Hacking Dios Mios Save file transfer from Dolphin

timothyJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I've been trying to transfer saves from Dolphin to Dios Mios on my SD card, for Pokemon XD specifically because that game will not let you save on an SD card unless there is one already on there. I've found the save file and its in GCI format, I moved the save file into the saves folder on my SD card but the game still doesn't recognize it. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to convert the file into something else?

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you could figure something out similar to the post below? It's using nintendont but IIRC nintendont is better and has better compatibility than both Dios Mios and devolution anyways.

Almost every day someone asks how to convert Gamecube .gci, .gcs, or .sav save files into RAW memory card files. If someone asks you how to do that, then please link them to this thread.

Here is a detailed tutorial about how to convert .gci, .gcs, or .sav saves into .raw memcards:

1: Install Dolphin emulator from here.
2: Open Dolphin.exe.
3: Under "Tools", click "Memcard Manager (GC)".
4: Select the left "Browse" button.
5: Select a blank .raw memory card file. (If you don't have one, there is one included in the attachment.)
6: Select "<- Import GCI".
7: Select your .gci, .gcs, or .sav save file.
8: Close the "Memcard Manager" window.

If you want to use your new .raw file with Nintendont, then follow these steps:
1: Rename your .raw file to "<4_letter_game_id>.raw". (Example: "blankcard.raw" with Lugi's mansion should be named "GLME.raw".)
2: Place this .raw file in "<Drive_with_GCN_games>\saves\<4_letter_game_id>.raw".
NOTE: Make sure you place the .raw file on the same drive as your Gamecube ISOs. This is not necessarily the same drive that Nintendont is running from.
3: Set "Memcard Emulation" to "On" and "Memcard Multi" to "On".
NOTE: The settings in USB loaders may be different.

Attached are:
- A blank 8MB .raw Gamecube Memory Card: "blankcard.raw"
- A .gci save from Luigi's Mansion that I know works with this process: "GLME.gci" (In the save game, everything is completed except the final battle with King Boo.)
- A .wmv video of me demonstrating the process: "gci2raw_demo.wmv"

NOTE: The attached .rar file is actually in .7z format. (GBAtemp won't allow me to upload 7z files. :P) If you don't have 7zip, then you can get it here.

Reactions: timothyJ

timothyJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you could figure something out similar to the post below? It's using nintendont but IIRC nintendont is better and has better compatibility than both Dios Mios and devolution anyways.
Thanks a lot I'll try that tonight! And I do use Nintendont but codes don't work for Pokemon in Nintendont, so I'm using Dios Mios for that

timothyJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I figured out where save files go in DIOS MIOS but the problem is that its in a folder with the game ID ins "saves" and it seems to be saved in a "stats.bin" file. I am not sure how to use a game save into that when it is in GCI format. I know there is a way to do it, just not sure how

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...