Not open for further replies.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
As for Wind Waker/Sonic I was expecting them to change to 480i if you said no to progressive mode which means either your dml patches all video mode change calls (so that a game can't switch to 480i later) or those games simply don't do anything if you say no and switch to 480p if you say yes.
The latter is the case. NTSC games always start up in 480i, and games will usually assume as much, and just stay in "480i" rather than change to it. There are, of course, exceptions; games which actually do force a switch to 480i. There are also (natively 480p-supporting) games that will simply break when forced to 480p, so forcing should ideally only be used when it's actually necessary.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I had enough of the incompatibility and general long loading times etc that I get with dml. So i thought fuck it and I just bought a Wode for about the same price as a class 10 32G SDHC card. Hmm choice was 32g card and only some games working or Wode and almost 100% compatibility.... Durrr it's a no brainer. DML is a great effort and I hope it continues to improve. Good luck

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well then you got ripped off man. the wode is roughly double the price of a 32 gb card. i paid about $30 usd for my 32gb card, the wode is still about $80.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nah didn't get robbed m8, got the convenience of compatibility. And anyway I only paid £35 inc dhl express (24hr) to the uk from Spain for my Wode which by all accounts is a good deal...... And I bought a class 10 SDHC 32g for my camera a couple of weeks ago and that was £42 so price is about the same as I said in my other post :)

Anyway I'm happy or I will be when I get home and set up my Wode :)

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am happy with price i paid for my wode, i probably could of shopped around and got my sd card cheaper but, i was in PC World buying a new camera and grabbed the sd card while i was there, really bought it for the camera but as it worked in the wii, i thought id try it out with DML.
I did notice some speed improvments over my other card and a few more games worked but i am too impatient and like compatibillty so the wode was finally too temping.

I will only be using the Wode for gamecube games only as i am completely happy with my current Cfg setup for wii games, also using 2 different hard drives :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So I've tried various things such as installing BC and all different revisions of DML following FIX94's guide on creating and installing DML but everytime I keep gettgin a blackscreen when trying to load Metroid Prime (PAL). The whole console just kind of freezes and I have to put the Wii on/off. My Wii is an older version, got it in 2007. My SD card type is the toshiba 2GB which comes with the 3DS. Any information on this strange occurance would be appreciated. Thanks.
Do other games work fine? I'm assuming you're doing a PAL game on a PAL Wii, right? What loader are you using to open the game? What other DML options do you have set for the game? Is it a full dump or is it compressed?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
You can get the latest DML version "DML59mod.rar" from here: http://www.mediafire...qk17b9hubiki4v7
Extract and run "create_wad.bat" to get the latest DMLr59mod[MIOS-v10].wad which can be installed with a wad manager

PS: you can still use this pack for future releases as well by just replacing the file dml.elf and re-creating the wad

( Thanks Damysteryman for the modified elf & Thanks Fix94 for making this handy tool)
Hey, what options are enabled on this by default? nodisk? nmm? etc.? any?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
You can get the latest DML version "DML59mod.rar" from here: http://www.mediafire...qk17b9hubiki4v7
Extract and run "create_wad.bat" to get the latest DMLr59mod[MIOS-v10].wad which can be installed with a wad manager

PS: you can still use this pack for future releases as well by just replacing the file dml.elf and re-creating the wad

( Thanks Damysteryman for the modified elf & Thanks Fix94 for making this handy tool)
Hey, what options are enabled on this by default? nodisk? nmm? etc.? any?
Here's the original post: http://gbatemp.net/topic/307341-dios-mios-lite/page__view__findpost__p__4183746
Damysteryman didn't mention the options but I think It's just like the regular elf from googlecode

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator: Take it easy on the quotes there, Bennett Brauer. You can't just use them at will to change the definitions of words. :)
damysteryman to answer your question, yes the other Pokemon region fixes have actually already been added into the next commit.
DML has been going through.. well, I guess you could say we've done a bit of restructuring, so I thought I'd let you all know that there will be a big update either today or tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 people

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Hielkenator: Take it easy on the quotes there, Bennett Brauer. You can't just use them at will to change the definitions of words. :)
damysteryman to answer your question, yes the other Pokemon region fixes have actually already been added into the next commit.
DML has been going through.. well, I guess you could say we've done a bit of restructuring, so I thought I'd let you all know that there will be a big update either today or tomorrow.

Do you know if the option to force 480p has been added?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

A big update? I'm excited to see what this will do, please let it be a fix for Shadow and Rayman 3 to work with no disk!

On another note, I know this is been asked many times before, is there a chance games with audio stream issues to be fixed? Or is it a permanent issue and there's noway to fix it? I really hope they can get fixed so I could enjoy Crash The Wrath Of Cortex and Crazy Taxi properly!

KiraKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've tried various things such as installing BC and all different revisions of DML following FIX94's guide on creating and installing DML but everytime I keep gettgin a blackscreen when trying to load Metroid Prime (PAL). The whole console just kind of freezes and I have to put the Wii on/off. My Wii is an older version, got it in 2007. My SD card type is the toshiba 2GB which comes with the 3DS. Any information on this strange occurance would be appreciated. Thanks.
Do other games work fine? I'm assuming you're doing a PAL game on a PAL Wii, right? What loader are you using to open the game? What other DML options do you have set for the game? Is it a full dump or is it compressed?

Hey, yeah, it's a PAL wii, I haven't tried any other games as of yet, I've tried postloader3, Neogamma and Wiiflow. All output the same result. DML options? Um I assume you're talking about NMM and NoDisc? Not using any of them, just DMLr58 precompiled. I've tried DMLr52 and DMLr56 but all give the same result as well. The game is the full iso, 1.35GB. Normal gamecube disc size, and I just converted it with DiscEx. Also thanks for the concern :)

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What will this big update include then?

Edit: Also... I'm not paying anything towards it, in order for it to be released though.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hey, just a thought, would it be possible to get classic controllers to work by running gamecube games in a virtual machine in Wii mode and just using high level emulation for the few commands that wouldn't match up? (Kinda like what Virtual PC does, the other operating system MOSTLY runs it's code natively but HLE is used for the few commands that only the operating system can run and Virtual PC isn't the OS.) This might be what Devolution is planning to do so I might be asking this in the wrong place but is that too much of a change to add it into DML ... or is it even possible?

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, just a thought, would it be possible to get classic controllers to work by running gamecube games in a virtual machine in Wii mode and just using high level emulation for the few commands that wouldn't match up? (Kinda like what Virtual PC does, the other operating system MOSTLY runs it's code natively but HLE is used for the few commands that only the operating system can run and Virtual PC isn't the OS.) This might be what Devolution is planning to do so I might be asking this in the wrong place but is that too much of a change to add it into DML ... or is it even possible?

Well we have seen that everything seems to be possible, someone just has to make it.
And that's the problem from the people how are able to do that it seems they don't want to?

You are not someone who is just too cheap to buy a GC controller right? RIGHT?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
You are not someone who is just too cheap to buy a GC controller right? RIGHT?
I can't speak for Maxternal, but I can see how it would be great for people who have new Wii's.
Actually, I love my WaveBird (even if I lost the battery cover for it) and don't even have a classic controller but, yeah, I was thinking about the new no-gamecube wii's. People who get doped into one of those could use NMM more and more to replace their memory card slots as it gets better but only if they could press START to enter the game. They're just stuck looking at the title screen until they decide to turn it off.

Edit : No, wait. On some games they're really just stuck looking at the "do you want to create a memory card entry for this game?" screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