Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,596,670
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just trust that you don't want a google translated game. There are certain things that just make no sense in any way. slang, common concepts that cannot be translated - and only learned by a living human are not part of google translate. One part of text in the game is a clue as to where to go next but due to google translate wonderfulness it got it wrong - very wrong - so wrong that you would have as players of the game been unable to continue on at that point due to mis-translation. Would you as a player be able to identify how it went wrong? not really you would need to know what it was originally... So stop asking for partial when you just are going to complain when you get to the point in the game that isn't translated and even then you still will not be able to finish the game...

OvidiuHiei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ovidiu-hiei.deviantart.com
XP
Country
As far as we know most of the game is translated, google translate would only be applied to some minor part of the game, so no what you are saying wouldn't apply here.

Someone has to say this, as much as it sucks for you to have people constantly asking for game release, but truth is, hardly anyone is working ont his anymore like stated before, so might aswell pack everything and release as it is, and if you really want to finish it you can always release anotehr version later.

YOu can hate me all you want but you know what I say makes sense, what doesn't make sense is people trying to bash everyone that asks for the game as it is, because you want it as much as we do, you just want to look cool and don't want to ask for it like we did.

DMaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as we know most of the game is translated, google translate would only be applied to some minor part of the game, so no what you are saying wouldn't apply here.

Someone has to say this, as much as it sucks for you to have people constantly asking for game release, but truth is, hardly anyone is working ont his anymore like stated before, so might aswell pack everything and release as it is, and if you really want to finish it you can always release anotehr version later.

YOu can hate me all you want but you know what I say makes sense, what doesn't make sense is people trying to bash everyone that asks for the game as it is, because you want it as much as we do, you just want to look cool and don't want to ask for it like we did.
Agreed, i just need the english translation for menu, digimon and battle, then i can play and just find my way out for parts untranslated. But without any release it's impossible.

Yuuki Tera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

While definitely what you say is logical it still doesn't hold water since from the start YugiX said clearly that they don't wish to release it before it is completed.
So asking for a release of what has been finished would be disregarding their wishes completely which honestly I don't like.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
While definitely what you say is logical it still doesn't hold water since from the start YugiX said clearly that they don't wish to release it before it is completed.
So asking for a release of what has been finished would be disregarding their wishes completely which honestly I don't like.
that's just yugix being illogical. better to release an unfinished version than to keep stringing people along pretending it'l ever actually get finished. not only can people play the unfinished version, others might use it to continue the translation.

Whole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
that's just yugix being illogical. better to release an unfinished version than to keep stringing people along pretending it'l ever actually get finished. not only can people play the unfinished version, others might use it to continue the translation.

Yes! You're completely right, wanting to release a quality translation instead of a half baked, mediocre one is so illogical /sarcasm. I wonder what you'd think if your favorite show or book was released earlier but unfinished. Can't you people wait? Do other things, play other games or whatever, then in several months or years you'll have a better experience of the game.

Last edited by Whole,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes! You're completely right, wanting to release a quality translation instead of a half baked, mediocre one is so illogical /sarcasm. I wonder what you'd think if your favorite show or book was released earlier but unfinished. Can't you people wait? Do other things, play other games or whatever, then in several months or years you'll have a better experience of the game.
i don't think you realize how long people have been waiting. you say "in a few months or a year!" but people have been saying that for literally years. this topic isn't even the original topic. and this topic is already from back in 2012. we've been waiting 3 and a half years at least. and the last 8 months there hasn't been any progress whatsoever.
now sure it's all volunteer work. and everyone's grateful for what every team member did. but there comes a point where you just have to stop stringing people along. personally i gave up hope of seeing it finished about 6 months ago. so yes releasing an unfinished project so people can play or finish it is more logical than just sitting on an unfinished project for a game that's by now 5 years old.

DMaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If that is really all you needed, there is.... you know... guides out there.
Sure, for knowing where to go. But i can't comprehend japanese to save my life, so i can't even start unless a patch is released somewhere at least for the core (menu, abilities and battles)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think people waited patiently enough for this patch. I respect the effort the authors made into their work, and it's ok if they can't/don't want to finish it. But at this point it would be greatly appreciated if they just release what they did. They just have to release it and say it honestly, and people would appreciate the thought (and those that can't are idiots in the first place).

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sure, for knowing where to go. But i can't comprehend japanese to save my life, so i can't even start unless a patch is released somewhere at least for the core (menu, abilities and battles)
Yea neither could I but I got through the main story. The main menu is really not too difficult to figure out especially if you have played the previous Digimon Story games like Dusk and Dawn.

Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It all boils down to yugix wishes. I don't mind waiting for a complete version as long as I can understand the story and what role plays each character. That is my stance right now. Besides if rommstar can help yugix finish it faster, that would be great.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It all boils down to yugix wishes. I don't mind waiting for a complete version as long as I can understand the story and what role plays each character. That is my stance right now. Besides if rommstar can help yugix finish it faster, that would be great.
indeed, it's his call. but it's perfectly fine for people to ask for it. also you say you don't mind waiting but you realize there's been no progress for months right? to me it just seems like yugix can't handle managing a team and the project would be better served by him handing the project over to the community. or to rommstar IF he wants it (and tbh i think they're pretty busy with other projects).

DMaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yea neither could I but I got through the main story. The main menu is really not too difficult to figure out especially if you have played the previous Digimon Story games like Dusk and Dawn.
As an avid rpg lover i can't stand not knowing attacks, etc...
It's just impossible for me to play. I don't care about the story, as long as the basics are translated.

Whole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i don't think you realize how long people have been waiting. you say "in a few months or a year!" but people have been saying that for literally years. this topic isn't even the original topic. and this topic is already from back in 2012. we've been waiting 3 and a half years at least. and the last 8 months there hasn't been any progress whatsoever.
now sure it's all volunteer work. and everyone's grateful for what every team member did. but there comes a point where you just have to stop stringing people along. personally i gave up hope of seeing it finished about 6 months ago. so yes releasing an unfinished project so people can play or finish it is more logical than just sitting on an unfinished project for a game that's by now 5 years old.

I've been waiting for this for more than 3 years too and I don't mind wating another 3 if that's what is going to take for the game to be completed. People have waited longer for other things, take George R.R Martin as an example: "A storm of swords" was published in 2000, "A feast for crows" in 2005, and "A dance with dragons" in 2011. That's 5 and 6 years in between books. Probably Martin had periods where he didn't write a word or was busy doing other things and that didn't "obviously" mean that he wouldn't finish and should just accept it as you and some others seem to think is the case here.

I don't understand why would you want to play an unfinished game, if you don't care about the story you can learn the mecanics and the attacks fairly easy by trial an error, so you have that... Honestly, it is not like this game is the best game there ever was that you need to play it so desperately. There are tons of different things to do while the patch is completely finished, I don't see what's the big deal about waiting.

To Yugix and the others: Don't let these people discourage you!

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've been waiting for this for more than 3 years too and I don't mind wating another 3 if that's what is going to take for the game to be completed. People have waited longer for other things, take George R.R Martin as an example: "A storm of swords" was published in 2000, "A feast for crows" in 2005, and "A dance with dragons" in 2011. That's 5 and 6 years in between books. Probably Martin had periods where he didn't write a word or was busy doing other things and that didn't "obviously" mean that he wouldn't finish and should just accept it as you and some others seem to think is the case here.

I don't understand why would you want to play an unfinished game, if you don't care about the story you can learn the mecanics and the attacks fairly easy by trial an error, so you have that... Honestly, it is not like this game is the best game there ever was that you need to play it so desperately. There are tons of different things to do while the patch is completely finished, I don't see what's the big deal about waiting.

nobody's discouraging yugix from doing anything. i'd be beyond ecstatic if he'd finish it. but i don't see it happening and there's more use in releasing it as it is so it's easier for others to pick up where they left off.

Whole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i don't see it happening and there's more use in releasing it as it is so it's easier for others to pick up where they left off.
So you don't see it happening, eh? I guess you can see into the future, then. I suppose releasing it now would obviously cause a new team to pick it up immediately as well.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You can't compare a translation of an already written game to writing a full blown novel, not to mention George R.R Martin has been named one of slowest writers ever. There isn't even a team on this anymore, the ones that were on it either left or were incompetent to begin with and it doesn't look to me as if Yugix is even trying to get a team back together or is even bothering to do the rest himself. I would love for this to get picked back up but the truth is, it's not gonna happen unless Rom would be willing to help out but not sure if anyone has even approached him about it.

-Edit-
Apparently I missed the part where Rom actually offered to help, there might actually be hope for this after all.

Last edited by xBleedingSoulx,
Reactions: dimmidice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack