antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My brother played GoldenEye 007: Reloaded, which is a backup (not original) XGD3 disc that is not fully burned, on my Xbox 360 last Thursday. When he played that game, the 'Disc Unreadable' error pops up in the middle of the gameplay, so the game ended and went to the Xbox Dashboard software. :(

That error happens with other truncated XGD3 discs like Modern Warfare 3 and Sonic Generations. One way to bypass the 'Disc Unreadable' error (I think) is to find an alternative way in a gameplay. For instance, when playing a stage or a mission on a truncated XDG3 disc and getting the 'Disc Unreadable' error, the way to bypass that error is to play previous stages or missions, and then try a new stage/mission after completing a previous stage/mission to see how the 'Disc Unreadable' error got bypassed or not.

Any other solutions to fix the 'Disc Unreadable' error on truncated XGD3 discs without fully re-burning them? Thanks. :yay:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reburn then with an iHAS.

Only option that won't fail.

You could try and download a very early title update for the game.
It could fix the problem but it's best to reburn them properly.

To inject a title update, you'll need a USB drive formatted to the 360 and Horizon.
Load horizon and load up your USB drive.
Inject the TU and close horizon.
Then load the USB in your 360 and copy the TU to your HDD.

Title updates: here

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend of mine had this with a couple of xgd3 games that HAD been burned on an iHAS. Had to apply title updates to get them working. One was MW3, the other was Sonic Generations.

Supernova741

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had a couple of burned discs that worked perfect for days, until at some point they just stopped working. Used another brand, now never had problems.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In my experience, truncated works just fine for the most part. The only thing missing is video data, so there's no chance for gameplay error unless you have shit media/burned badly :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt