Hacking [Discussion] "freegame" - The new Supercard's CFW for DSTWO+

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I love how the SC forum administrator just ignores Crystal Glaceon posts or anyone that blames them for blatantly refusing to compile to the GPLv3 and provide the source for whatever mumbo-jumbo they did to the Reinand fork.

I have a SC dstwo and loved the features it brought to the DS lifetime, but this is just nonsense on their part. This is the reason why people close source their stuff and why projects die very easily sometimes in the scene.
Piracy, Backups, theft, whatever the hell you're doing, if the creator of the thing set up rules that you must follow, you should indeed do so.

-Look at Roxas75 for example, where is RXtools after it got RE'd?
Exactly. It just died out slowly.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Look at Roxas75 for example, where is RXtools after it got RE'd?
roxas didn't want it open source so people couldn't use it for piracy, roght?
but then someone added that, and later he made rxtools open source i think...
no problem there.

i don't see why people are still worrying about this freegame thing taking code, sure it would be nice to have the source, but licensed or not, what are you going to do about it? just whine? :D

there is some guy on a website who modifies android and hacks it onto kindles (eink, not the tablet lol)
you need to buy the hacked kindle from him or send yours to him, the price is honestly cheap, maybe $10.
but technically because it is android, he should share the source and bootrom that he made, but that would let us do it ourselves without this guy. but of course he will not me his work open source. i'd like it if it was free, but this way he can make some money from his work, i'm ok with that. if google aren't, they can take action.

no point in worrying about it, if you care about injustices in the world join a charity and help people...

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how the SC forum administrator just ignores Crystal Glaceon posts or anyone that blames them for blatantly refusing to compile to the GPLv3 and provide the source for whatever mumbo-jumbo they did to the Reinand fork.

I have a SC dstwo and loved the features it brought to the DS lifetime, but this is just nonsense on their part. This is the reason why people close source their stuff and why projects die very easily sometimes in the scene.
Piracy, Backups, theft, whatever the hell you're doing, if the creator of the thing set up rules that you must follow, you should indeed do so.

-Look at Roxas75 for example, where is RXtools after it got RE'd?
Actually just went on the supercard forum, and clearly those posts are deleted.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
roxas didn't want it open source so people couldn't use it for piracy, roght?
but then someone added that, and later he made rxtools open source i think...
no problem there.

i don't see why people are still worrying about this freegame thing taking code, sure it would be nice to have the source, but licensed or not, what are you going to do about it? just whine? :D

there is some guy on a website who modifies android and hacks it onto kindles (eink, not the tablet lol)
you need to buy the hacked kindle from him or send yours to him, the price is honestly cheap, maybe $10.
but technically because it is android, he should share the source and bootrom that he made, but that would let us do it ourselves without this guy. but of course he will not me his work open source. i'd like it if it was free, but this way he can make some money from his work, i'm ok with that. if google aren't, they can take action.

no point in worrying about it, if you care about injustices in the world join a charity and help people...

He added it after it was already RE'd, not before that. And he was quite pissed at that. (Like the comments about "using/supporting the original and NOT the imitation", So much he ended up leaving the scene altogether IIRC...

I do agree that the only one who can take action is Rei here, if this was a fork of Luma3ds then Aurora and her team would be the only ones that can take action, and not anyone else.

Chinese shady companies are just chinese shady companies, after all i guess. Personally I don't think I'll ever get anything else from them, even if it has supErFlows features.

Actually just went on the supercard forum, and clearly those posts are deleted.

No, they aren't. I just checked and the posts are on page 2-3.
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-12841-2-1.html

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o