Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to make a GUI to convert ISOs for example, select 10 ISOs and press CONVERT ALL.
It will be useful?

I'd be very interested in this actually, especially if there was an option to check each game if you want it compressed or not, but even without that I'd be very interested!
U mean converting all isos in a folder to GcReEx format?
well I prefer DiskEX format but GcReEx format is good too, I just hate how I have to convert each game separately, it's a chore!

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I want to make a GUI to convert ISOs for example, select 10 ISOs and press CONVERT ALL.
It will be useful?

I'd be very interested in this actually, especially if there was an option to check each game if you want it compressed or not, but even without that I'd be very interested!
U mean converting all isos in a folder to GcReEx format?
well I prefer DiskEX format but GcReEx format is good too, I just hate how I have to convert each game separately, it's a chore!
Some time ago I made a cheap batch for this using as base the batch posted from Lwarez87: http://www.mediafire.com/?0yi10dt5if68872 The only thing is that when it finish converting it loops a No iso's found message but it doesn't matter as long as It does the job.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some time ago I made a cheap batch for this using as base the batch posted from Lwarez87: http://www.mediafire...0yi10dt5if68872 The only thing is that when it finish converting it loops a No iso's found message but it doesn't matter as long as It does the job.
is this a DiscEX batch or a GCReEx batch?
(I'm sure changing it from one to the other would be extremely easy but just curious.)
Mine's GcReEx because Modmii already makes a DiscEx bulk conversion so I thought I wouldn't need it.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Some time ago I made a cheap batch for this using as base the batch posted from Lwarez87: http://www.mediafire...0yi10dt5if68872 The only thing is that when it finish converting it loops a No iso's found message but it doesn't matter as long as It does the job.
is this a DiscEX batch or a GCReEx batch?
(I'm sure changing it from one to the other would be extremely easy but just curious.)
fig2k4(author of wii backup mananger) is working on a GUI tool for GC already. He said hopefully it will be out this weekend then if all goes well
it will be incorporated into WBM.
It would be nice if it could do both GCReEx format and DiscEX, too.
uhm you do know that r59 is very outdated?
Also there is a new SVN at https://code.google....p/diosmioslite/
yes that we know but many of us have incompatible sd card thats incompatible with the new dml version
That's why someone needs to add r59mod to the original DML GoogleCode page.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When i messaged him earlier this is what he told me.Hopefully he doesn't mind me posting this.

Load ISOs or previously extracted files.
Export to ISO or extract the files using various settings (DiscEx or GCReEx compatible).
Extract and create GCOS multiboot discs. (only extraction is coded for now)
Adding/removing files from discs.
Drag and drop to open ISOs, add files etc.
Command line stuff, for batch operations.

Reactions: 1 person

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a question about development of DML
I want to know if there was an update, "DML SNEEK**b.rar / diosmioslitesv*.*b.wad" names are always the same?

Edit:
related to this page
https://code.google.com/p/diosmioslite/downloads/list

cloudstrifer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I want to know if there was an update, "DML SNEEK**b.rar / diosmioslitesv*.*b.wad" names are always the same?

Edit:
related to this page
https://code.google..../downloads/list
use the "all downloads" option where it says "search" and you will see a couple of depredecated versions show us so you can get an idea but for automation purposes, yes, it would be nice if there were some sort of convention.

so far, it's been like this
diosmioslitev1.0.wad
diosmioslitesv1.1.wad
diosmioslitesv1.2.wad
diosmioslitesv1.3.wad
diosmioslitesv1.4.wad
diosmioslitesv1.4b.wad

and just
DML SNEEK.rar
DML SNEEK14b.rar
(I don't use SNEEK so IF I remember right there weren't as many versions released)

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Anyways, Is it normal for your Wii to make a loud screeching sound after pressing Reset or Power on the Wii while a GC game is loaded through DML? I have to pull the plug every time I want to power off after I play something.

That doesn't happen to me :O are you having your Wii sideways? I dunno if this has anything to do with it or not but mine is always standing next to the TV!

It's standing next to the TV. I run games through CFG Mod v2, with a 32GB Fujimax Class 4 formatted 64KB Clusters. Attached HDD is a 500GB Freecom ToughDrive.

Installed is cIOS d2x and DML 1.4b on Real NAND. Games are compressed using GCReEx

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega Man X Collection still refuses to work with a component cable as usual, I see. This hasn't been fixed yet, why?

And no, Forcing PAL50/PAL60, NTSC 480p/PAL 480p, default doesn't do jack squat.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Mega Man X Collection still refuses to work with a component cable as usual, I see. FML

That's a TV compatibility problem. Nothing to do with DML. Same issue exists for its PS2 version.

Mega Man X Collection was the world's only commercial Gamecube release to use 240p graphics mode. (Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Sonic Mega Collection, etc, all upscaled their games to 480i the original developers never intended)
It's also North American exclusive, so neither PAL or JPN region Gamecube had any 240p title.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a TV compatibility problem. Nothing to do with DML. Same issue exists for its PS2 version.

Mega Man X Collection was the world's only commercial Gamecube release to use 240p graphics mode. (Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Sonic Mega Collection, etc, all upscaled their games to 480i the original developers never intended)
It's also North American exclusive, so neither PAL or JPN region Gamecube had any 240p title.

No fix as of yet? Those who want to play it are SOL?

Or do we set the Wii to 480i?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
No. Most likely that idea would involve reprogramming the game... Not at all Nintendo or Capcom's fault TV makers didn't do their job. PS2 launched in Japan early 2000 with the ability to run PS1 games through component. Plenty of time to introduce 240p ready TVs.

