ROM Hack Digimon Story Lost Evolution Project

IanMerryweather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How difficult would it be for that to be done? As this is something I'd love to be able to help with (generally, not just for this specific game) I've got to get started somewhere (:
If it's just a time-consuming thing, I'd be happy to do it once the patch is released if none of you wanted to.

And I didn't realise how you meant they were screwing them up. To do that is... ah, I'd use harsher words, but now knowing the rules on abusive language here, I will settle for infantile. It's great to know you have a secure copy stored!

gtuansdiammx

Gundam
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahahaa indeed. But then, I know Japanese people who have trouble translating some things. It's a tricky language XD

perhaps they simply had a bad translation? or was it a big screw-up?
no it was a troll
one was like look maa i peed in my pants or some bs like that another one included the word troll and some other bs
i aso noticed some exact google translating but my knowledge of jap int that great so i want able to fix it

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
someone should release a compilation of the work completed so far.

You should be patient and wait for the game to be finished to a decent level.
Whats the point releasing 1/7 patched game with no more than 20mins translated gameplay?
Thats more tedious than fun. Apply to beta test when the time comes (assuming they allow it) or wait for the finished product

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

dnpuckitt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because some people really just want to be able to play the game, translated menus and digimon names and attacks would be enough. Its not like this is a final fantasy,a lot of ppl dont even care about the story. the work completed so far would be enough to play. I read the thread.

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
because some people really just want to be able to play the game, translated menus and digimon names and attacks would be enough. Its not like this is a final fantasy,a lot of ppl dont even care about the story. the work completed so far would be enough to play. I read the thread.

I want to know what im playing
How are you gonna know where to go if you cant read? Digimon aint pokemon. You actually have to read the text to know what to do.
Patience is a virtue my friend.
Dont rush the team.

DanielSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
two things one cant you just translate the places names and two is this game have a long story line or is it like digimon world ds

IanMerryweather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
two things one cant you just translate the places names and two is this game have a long story line or is it like digimon world ds
surely the menu options, items, digimon techniques, etc would be more useful than place names?
and I was under the impression that this was going to be a complete translation, which is worth the wait. so be patient (;

Reactions: 2 people

DanielSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
true but out of that most people would only get this if they played the other series so really only the new digimon would have to be translated and certain mega levels or is it the other one watch the shows you will see what i mean any why but one things for certain this i am really happy about because someone is finaly translating a game that for some reason the develpipers wont translate but still the game is better than the show because the show is MESSED UP

IanMerryweather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hahaa some people may not have seen the show (which series does this game link with?)

or at the very least may not be aware of which digimon are "supposed" to digivolve from which
(like "Kotemon > Dinohumon > Kyukimon > SlashAngemon", although this is heavily influenced by Digimon World 3)

either way; menu items, attack names, stats, item names, etc. You can't really play this without them being translated as well.
but one things for certain this i am really happy about because someone is finaly translating a game that for some reason the develpipers wont translate
​
I agree with you on that point. It's a sad fact that Bandai hog a lot of the Digimon (and Gundam....) games for Japan.

PhilippeAlaurent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I was kinda sad when I read that Lost Evolution wouldn't be translated in English, but with a fan-based translation, there might yet be hope! Looking forward to see how it turns out. =)

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
As to updates... I can't beleive I am saying this (again); If there was any don't you think there would be SOMETHING POSTED... since you don't see any I guess you can just keep going "hey whats going on?"
Just be patient jeez....

Yugix has and is a translator/ hacking (probably could do some programming I don't know...)
Normatt made the tools
I am handling the images...
various others handling other things (too lazy to list all the credits right now)

I have taken some time off of this to deal with other projects/ medical problems... (like 3 images a week down from 25) trying to image edit in uncomfortable doctors office chairs / hospital chairs can prove hard, where as quick and easy small translations / file investigation stuff is so much more suited to that. Thats if I can bare to look at the screen and am not just so tired that even doing this stuff is possible. I really want a tablet to do this stuff on... sigh...

there is another translator who may or may not have an account here on gbatemp who has also been translating the text. (I don't know as I only see the google docs account name and not the gbatemp one).
which reminds me : My thanks to the translators, I appreciate your effort.

So... from my perspective eh hem, NOTHING TO UPDATE. (checking up on the text translation and giving you an estimate of how much is done is a waste of time as that cannot be used to gauge when this will be done). It'll be done when its done.

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
somtimes we all wish there was a program that dos it for us but there isnot (sigh) any way keep it up i hope you get to finish it in the end latter
There probally is, but imagine the money involved :blink:

Also, the translators and people involved in the making of this hack are hard at work or always buzy with other things, as i have learnt, so they rarely update. But this is one of the hacks I can be sure is still goin on.

Is it me or does someone ask if its still happeneing at least every other page :lol:

IanMerryweather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it me or does someone ask if its still happeneing at least every other page :lol:

quite possibly :yay:
and uhhm... thinking about it, I don't think there are programs that do everything needed to make this hack. Game developers have localisation departments, so they all do what you guys are doing, but get paid for it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol