Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For anyone wondering:
The upcoming upstream retroarch build will mark the final release of this development thread.
v1.0
Some work is still to do for this next week.
No new features will be implemented before this.

Last edited by m4xw,
D

Deleted User

i'm so excited i noticed the nsp build lets me play pc engine cd and ps1 full screen and gosh im really loving it. playing symphony of the night full screen is really turning heads when i am out and about...thanks so much seriously

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Here’s a background I made for PCSX-ReARMed, as well as v2 of my Snes9x background!

PCSX-ReARMed.png

Attachments

• Snes9x.png
    Snes9x.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 127

reexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Rayman works well with dosbox
How do you run it in dosbox?
I have been trying to use the bin and iso after that I tried to unpack the bin to a folder. The only thing dosbox would see is the unpacked folder with the the exe in it, but when I try to run rayman.exe I get black screen and freeze.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have been trying to use the bin and iso after that I tried to unpack the bin to a folder. The only thing dosbox would see is the unpacked folder with the the exe in it, but when I try to run rayman.exe I get black screen and freeze.
Solved, was integer scaling, had to set it to off.

Reactions: lordelan

Spoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Similar is happening for me, only when I run the exe, it does run, but the game is SUPER laggy. Literally unplayable.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Upstreaming/1.0 is exciting!

Will this help with porting more cores, or is that much the same as before? I'll let you catch up on sleep for a few days tho before I start bugging for cores ;)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What's upstreaming?
He means finally pushing all of the work they've been developing to RetroArch's main repo (LibRetro).
So after this, all subsequent releases/nightlies will be in RetroArch's official buildbot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upstreaming/1.0 is exciting!

Will this help with porting more cores, or is that much the same as before? I'll let you catch up on sleep for a few days tho before I start bugging for cores ;)
Read above.
Once this goes upstream, it won't be on m4xw's hands, but rather RetroArch/Libretro directly.
He deserves some good rest after all his work (and others of course).
Bugging for cores and stuff like that will fall under Libretro's hands after it goes upstream, not m4xw anymore.

reexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Similar is happening for me, only when I run the exe, it does run, but the game is SUPER laggy. Literally unplayable.
You have to change the cpu frequency multiplier from 1000 to like 100000 or whatever the max is. Its under options.

But even after that i sometimes get frame drops, maybe there is something else that can improve performance.

Last edited by reexe,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess when it's upstreamed it wont be called RetroNX anymore either? It'll be called Retroarch Switch port :P

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I guess when it's upstreamed it wont be called RetroNX anymore either? It'll be called Retroarch Switch port :P
They would probably take down the RetroNX branding too lol

But seriously though I wonder how they will handle XMB interface when OpenGL on Switch homebrew eventually becomes possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper