How to properly convert Gamefaqs .GCI gamecube save files to .RAW format for Nintendont

notdeadyet1208

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found a thread on here with a lot of archives of 100% complete .RAW save files for the Homebrew app Nintendont gamecube emulator. Most of them have names like GEPD.raw Reading through the thread people said if the raw file for the game you wanted wasn't in that thread to convert .gci files to .raw files using dolphin and then give it the proper file name. I did that for SSX Tricky but when I tried to load the game in Nintendont it said the virtual save file was corrupt.

I went to the Gamefaqs "SSX Tricky Gamecube Save Game Files" page and I downloaded the first GCI save file the "GameCube USB Memory Adapter Save (North America)" then I went into dolphin and converted it to .raw file and gave it the proper title name which is GSTE.raw and it came up corrupt. I don't know if there is a problem with the .gci file or if I'm doing something wrong.

This is just one of many save files I would like to convert so I would appreciate just being given the .raw file for SSX Tricky but I would rather learn how to properly convert the .gci files on the Gamefaqs website.

Thanks for any replies.

Last edited by notdeadyet1208,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing about Nintendont Raw saves is you should check the save emulation settings in Nintendont, if it's set to use one Raw file for all your saves individual game saves won't work, and viceversa.

notdeadyet1208

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing about Nintendont Raw saves is you should check the save emulation settings in Nintendont, if it's set to use one Raw file for all your saves individual game saves won't work, and viceversa.
All the 100% game completion save files I've uploaded that are already .raw files someone made work fine. I have it set to use individual raw files for each game. The only files I can't get to work are the .gci files I've converted myself to .raw. I wish I could just find the .raw save files for all the games that weren't in the archive I found but it seems all anyone uploads to the internet are .gci files

Maybe an easier solution to my problem would to just have a wii emulator for gamecube games that uses the .gci save files instead of .raw. Then I don't have to convert the files for the many games I want to play with my friends without unlocking everything.

Is there an emulator like that?

Last edited by notdeadyet1208,

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What size is the raw file you are trying to use?

It should work with the standard size which is 512kb since it is equivalent to an MC of 59 blocks and it does not usually cause problems.
Maybe it's a problem with that gci file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto