ROM Hack RELEASE [D3Edit] Diablo 3 save editor (GUI Version)

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How? Once you load OFW it reverts all files back to the original?

When you choose OFW mode no files "revert" to the original, just CFW is not loaded. if you restored an edited save file in CFW mode (w/o emunand) using checkpoint the edited save file will remain edited even if you switch to OFW.

nishikado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Did you have an issue once you loaded back to OFW the modded save loading with the changes? Because the last 2 pages it seems like people are having issues after they edited their save and restoring NAND to OFW the modded save changes not applying.

Also, a bit naive, but you can update your OFW by default means and it not interfere with adding or booting your CFW? Because with past systems like 3ds they'd warn against updating firmware because it could disable CFW.

Apparently i had issue with restoring the save from the start, but i found out it's because i had EmuNAND enabled in my SX OS Pro. So i disabled it and restore the save while doing everything offline. Power off. Boot OFW while still starting d3. then i connect to internet to start the game, play a few rounds and re-save the game. not sure if it will re-signed it as legit or not but i guess so far it's fine.

How? Once you load OFW it reverts all files back to the original? How are you getting this to persist through the restore? The only way I can think of is you have to inject the checkpoint saves into OFW before you load the OFW back to the switch.

I'm using SX OS Pro. Only issue i have when loading back OFW and it revert to original is because EmuNAND is enabled. When backing up save, i enabled EmuNAND. When restoring i disable EmuNAND

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Did anyone try the reroll seed option ? How is it supposed to work ? Same as "Reforge Legendary" in Kanai's cube or it just rerolls the affix numbers ? I just tried the re-roll seed on a primal ancient legendary item and it's basically unchanged, but not sure if it's a bug or just because the stats are maxed out on a primal ancient legendary items.

Last edited by Ra1d,

nishikado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
When you choose OFW mode no files "revert" to the original, just CFW is not loaded. if you restored an edited save file in CFW mode (w/o emunand) using checkpoint the edited save file will remain edited even if you switch to OFW.

do you know the ban risk of using CFW without EmuNAND just using save editor? i actually did it without creating a clean NAND (oh crap.)
seems like people mentioning it's quite safe until now except for splatoon people. assuming d3 switch doesn't have anti cheat system like how ps4 and xbox360 does. we will never get flagged.

Did anyone try the reroll seed option ? How is it supposed to work ? Same as "Reforge Legendary" in Kanai's cube or it just rerolls the affix numbers ? I just tried the re-roll seed on an ancient legendary item and it's basically unchanged, but not sure if it's a bug or just because the stats are maxed out on ancient legendary items.

I tried re-rolling, doesn't do anything to my items

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
do you know the ban risk of using CFW without EmuNAND just using save editor?

Do you mean if you go online ? If it's a legit copy and you only edited the save file, you should be fine as long as you didn't edit something out of the ordinary. For example even 10 000 paragon would be out of the ordinary at this point. Basically you need to make everything legit looking.

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you guys restore to OFW and normal NAND are you also removing auto rcm to basically make it a vanilla console? Trying to minimize risk of being banned by Nintendo.

Anyone kind enough to help or send DM?
Like I thought if I return to vanilla NAND I couldn't load CFW in order to restore a save? Because people are saying when they load emuNAND and CFW to reload edited save and then restore console to vanilla/default NAND that it won't keep edited values of save that you have to reload save on vanilla NAND, which I didn't think was possible.

Also, if I'm going online to play with legit copy wouldn't I be on vanilla NAND which would then want me to update firmware before I could go online which would then scew me if I wanted to switch back to CFW?

Last edited by Acidburn135,

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@unixtreme , in the latest beta where it says "You can specify the quality when adding items" the "Add Item" button disappeared and "Quality" field is blank so you can't actually select anything.

unixtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
@unixtreme , in the latest beta where it says "You can specify the quality when adding items" the "Add Item" button disappeared and "Quality" field is blank so you can't actually select anything.

Thats strange can you show a screenshot, this is how it looks for me:

upload_2018-12-29_21-53-30.png

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone can help me out with the Horadric Caches?

I got the ID's from one of my save files before looting them.

i tried adding those ID's to a newer save file, and all that comes out is the same crappy blue items, 6 of the legendary item, and blood shards. How do i add a chest and make it have random set of plans and chance for legendary gear, such as the act 1 and 3 rings.

The act 1 and 3 bounty rings are the only things im missing now for my spec that i want to try out.

Or is it suggested that i just add the items directly instead of trying to add the chests?

Or am i supposed to add the chest, and then click generate seed? I havent been doing that, just adding the chest alone.

Thanks in advanced.

Also, if we can add the chests, where can i find a list of all the known item IDs (for example, Act 1 t13, 2 t13, 3 t13, 4 t13, 5 T13 chests.)

or the two rings i actually need directly: royal ring of grandeur and avarice band.

Last edited by silvershadow,

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone can help me out with the Horadric Caches?

I got the ID's from one of my save files before looting them.

i tried adding those ID's to a newer save file, and all that comes out is the same crappy blue items, 6 of the legendary item, and blood shards. How do i add a chest and make it have random set of plans and chance for legendary gear, such as the act 1 and 3 rings.

The act 1 and 3 bounty rings are the only things im missing now for my spec that i want to try out.

Or is it suggested that i just add the items directly instead of trying to add the chests?

Or am i supposed to add the chest, and then click generate seed? I havent been doing that, just adding the chest alone.

Thanks in advanced.

Also, if we can add the chests, where can i find a list of all the known item IDs (for example, Act 1 t13, 2 t13, 3 t13, 4 t13, 5 T13 chests.)

or the two rings i actually need directly: royal ring of grandeur and avarice band.

Finish the bounty you want, get the Large Horadric Cache, and then duplicate it in the save editor, this way it doesn't give you the crappy blue items and gives you the proper drop rate, I guess there are some measures taken against just outright making the item appear in your inventory without finishing the bounties, duplicating a legitly obtained cache solves this problem.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finish the bounty you want, get the Large Horadric Cache, and then duplicate it in the save editor, this way it doesn't give you the crappy blue items and gives you the proper drop rate, I guess there are some measures taken against just outright making the item appear in your inventory without finishing the bounties, duplicating a legitly obtained cache solves this problem.

Thank you, this was what i originalllly wanted to do.

do i have to do anything about the regenerating a new seed? or i dont need to do that?

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone able to run this editor on mac? I download python 3.7.1 mac os edition and tried to run the file D3Edit.py but all I get is an command window with this code

#!/usr/bin/env python3

import platform
from os import getcwd

def main():
import gui
# Initialize GUI
instanced_gui = gui.D3Edit()
instanced_gui.start()

if __name__ == "__main__":
venv_platforms = ['Linux', 'Darwin']
running_os = platform.system()
# activate Linux/Darwin venvs:
if any(p in running_os for p in venv_platforms):
print("activated linux venv")
activate_this_file = "{}/venv/bin/activate_this.py".format(getcwd())
exec(open(activate_this_file).read(), dict(__file__=activate_this_file))
elif running_os == 'Windows':
print("Activating Windows venv")
activate_this_file = "{}\\winvenv\\Scripts\\activate_this.py".format(getcwd())
exec(open(activate_this_file).read(), dict(__file__=activate_this_file))
main()

There is no UI or what so ever. I'm sorry this is the first time I use Python. Tried to run it by myself :(((

unixtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Thanks for the fix!

In terms of the item quality, is there a single bit that determines if an ancient item is primal? Like a way to toggle it on or off?

Sadly it's not that simple, I still need to get some testing done to see how I can workaround it.

Is anyone able to run this editor on mac? I download python 3.7.1 mac os edition and tried to run the file D3Edit.py but all I get is an command window with this code

There is no UI or what so ever. I'm sorry this is the first time I use Python. Tried to run it by myself :(((

You have to run it using python3, the gui will be loaded by the script, there's a GUI I swear!

Reactions: DevilzCY

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6.2 can be hacked already! :)

what i do:

Load CFW
Load checkpoint to back up save
Plug sd card into PC
Edit data and save
Plug sd card into switch
Load CFW and restore save (while disabling emuNAND)
Complete power off
Load OFW
Play season

When you say disable emuNAND you're talking about restoring to your clean NAND aren't you? If so won't it be at a lower version than 6.2 which means you'd have to burn fuses to upgrade standard to most recent version to go online? Also, doesn't restoring NAND mess with saves, and such? Finally what does resorting NAND do to nsp you have installed? Does it remove everything?

Sorry, for the questions but like not YouTube videos or sites talk about the restoring nand process and what it does or is needed to go back online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Hey boi, keep your nuts out of chat. Unless you want them to get roasted. :ninja: