• Views 676,320
  • Replies 4,272
  • Likes 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-351540

No thanks... xD
I play them on my phone. Motorola Z Force + Moto Gamepad Mod FTW!

Edit:

Having an issue with setting the core directory on the nightly. Going to "Load core" shows no cores. So I went into the directory settings and set the core location as "/retroarch/cores/switch/" and then they show up, but quitting Retroarch and then reopening it puts the core directory back at <none>. Guess this is why they call it a "nightly", eh?

Second edit:

Manually setting it in the cfg file doesn't work. :(

Last edited by ,

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly is needed to make these run and where do you put the roms? I downloaded VBA and Snes9x but I can't seem to find roms on them/don't know how to launch anything,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I get this kind of weird bar that pixelates in a weird way the screen.... Any idea why? 20180701_225031.jpg

metalslug53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a LOOOOONG time lurker here at GBATemp, but the progress with this build of retroarch compelled me to finally make an account.

Thanks so much mx4w for all of your hard work! This is coming along amazingly!

Also, to answer a question...

So... I get this kind of weird bar that pixelates in a weird way the screen.... Any idea why? View attachment 134141

m4xw told me on Reddit that this issue was caused by a mixture of being docked and the threading used by retroarch. I see this issue in just about every core I try while I am docked, but haven't had a chance to test it with the most recent nightly yet (I have just finished copying the files over to my Switch, but haven't yet tested it because my kid is hogging the TV).

Hopefully that clarifies WHY it's happening, at least.

Reactions: Twistedziefer

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a LOOOOONG time lurker here at GBATemp, but the progress with this build of retroarch compelled me to finally make an account.

Thanks so much mx4w for all of your hard work! This is coming along amazingly!

Also, to answer a question...

m4xw told me on Reddit that this issue was caused by a mixture of being docked and the threading used by retroarch. I see this issue in just about every core I try while I am docked, but haven't had a chance to test it with the most recent nightly yet (I have just finished copying the files over to my Switch, but haven't yet tested it because my kid is hogging the TV).

Hopefully that clarifies WHY it's happening, at least.
Nice! waiting for results! I didnt notice before until i played in Dock mode!

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
In case anyone's interested, I got ParaLLEl's threaded Angrylion working. The emulator runs about 20% faster than before. Of course, it's still far from fullspeed; it's still just a fun proof of concept. There are also a few new issues introduced in this build: it crashes the system in docked mode, enabling VI overlay causes the screen to render smushed to the upper half of the screen, and for some reason the new menu UI breaks the core completely, so it uses the old UI. You've been warned! I've attached the build to this post. I'm probably not going to bother continuing work on this core until we have hardware acceleration. At this point, the speed in this build is about the best we're going to get, so there's not much of a point.

Attachments

• paralleln64.zip
    819.3 KB · Views: 122

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fceumm: Download Link

Does this cause the battery issue?
No, this runs on Horizon.

OP, thank you for this ASTOUNDING app! Full screen NES on the go! :lol:

PS...if that's you in that orange and black chair, you're cute with gorgeous eyes!

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In case anyone's interested, I got ParaLLEl's threaded Angrylion working. The emulator runs about 20% faster than before. Of course, it's still far from fullspeed; it's still just a fun proof of concept. There are also a few new issues introduced in this build: it crashes the system in docked mode, enabling VI overlay causes the screen to render smushed to the upper half of the screen, and for some reason the new menu UI breaks the core completely, so it uses the old UI. You've been warned! I've attached the build to this post. I'm probably not going to bother continuing work on this core until we have hardware acceleration. At this point, the speed in this build is about the best we're going to get, so there's not much of a point.

Are u making sure you use my pthread wrapper funcs?

OP, thank you for this ASTOUNDING app! Full screen NES on the go! :lol:

PS...if that's you in that orange and black chair, you're cute with gorgeous eyes!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Speaking of which here is the FUSE sinclair zx spectrum emulator, recompiled in the stable retroarch branch

If controls do not work (which they wont at first): Load ROM>RetroArch Quick Menu>Controls>User 1 Device Type>Set to whatever joystick the game is asking you for. An on screen keyboard, atleast for the kempston joystick, is bound to select (-)
Awesome!

Been testing this and it works great.
Great job man - you've made me happy.
Only issue I had was I couldn't figure how to use sticky keys, like how to have it so Caps Shift remains down whilst I press another key on the virtual keyboard.

I've got most of the dev env setup myself and am keen to try to compile a Vice core for C64.
Are there any specific build instructions you used to build Fuse that I may need to consider?

Thanks again.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Are u making sure you use my pthread wrapper funcs?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No, I actually switched to using the libnx thread stuff directly at some point when I was trying to figure out why it wasn't working, and I never ended up switching back. It would be pretty easy to switch back though, if I really wanted to.

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
At least there's still support for Bluetooth speakers
Its too unwieldy and defeats the objective of portability. Hopefully there will be an internal audio fix soon (I guess there was some problems with voltages that blew the audio circuitry during testing)

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Doesn't even run for me, just freezes

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't even run for me, just freezes
Try it again. I should add that to the list of bugs; sometimes it doesn't want to run and just locks up. Really strange stuff. Again, I'm not really bothered to look into fixing things when we won't be getting reasonable speeds anyways. If you're determined to try it anyways, try launching it a few more times and hopefully it'll work. Maybe try deleting the core options config file in the retroarch folder. That fixed the non-threaded version for me once when it stopped working.

Edit: I haven't had it lock up for me after many attempts, and I'm starting to suspect it's not actually a bug anymore in my final build. If it happens to you, make sure you aren't using core provided aspect ratio or integer scaling, as those will cause lockups every time.

Last edited by Hydr8gon,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
No, I actually switched to using the libnx thread stuff directly at some point when I was trying to figure out why it wasn't working, and I never ended up switching back. It would be pretty easy to switch back though, if I really wanted to.
Or just start it all over again but with the pthread wrappers.
Maybe that could work.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New Salamander Nightlies incl. Overlay Support https://m4xw.net/nextcloud/index.php/s/QBpDpWxJeiGtD3w (Note: too lazy to build beetle etc, no CI), place overlays to /retroarch/overlays/<Core Name>.png, to disable them delete that file.
The "native overlays" will be fixed once I get more time, this will do. Snes9x2010 example overlay included

Edit: Thanks mod for cleaning up this mess lol

Last edited by m4xw,
Reactions: hippy dave and Azel

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Or just start it all over again but with the pthread wrappers.
Maybe that could work.
Not sure what you mean by "start it all over". It's simply a matter of swapping the libnx functions out for the pthread functions. Most of them do the exact same thing anyways. But there's really no pressing need to get a 5 FPS emulator working in docked mode anyways.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Not sure what you mean by "start it all over". It's simply a matter of swapping the libnx functions out for the pthread functions. Most of them do the exact same thing anyways. But there's really no pressing need to get a 5 FPS emulator working in docked mode anyways.
You should probably swap out the functions just for fun and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...