't stream audio. For that use a 3.5mm jack to jack adapter (a ferrite bead might help reduce the electromagnetic noise). Disabling USB charging from Settings might also help reducing the noise.

Last edited by xerpi, Nov 3, 2019
  2. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Thanks, that´s a interesting one. Did you have some video to show?

3. xerpi

OP xerpi GBAtemp Regular

There are quite a few videos on Youtube such as

Lineacero, cvskid and MUDD_BR like this.
  4. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
  5. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Spain
    A bit of a bump, but since I don't have a reddit account I want to say it here

Using 1.1 works perfectly, but I found some bugs:

-Acessing the Camera and Gallery app freezes the display until you exit it

-LittleBigPlanet PSVita edition gives me an error when searches for Wifi networks and kicks me back to livearea

6. scott0bloke

scott0bloke GBAtemp Regular

Does any one reckon this could support streaming to raspberry pie 3b using another application other than obs that works for the raspberry pi b3?

I’m waiting for my pie to come so I can try to make a pstv and remove the laptop middle man

7. xerpi

OP xerpi GBAtemp Regular

I recommend mplayer on Linux (there's also VLC, mpv, etc).

Lineacero and cvskid like this.
  8. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    Works but the audio is crackling/beeing very much. Which sucks :(
    Video performance really good! Great work!!!

9. xerpi

OP xerpi GBAtemp Regular

Disable USB power supply (Settings > System) to fix the audio noise.

Lineacero and cvskid like this.
  10. easyonme

easyonme Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @xerpi

First of I wanted to say that everything you do is amazing work!! I read on reddit, where I'm a mere lurker, that this plugin is supposed to work on Android devices as well, as long as the app one uses supports UVC. I've tried, since around release 0.4 of the plugin, down to the most current version, probably over 20 different android apps that claim to support UVC, but I have yet to find one that actually displays anything (while they all work fine when plugging an actual external USB Webcam). A good number of them will detect the connection, pull identifiers like Name and Resolution, but none will actually output an image. I was wondering if you could point me to an Android app that you know it will work (I saw you mentioned VLC when asked about Android on reddit, but for me at least, VLC doesn't support any kind of external cam, unlike it's desktop counterpart).

Since I saw your first release of this plugin I've been wishing to pipe it into my GearVR using Samsung PhoneCast to play me some Vita on a giant screen :-P

Hopefully this Android gap can be bridged!

I also wanted to ask you if it would be possible (at least theoretically) to make it work on a PSTV so to be able to use a PC as an external monitor, in place of an HDMI TV/Display. I know the USB on the PSTV is different than on a Vita, but maybe a server app on the desktop can work some magic in that direction?

Well, anyway, have a great weekend and keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Last edited by easyonme, Sep 1, 2018
    Darksabre72 likes this.
  11. xerpi

OP xerpi GBAtemp Regular

Just updated the post with the latest version 1.2 :lol:

sage3k, thaikhoa, Voxel and 4 others like this.
  12. sage3k

sage3k Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you for the update, the plugin was working great before and now does not. the PSVitaDock v4 no longer detects my vita when I connect the USB cable. when I use vitashell and have it connect via USB, it works fine. I have disabled USB charging and it has not rectified the issue. A new thing.. when I enable the plugin, the Vita will not boot. When I disable it, it boots as it's modified usual Anything you can suggest to help rectify this?

13. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If I use a Raspberry Pi 3, what size memory card do I need for the image?

14. cybercuate

cybercuate Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Edit:
    forgot to put the url of the mod

Original:
    I tested a mod of this and it works better. It pushes the usb bandwidth to up to 320 mbps and 57 fps all the time
    in comparisson this uses only up to 309 mbps and at 896 x 504 it gets up to 54 (some 56 peaks, most of the time below 54) fps.

in summary: @896x504 on usb 2.0
    PSVita USB streaming(original 1.2)
    bandwidth: (up to) 309mbps
    fps: (below) 54

PSVita USB streamingMOD
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/mod-60-...ing-uvc-usb-video-class-limit-to-504p.514185/
    bandwidth: (up to) 320mbps
    fps: 57

@ahappylife201x thanks for the mod, it really helps me for streaming my vita games for $0 solution

Can we have a 1.3 version with [email protected] on USB 3.0??? (maybe [email protected]>400mbps?)

Last edited by cybercuate, Jun 28, 2019
  15. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I doubt 3.0 will make a difference as psvita is usb 2.0, which has a theoretical maximum of 480mb/s.

It might not be possible to hit the maximum, it depends on quite a few factors.

16. cybercuate

cybercuate Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Heres a comparisson @896x504 on usb 2.0 FW3.70 w/trinity

Please make it real to have [email protected]

RaZoRNo1 and RY0M43CH1Z3N like this.
  17. xerpi

OP xerpi GBAtemp Regular

RY0M43CH1Z3N likes this.
  18. CrossOut

CrossOut GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Any help with my problem would be great here. So I have it all set up right? and I have this line in my config.txt file under kernel, ur0:tai/udcd_uvc_oled_off.skprx since I am using an oled vita. for the life of me this will not work. I have a few questions, does the plug in have an icon on your vita when you install it? Is it a problem with my computer not detecing my vita? I hear the noise to indicate that it is connected when i plug it in however, the vita does not show up as a hard drive,maybe this is the problem? All my other programs are working like vitacheat and so on. In the tai folder under ur0 I also have the skprx file, so it is in the right place.

19. xerpi

OP xerpi GBAtemp Regular

Check this: https://github.com/xerpi/vita-udcd-uvc/issues/41

20. CrossOut

CrossOut GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You are a life saver! haha. For months I could not get this to work it turns out that I have to plug the vita into one the usb ports at the back of the computer. I had no clue to try different usb ports . it is always a really simple problem isnt it? That bit about the differnt usb ports needs to be said more as I wonder if it could fix a lot of other peoples problems?

xerpi likes this.
  21. Rabisco
    This message by Rabisco has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Apr 27, 2020, Reason: Postcount spam.
    Apr 27, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], streaming, PSVita