Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
sonictopfan - Easeus Partition manager can split your drive as you wish, to FAT32 and NTFS, but WBFS format can only be as the WHOLE drive, with no split. WBFS is basically dead, too unstable, corruption, etc.....You can use WBFS2FAT32, its a program that will convert your WBFS drive to FAT32, and not lose anything, on the fly...........

Thanks my dear, looks like I'm gonna go with FAT32 then as long as it doesn't slow the games down and it won't take more space, which was your suggestion from the beginning!

Yes you can use Easeuse Partition Master to split your drive into different partitions, it's quite easy and it has a wizard, the program is very user friendly and it's wonderful all the things you can do with it. And yes you can have one of your partitions be WBFS but I wouldn't know why you would want to. I'm on the same concensus that WBFS is an inferior storage format and these days is no longer necessary. You can also take [member='ddetkowski'] advice and use wbfs2fat.py to convert your WBFS partitions into FAT32 on the fly :)

Oh really? :O I'm gonna have to think it over again, hey is FAT32 better for Wii games than NTFS?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
sonictopfan - Easeus Partition manager can split your drive as you wish, to FAT32 and NTFS, but WBFS format can only be as the WHOLE drive, with no split. WBFS is basically dead, too unstable, corruption, etc.....You can use WBFS2FAT32, its a program that will convert your WBFS drive to FAT32, and not lose anything, on the fly...........

Thanks my dear, looks like I'm gonna go with FAT32 then as long as it doesn't slow the games down and it won't take more space, which was your suggestion from the beginning, This way I can also use the hard drive for other stuff but if I may ask where should I put the wfbs files? On the root of the hard drive? or in a specific folder? And where can I get WBFS2FAT32?

Yes you can use Easeuse Partition Master to split your drive into different partitions, it's quite easy and it has a wizard, the program is very user friendly and it's wonderful all the things you can do with it. And yes you can have one of your partitions be WBFS but I wouldn't know why you would want to. I'm on the same concensus that WBFS is an inferior storage format and these days is no longer necessary. You can also take [member='ddetkowski'] advice and use wbfs2fat.py to convert your WBFS partitions into FAT32 on the fly :)

Oh really? :O I'm gonna have to think it over again, hey is FAT32 better for Wii games than NTFS?
Personally I use NTFS for my Wii Games and never had any issues but it's your choice, you can go with either, some people like FAT32 more. There is definitely no slowdows with the games or the way they play compared with WBFS format.

The games need to go on the root of the drive in a folder named wbfs.

Sorry for the OT-ness everybody, but at the very least you can say he's setting up his Drive to use DM :D
I'm prob gonna have to re-do one of my 500GB HDD's and resize my FAT32 partition so it can be used with DM as well to hold more GC games since it's mostly NTFS... one partition is like 4GB FAT32 and the NTFS is like 450+GB lol.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well when you have 16MB(usual size IOS reserves of MEM2) of RAM to play with, 490KB (size of libntfs for GC/Wii) seem like nothing.
But when all you have is 96KB well it doesn't look so bright.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha sux for everyone who spent their money buying huge sd cards that they'll never use again ;)

Damn it, you're right, I'll never use it again. Because my camera really couldn't do with a 32 GB card, or my video camera, or my stereo. Wonder how many DS games I could fit on there.

stop being a douche it doesnt make u sound cool.

I have no reason, or need to sound 'cool' What I DO have is many other uses for a memory card, and the right to point out how ridiculous and pointless your comment was.

i specifically said sucks for those who wont ever use them again. sorry if i mis-worded or you mis-interpreted.

anyways..the only thing that I own thats full size SD compatible is my wii and my gfs camera. guess if I had a 32gb sd card i could take alot of video, but thats about it. everything else takes micro sd, or usb

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But still no multi iso, have asked dimok about that some time ago.
Why do you want multi-ISO support? Just curious...
Very convenient.
Also no need for me to copy them to my sd card.
Just pop in my dvd with 5 of my favourite games and voila ,PLAY.

I put all my retail games through the multi game iso process to save the original discs.
It also a lot more convenient in terms of storage.

USB loader GX allready supports ripping to sd/hdd from multi iso discs.
Now we only need a way to play them with the right cMIOS/ DM/ DML.

What would be even more awesome is, loading from an multi iso image without ripping the separate games first, with dml.
Right now if your wii supports DVD-R, multi game iso's are the ultimate option in gc loading.Opposed to SD loading.
It's more convenient in every way.

When Dios-mios comes around ( usb loading ), that would be the ultimate way of loading gc games on your Wii.
For as I know, neogamma is the only way to load multigame iso's from dvd-r's

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
What would be even more awesome is, loading from an multi iso image without ripping the separate games first, with dml.

Why would anyone want that? The only thing this can actually help with is if there was a function to switch games from the same multi iso image during gameplay, as I stated several pages ago, this can be a solution for multi disk games, other than that I don't see the point in having several GC disks in one iso if you're gonna run it via DM/DML anyway, if anything it'll take even more time to load the specific game you want!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i specifically said sucks for those who wont ever use them again. sorry if i mis-worded or you mis-interpreted.

anyways..the only thing that I own thats full size SD compatible is my wii and my gfs camera. guess if I had a 32gb sd card i could take alot of video, but thats about it. everything else takes micro sd, or usb

The "haha" at the beginning made you sound like you enjoyed that people would be upset. Are you saying that you don't find it funny?

Justifying whether there is a further use for the SD cards is irrelevant to that.