Easiest solution is using a cable other than component. Most affected TVs don't realize when receiving 240p over composite or s-video, and will just interpret it as 480i.

Other possible workarounds are: use a PC emulator or backwards compatible PS3 to upconvert the game.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That really sucks. I know the 480i trick makes VC games look better, but what you're saying is that there are no workarounds besides using an inferior composite cable? Sheesh. What a PITA it is to just run one bloody game. A bunch of bollocks.

Note 12:18AM 5/13/2012: It did strike me as odd by the fact that I played this particular game on my Wii using the physical disc, with the component cables.

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Edit:
related to this page
https://code.google..../downloads/list
use the "all downloads" option where it says "search" and you will see a couple of depredecated versions show us so you can get an idea but for automation purposes, yes, it would be nice if there were some sort of convention.

so far, it's been like this
diosmioslitev1.0.wad
diosmioslitesv1.1.wad
diosmioslitesv1.2.wad
diosmioslitesv1.3.wad
diosmioslitesv1.4.wad
diosmioslitesv1.4b.wad

and just
DML SNEEK.rar
DML SNEEK14b.rar
(I don't use SNEEK so IF I remember right there weren't as many versions released)

Thanks a lot.
I have used
  • DML SNEEK14b.rar
  • diosmioslitesv1.4b.wad
To get the current DML wad and DML SNEEK apps (archiv)
I hope it remains that way :)

Code:
MsgBox(0, "Current DML Rev", _CurrentDMLRevURL())

Func _CurrentDMLRevURL()
FileDelete(@TempDir & "\SHA1ChecksumURL")
FileDelete(@TempDir & "\CurrentDMLRevURL") ;Clean
Local $hDownload = InetGet("https://code.google.com/p/diosmioslite/downloads/list", @TempDir & "\CurrentDMLRevURL", 1, 1) ;Download Header
Do
Sleep(250)
Until InetGetInfo($hDownload, 2)
InetClose($hDownload)

$GetCurrentDMLRevURL = FileRead(@TempDir & "\CurrentDMLRevURL")
FileClose($GetCurrentDMLRevURL)
FileDelete(@TempDir & "\CurrentDMLRevURL") ;Clean
$StringCurrentDMLRevURL = _splitInfo($GetCurrentDMLRevURL, 'diosmioslite\.googlecode\.com\/files\/d([^*]*?)\.wad', 1) ;Get Current DML wad
$URLCurrentDMLRevURL = "http://diosmioslite.googlecode.com/files/d" & $StringCurrentDMLRevURL & ".wad"
$StringSHA1Checksum = _Get_SHA1Checksum("http://code.google.com/p/diosmioslite/downloads/detail?name=d" & $StringCurrentDMLRevURL & ".wad") ;Get SHA1 Checksum (DML wad)

$StringCurrentDMLAppRevURL = _splitInfo($GetCurrentDMLRevURL, 'diosmioslite\.googlecode\.com\/files\/DML...S([^*]*?)\.rar', 1) ;Get Current DML SNEEK apps =>archiv
$URLCurrentDMLAPPRevURL = "http://diosmioslite.googlecode.com/files/DML S" & $StringCurrentDMLAppRevURL & ".rar"
$StringSHA1ChecksumApp = _Get_SHA1Checksum("http://code.google.com/p/diosmioslite/downloads/detail?name=DML S" & $StringCurrentDMLAppRevURL & ".rar") ;Get SHA1 Checksum (DML SNEEK apps =>archiv)

Return (@CRLF & _
"+ DML d" & $StringCurrentDMLRevURL & "  : " & $URLCurrentDMLRevURL & @CRLF & _
"SHA1 Checksum: " & $StringSHA1Checksum & @CRLF & _
"+ DML S" & $StringCurrentDMLAppRevURL & "  : " & $URLCurrentDMLAppRevURL & @CRLF & _
"SHA1 Checksum: " & $StringSHA1ChecksumApp & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>_CurrentDMLRevURL

Func _Get_SHA1Checksum($_Get_SHA1ChecksumURL)
Local $StringSHA1Checksum = ""
FileDelete(@TempDir & "\SHA1ChecksumURL")
Local $hDownload = InetGet($_Get_SHA1ChecksumURL, @TempDir & "\SHA1ChecksumURL", 1, 1) ;Download Header
Do
Sleep(250)
Until InetGetInfo($hDownload, 2)
InetClose($hDownload)

$GetSHA1ChecksumURL = FileRead(@TempDir & "\SHA1ChecksumURL")
FileClose($GetSHA1ChecksumURL)
FileDelete(@TempDir & "\SHA1ChecksumURL") ;Clean
$StringSHA1ChecksumURL = _splitInfo($GetSHA1ChecksumURL, "SHA1 Checksum\: ([^*]*?)What\'s this\?", 1)
$StringSHA1Checksum = _splitInfo($StringSHA1ChecksumURL, "\> ([^*]*?) \

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
That really sucks. I know the 480i trick makes VC games look better, but what you're saying is that there are no workarounds besides using an inferior composite cable? Sheesh. What a PITA it is to just run one bloody game. A bunch of bollocks.

Note 12:18AM 5/13/2012: It did strike me as odd by the fact that I played this particular game on my Wii using the physical disc, with the component cables.

Be glad it's just one game. PS2 owners are hit much much worse! After all this is the graphics format 95% of PS1 games use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol