Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
I did buy a SanDisk 32GB Class 10 card for DML, but it can be used for other things as well. I'm planning on upgrading my USB drive to a 500 GB sometime soon.

I guess that makes two of us...

Now that I'm thinking about it, do you think DM will have a different code to convert the isos now that it runs off the USB? Also I'm wondering is there a way to use one hard drive to split it in half and format each half differently? like if I get a 500GB hard drive I can split it to 400/100 and format the 400GB half to wbfs while keep the 100GB half as Fat32 for DM? I guess we'll find out when it comes out!

sonictopfan.......... You can use the entire drive as FAT32 for all Wii and GC games, there is no need for 2 partitions, dude

I'm fully aware of that but I hate running Wii games as FAT32, it eats up the space for games, I rather stick with DML 1.3 than have to move my Wii games to a FAT32 tbh!
you realize wii games will always be the same size on wbfs, fat32, and ntfs as long as you scrub them right?
No, I could be wrong but off my experience even if I scrub them as long as they're saved as .iso they will always take up around 4.500 GB, I don't want a game like Puyo Puyo 15th to take up 4.500GB when the original game is around 500MB only!

Don't save them as ISO, save them as WBFS files. They'll then take the same space as one a WBFS formatted drive...

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did buy a SanDisk 32GB Class 10 card for DML, but it can be used for other things as well. I'm planning on upgrading my USB drive to a 500 GB sometime soon.

I guess that makes two of us...

Now that I'm thinking about it, do you think DM will have a different code to convert the isos now that it runs off the USB? Also I'm wondering is there a way to use one hard drive to split it in half and format each half differently? like if I get a 500GB hard drive I can split it to 400/100 and format the 400GB half to wbfs while keep the 100GB half as Fat32 for DM? I guess we'll find out when it comes out!

sonictopfan.......... You can use the entire drive as FAT32 for all Wii and GC games, there is no need for 2 partitions, dude

I'm fully aware of that but I hate running Wii games as FAT32, it eats up the space for games, I rather stick with DML 1.3 than have to move my Wii games to a FAT32 tbh!
you realize wii games will always be the same size on wbfs, fat32, and ntfs as long as you scrub them right?
No, I could be wrong but off my experience even if I scrub them as long as they're saved as .iso they will always take up around 4.500 GB, I don't want a game like Puyo Puyo 15th to take up 4.500GB when the original game is around 500MB only!
thats as simple as storing the games as .wbfs files on your fat32 drive heck if you use wiibackup manager it will convert your games and do it all for you

Reactions: 1 person

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, sonictopfan, on a FAT32 formatted drive, Wii Backup Manager saves your wii games compressed, just like on a WBFS drive, so, your wrong in saying your .ISO is gonna be 4.5GB, no matter what game. If its 350mb, it'll show up as 350mb (New Super Mario Bros).....I have a 320GB drive and I've got about 230 wii games on it. Do the math.........
I really dont know why people still stick with WBFS drives, they all fail somewhere down the line, and yours will too, and you'll lose all your games, just like most of us had happen. But hey, its your games, do as you see fit.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
haha sux for everyone who spent their money buying huge sd cards that they'll never use again ;)

Damn it, you're right, I'll never use it again. Because my camera really couldn't do with a 32 GB card, or my video camera, or my stereo. Wonder how many DS games I could fit on there.

stop being a douche it doesnt make u sound cool.

I have no reason, or need to sound 'cool' What I DO have is many other uses for a memory card, and the right to point out how ridiculous and pointless your comment was.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just what I thought, NEOGAMMA it is then with older DML.
Hey, in case you don't already know, the latest version of USB Loader GX beta (r17) can load GCN retail discs. I tested it last night.
It also supports the extracted file fromat (from GCReEx).

Edit: I guess that's now code revision 1166.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know USB Loader can detect games saved as wbfs on a FAT32 hard drive, would that result on any slowdowns?
all usb loaders read fat32. if you read what ever usb loader your using, main page it will tell you. the only draw back ( not really a draw back cause it doesn't effect the games at all.).
if a game is over 4gb, fat32 will split the file in two. seeing that most games are just under 4gb. it's not really a problem. one word of advice, don't use a backup manager to delete/transfer games to drive. that has caused problems. just save the file to computer then drag/drop. or hit the delete . other then slowdown, nope no effect at all.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't know USB Loader can detect games saved as wbfs on a FAT32 hard drive, would that result on any slowdowns?
all usb loaders read fat32. if you read what ever usb loader your using, main page it will tell you. the only draw back ( not really a draw back cause it doesn't effect the games at all.).
if a game is over 4gb, fat32 will split the file in two. seeing that most games are just under 4gb. it's not really a problem. one word of advice, don't use a backup manager to delete/transfer games to drive. that has caused problems. just save the file to computer then drag/drop. or hit the delete . other then slowdown, nope no effect at all.

I guess I'll consider this solution in case I upgraded to DM when it comes out, or I could stick with my hard drive and get a smaller one for GC!

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using a sparse ISO file, then yes, it's going to grow in size on FAT32. (I'm not sure how you'd store a 4.5 GiB file on a FAT32 filesystem though, since it's limited to 4 GiB - 1 byte.)

I'm still going to use a two-partition system, since FAT32 has other limitations that get in the way when using the drive as a regular storage device. (For example, it doesn't support files > 4 GiB, no sparse support, no extents, no journalling, etc.)

As already mentioned, USB Loader GX (and other loaders) can read WBFS disc images on FAT32 partitions (and in the case of USB Loader GX, NTFS and EXT[234]). Just put the disc images in the /wbfs/ directory.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
[member='SonicTopFan'] I use 2 partitions for USB loading. My first partition (FAT32) holds all my apps my second partition (NTFS) holds all my wbfs games in .wbfs format, you can convert all ISO games into WBFS format with WiiBackUp Manager, and almost all loaders recognize both Fat32 and NTFS .wbfs games on different partitions so no worries there.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just what I thought, NEOGAMMA it is then with older DML.
Hey, in case you don't already know, the latest version of USB Loader GX beta (r17) can load GCN retail discs. I tested it last night.
It also supports the extracted file fromat (from GCReEx).

Edit: I guess that's now code revision 1166.
But still no multi iso, have asked dimok about that some time ago.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
[member='SonicTopFan'] I use 2 partitions for USB loading. My first partition (FAT32) holds all my apps my second partition (NTFS) holds all my wbfs games in .wbfs format, you can convert all ISO games into WBFS format with WiiBackUp Manager, and almost all loaders recognize both Fat32 and NTFS .wbfs games on different partitions so no worries there.

Well if I may ask how do I exactly do this? I never done this before, splitting a hard drive into two partitions, one is FAT32 and the other is NTFS, can I just make the other partition in WBFS format? Are there any side effects?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soon SMA is back ;)
newvt.png

and much more...

Where do I get a copy of this app?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonictopfan - Easeus Partition manager can split your drive as you wish, to FAT32 and NTFS, but WBFS format can only be as the WHOLE drive, with no split. WBFS is basically dead, too unstable, corruption, etc.....You can use WBFS2FAT32, its a program that will convert your WBFS drive to FAT32, and not lose anything, on the fly...........

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

Well if I may ask how do I exactly do this? I never done this before, splitting a hard drive into two partitions, one is FAT32 and the other is NTFS, can I just make the other partition in WBFS format? Are there any side effects?
Yes you can use Easeuse Partition Master to split your drive into different partitions, it's quite easy and it has a wizard, the program is very user friendly and it's wonderful all the things you can do with it. And yes you can have one of your partitions be WBFS but I wouldn't know why you would want to. I'm on the same concensus that WBFS is an inferior storage format and these days is no longer necessary. You can also take [member='ddetkowski'] advice and use wbfs2fat.py to convert your WBFS partitions into FAT32 on the fly :)
sonictopfan - Easeus Partition manager can split your drive as you wish, to FAT32 and NTFS, but WBFS format can only be as the WHOLE drive, with no split. WBFS is basically dead, too unstable, corruption, etc.....You can use WBFS2FAT32, its a program that will convert your WBFS drive to FAT32, and not lose anything, on the fly...........
You can actually have a single partition WBFS and the rest of your drive whatever format you'd like, and yea I'm loving that Avatar bud ;)
@ddetkowski - NICE avatar :)

@anybody who knows what SMA is... what is it? Tried google... didnt help :/
SMA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know bout sets, I downloaded all the roms for mine separately.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?