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Am I the only one who has trouble when compressing Super Mario Sunshine with GCeEX? The game doesn't boot when using DML 1.3!

But when compressing it with DiscEx, it works like a charm!

BR!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Where do I get a copy of this app?
It will be released soon.
Well when you have 16MB(usual size IOS reserves of MEM2) of RAM to play with, 490KB (size of libntfs for GC/Wii) seem like nothing.
But when all you have is 96KB well it doesn't look so bright.
So DM will never have NTFS support?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why would anyone want that? The only thing this can actually help with is if there was a function to switch games from the same multi iso image during gameplay, as I stated several pages ago, this can be a solution for multi disk games, other than that I don't see the point in having several GC disks in one iso if you're gonna run it via DM/DML anyway, if anything it'll take even more time to load the specific game you want!
I have to agree here, H. I don't see how multi-ISO discs are even relevant any longer, when you have much more space available in a large SD card, from which to launch your favorite games. I have 25 games now in my SD card and they all show up in the GX banner menu and can be launched immediately, without fumbling with discs.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one who has trouble when compressing Super Mario Sunshine with GCeEX? The game doesn't boot when using DML 1.3!

But when compressing it with DiscEx, it works like a charm!

BR!

It's actually in the DML issues list http://code.google.c...wiki/GameIssues I'm still using DiskEx though and it's working fine compressed and all, however Kirby and Virtua Striker need to be not compressed in order to work!

So DM will never have NTFS support?

Don't count on it, I kinda hope so though!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

No it would take out the hassle of ripping/ converting each game. Just dump a multi game iso, done.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I have to agree here, H. I don't see how multi-ISO discs are even relevant any longer, when you have much more space available in a large SD card, from which to launch your favorite games. I have 25 games now in my SD card and they all show up in the GX banner menu and can be launched immediately, without fumbling with discs.

Using multi game iso's you can store about 5 games on one dvd-r.
As i have all my Retail games backed up on multiiso's it would be great to just dump those discs as you would with a retail gc disc.
except this image would hold 5 games. Get the point now?

It would also take away the hassle of converting multiso games separately for each and every game.
For me loading multigame iso's from discs is far more convenient.
1# game compatibilty is the same as dios mios ( wiipower/wiigator cMIOS )
2# I allready have those games backed up on dvd + original.
3# I would need about five 32 GB sd cards to hold all my games.
4# Ripping/converting separate games from gcmultigameiso's can allready be done in usb loader gx, why not the abilty to play them?
5# Using a multigame iso dump in dml, like you would be using a single game dump in dml would be great. ( means only one .iso for ~5 games)
6# gamecube usb loading will fix all my isseus about this matter.right now dml is great but, not ideal for my situation. dios-mios-usb will be.
4# I have a wii that supports dvd-r. So dml is a bonus untill dios mios usb comes along.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

No it would take out the hassle of ripping/ converting each game. Just dump a multi game iso, done.

You'd still need to rip every game, besides it'll take more space on an SD than having each game separately, which you can squeeze more games than a multi disk!

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
each dml game takes axcactly the same space 1.25 gb when used discex, this times 5 is by far not half 32gb so go get yourself a new calculator if you think it's better to use multi dvd. the price for 32 gb i bought it for 18 euro, this has the advantage to be reusable when i don't play one game anymore... ow by the way multi-disc takes a lot more load time. and not all wii's can use multi-discs option since the new 3-2 drives came out...
dml is a must for those who bought thier wii after 2008

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to use multi-disc + NeoGamma but when DML came out, I never looked back.
Sure, the 32GB card size is a limitation but, how many GCN games do you really need to have handy? Most games you don't play again for a long time, if ever, once you finish them. Others, like Mario Kart DD, Soul Calibur, F-Zero, etc., you want to always keep in your SD card for casual play.
The average GCN game size is about 1 GB or less. A 32GB SD card has ~29 GB of actual space, so that's over 25 games that you can have there. Not too shabby.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sure, the 32GB card size is a limitation but, how many GCN games do you really need to have handy? Most games you don't play again for a long time, if ever, once you finish them. Others, like Mario Kart DD, Soul Calibur, F-Zero, etc., you want to always keep in your SD card for casual play.
The average GCN game size is about 1 GB or less. A 32GB SD card has ~29 GB of actual space, so that's over 25 games that you can have there. Not too shabby.
I understand completely, and I see the potential of dml.
But for people that have multidisc lying around allready, the option to be able to play them through dml is a big plus imho, just like retail disc support is.
This way dml "adds" something to the whole gc game loading spectrum, instead of being something completely else.
When DIOS MIOS is released, i will not be looking back on DML nor discs anymore either, do you see where I'm standing here?
By the way, I'm using both metods to load my Gamecube "fix". I have some on my sd card, and when i want to play something else I'll pop in a multigamedisc, instead of ripping converting them. Anyway I have 100+ GC retail games (yes...I know ) so I've had my share of gamecube in the past. Still dml feels like a treat!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Don't forget one can have more than one 32GB SD card, so you can always switch cards as if you're switching disks, without needing a multi disk option!

-When neither a boot.bin nor a config is found in RAM, DML now boots the
inserted disc instead

-Fixed a bug which broke loader patching (fixes games that load .dols. Zelda:CE,
...)

OMG, he fixed two of the three issues I reported and wanted them be fixed soon "the third is not detecting all cards, but with DM I wont be needing this" where can I get the new .wad? :D

Many thanks Crediar :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1