m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did some reseach, on PAL it was actually 17FPS, pretty painful to play nowadays, the NTSC version is pretty ok.
The difference between 15fps compared 20fps is a net 25% speed loss still.
That equals 40fps in a 60fps game, "nearly fullspeed" heh ;)

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The difference between 15fps compared 20fps is a net 25% speed loss still.
That equals 40fps in a 60fps game, "nearly fullspeed" heh ;)
Im confident that a little bit of optimization will solve this problem, but im not the one to talk tbh. I don't know shit.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Docked mode works seamlessly. Although I think its just upscaling a 720p render but it looks fine with integer scaling.

There is now support for 2-player joycons but you have to edit a config file to turn it on and off. And then you have to map them. So not the most convenient.

reexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Does this support 2 joy-cons to play 2 player games and does it support docked mode ? Appreciated.
Page 173 have a config file already configured for split joycons, make sure to have the right joycon as pl1 for start and select to work (select is analog click).
EDIT: To clairify, when the joycons are atached to the switch they work as normal (for 1 player).

Reactions: rsn8887 and antiNT

gbazone

Trophies
XP
Country
So in SX OS my Homebrew Menu wasn't detecting anything in the switch directory, so I simply renamed the retroarch nro to hbmenu.nro (placed in the root) so I could just launch it by holding R on the album. Problem is I can't load cores or anything. I have the retroarch dir full of the contents and can browse it. Doesn't make sense. I am on exfat, though.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So in SX OS my Homebrew Menu wasn't detecting anything in the switch directory, so I simply renamed the retroarch nro to hbmenu.nro (placed in the root) so I could just launch it by holding R on the album. Problem is I can't load cores or anything. I have the retroarch dir full of the contents and can browse it. Doesn't make sense. I am on exfat, though.
I'm on exfat, works fine here. You have other problems.

gbazone

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on exfat, works fine here. You have other problems.

I read about a workaround I suppose I should try. If you load up the FTP server and create a new switch directory it will be read in exfat, but not by creating it from a PC or Mac.

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is simply not true - they are created with Homebrew SDKs like libogc and libnx. Guess how they are created? Through reverse-engineering! And someone has to do the same with the NSP builder. Using the official SDK was and is never legal.

You did not read my post thoroughly. Most homebrew from MOST SYSTEMS is created with the official sdk. This is a fact whether you think so or not. Switch homebrew is built with homebrew sdk and that's something I NEVER said wasn't the case.
Now back to the subject of retroarch compatibility instead of whining over whether or not the official sdk was used or not.

dormeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
REQUEST: I know this will probably not be a priority but any chance you could compile the PS1 core with an icon?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Played around with PCSX ReARMed a little today. Leaving some impressions. :)

Enabling "frame duping" and disabling VSYNC helps performance a little.

Tekken 3 is almost fullspeed, but not quite - still, playable though. :) The game wants to freeze during the credit sequence after finishing arcade mode, but if you skip it with Start fast enough - it doesnt :) Could be a bad iso still.
gGHg5fX.jpg

985rI0A.jpg

cdLyUMs.jpg

mU7Y7ze.jpg

UNgXM09.jpg

also its one of those games that actually looks better in 16:10 aspect ration, due to how some of the assets where crafted. So make sure to take advantage of that.

SZpgOGn.jpg

NHeQfVe.jpg

-- sidenote: Here are some lines you would never find in Square Enix games nowadays, hm...

Talking about his sister... *hrm*:
Oq8oxfK.jpg

MvihhRL.jpg

Talking about another sister... ;)
tNaRRUL.jpg

Spitting some dark poetry:
EnxG7M1.jpg

Last edited by Quantumcat,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Also, this is the argument for having OpenGL emulation support (here implemented in epsxe, image taken from an Android box with an APU far less beefy than a X1 (game still runs full speed)) implemented in the future:
7FxcUdm.png

With most PSX games you can do stuff like texture dithering, up-rezing poly models, do perspective correction on the texture placement, ...

Essentially, the outcome in most games is nice looking while still staying true to the original artistic intent. Beetle has lots of that nice stuff as well. Thats just to point out, that if people get JIT and OpenGL support going, this is what would be in stock for Switch owners.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: Ty_ and lordelan

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Short request, if any of the maintainers finds the time.

Currently "custom resolution" doesnt seem to work (image gets stretched to full screen, when choosing it, regardless of the actual settings). I use this option on other platforms quite regularly - to remove black bars from PAL games - especially on a small screen like the Switches this would be a neat thing to have working in the future.

Without it - PAL games on the handheld formfactor are considerably less enjoyable. Imho. :)

Last edited by notimp,

ShadyGame

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry if this is a frequent question but are overlays working? im using vba-next core with overlay folder, with a png file, overlay is set to on but it doesnt show, also tried with All-In-One STABLE Package, put the vba-next.png on the folder, but it doesnt show either...

Spoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is the easiest and fastest 'plug n play' way of installing retronx? All this Hekate/tomGER/SDfiles/Meteos stash/Reinx is confusing the absolute hell out of me. I just care about retronx.

Is there a way I could just drag and drop onto sd card and launch retronx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone