• Likes 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You need some form of CFW first, because RetroNX is just a piece of homebrew.

The main CFW right now are hekate and ReiNX. It does not really matter which you use. ReiNX is probably the most ‘plug and play’ because all required files come with it. The easiest way to install hekate is to just use the SDFilesSwitch package.

Reactions: Spoda

reexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What is the easiest and fastest 'plug n play' way of installing retronx? All this Hekate/tomGER/SDfiles/Meteos stash/Reinx is confusing the absolute hell out of me. I just care about retronx.

Is there a way I could just drag and drop onto sd card and launch retronx?

This question may belong somewhere else, but google is your friend.

Also i was a noob once too, so here you go ;)

google noahc3 sdsetup
Select Atmosphere, HomebrewMenu, Appstore and Hekate.
Then drag it to the switch and boot using the Hekate payload (on windows use TegraRCMGui), once you are in launch the Homebrew launcher (album button), and from there start appstore and download RetroNX (this way you can update directly on the switch).

Last edited by reexe,
Reactions: Spoda

Spoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This question may belong somewhere else, but google is your friend.

Also i was a noob once too, so here you go ;)

google noahc3 sdsetup
Select Atmosphere, HomebrewMenu, Appstore and Hekate.
Then drag it to the switch and boot using the Hekate payload (on windows use TegraRCMGui), once you are in launch the Homebrew launcher (album button), and from there start appstore and download RetroNX (this way you can update directly on the switch).
Thank you greatly.

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Here’s a background I made for Snes9x! The design was inspired by @EmperorX backgrounds, so kudos to him/ her! :)

Snes9x.png

Spoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyway to get Rayman working on pcsx?

Also is it possible to skip the whole "Switch controller configured in port #"... I hate when it goes through from 0-7 ports when I'm not even using them.

Plex7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea why most FBA roms don't work with this FBA core?? Is there a fix?

Wrong romlist?

Last edited by Plex7,

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Anyway to get Rayman working on pcsx?

Also is it possible to skip the whole "Switch controller configured in port #"... I hate when it goes through from 0-7 ports when I'm not even using them.
Turn off Onscreen Notifications!

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayman is bugged right now, and there is no current way to make it work in RetroNX. Same with any games that use >5 tracks on the disc.

Reactions: Mikep90

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Currently "custom resolution" doesnt seem to work (image gets stretched to full screen, when choosing it, regardless of the actual settings). I use this option on other platforms quite regularly - to remove black bars from PAL games - especially on a small screen like the Switches this would be a neat thing to have working in the future.
Custom aspect ratio is wanted to be fullscreen. That's not a bug, it's a feature.

There will be no other changes before upstreaming, this marks the end of RetroNX too.
After that it's up to libretro.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
There is a custom height and width value in the videooptions you can usually use to crop out black bars (f.e. from pal games). Regardless of which values you input there currently, retroarch libnx always outputs "fullscreen". Afaik this is non default behavior.

A change here would make the difference between allowing pal games (PSX) to display fullscreen - or not.

That said - I dont want to be a stickler on this issue - as I've already put in 11 hours into Chrono Cross PSX (enabled bilinear filtering, because the jaggies were too much.. ;) ) in retroarch libnx, and am enjoying it immensely. :) I probably even could try to overlook the small black bars on pal PSX games.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

roqnrob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions regarding RetroNX on my Switch:
1. Most MAME games come up rotated 90 degrees. How do I fix that?
2. How do I exit MAME games? I tried + and - at the same time...doesn't work for me.

Thanks for the help. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find the answers to these.

roqnrob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions regarding RetroNX on my Switch:
1. Most MAME games come up rotated 90 degrees. How do I fix that?
2. How do I exit MAME games? I tried + and - at the same time...doesn't work for me.

Thanks for the help. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find the answers to these.

OK someone answered #1 on discord. Press the left and right sticks in at the same time (R3 + L3 if you want to use cool lingo)

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK someone answered #1 on discord. Press the left and right sticks in at the same time (R3 + L3 if you want to use cool lingo)
I assume you meant that addresses #2. Rotation afaik isn’t implemented yet in RetroNX which is a bit of a showstopper for me.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It does the trick, thanks.

Also, in the retroarch folder, I see an empty "filter" folder.
It's possible to use some hq2x / hq4x filters, like on vba or desmume / nozoomer?

Also, it's possible to remap buttons?
I don't like fast forwars on the right-joycon stick, I wouild like ZL.

Sorry for question, I just never used Retroarch.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It does the trick, thanks.

Also, in the retroarch folder, I see an empty "filter" folder.
It's possible to use some hq2x / hq4x filters, like on vba or desmume / nozoomer?

Also, it's possible to remap buttons?
I don't like fast forwars on the right-joycon stick, I wouild like ZL.

Sorry for question, I just never used Retroarch.
You can do filters.
However, due to RetroNX beta development, I don't think filters are a thing yet (though other versions of RA in other system should be compatible with filters already).

As for remapping, yes you should be able to do so, simply open up the menu and go to Quick Menu --> Controls.

Reactions: Asia81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated