D2Pro Bootchip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hecro, Sep 28, 2008.

Sep 28, 2008

D2Pro Bootchip by Hecro at 6:46 AM (1,111 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Hecro
    OP

Newcomer Hecro Newbie

Denmark
    Okay, so im totally new to this console - just bought it 2 weeks ago. I have experince with Xbox bootchips and dashboard.

I have decided to get a "D2Pro Bootchip" installed in my Wii and I was just wondering if there is any pre-caustions I should take?
    The dealer said something about I should be carefull not to download USA (NTSC) games, as they can brick the Wii - why is that, does some of the games contain FW upgrades?

Is there anything I should be carefull about after getting the chip installed - FW upgrades, Wii online service on the Wii, and so on...

Thanks for the help [​IMG]

2. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey

1. Updates installed from different regions cause a semi-brick (settings can't be accessed)... further messing up the system can cause bricks (wii boots into a opera error screen)
    2. Recovery from 1 is possible through homebrew (semibrick fix disc, downgraders)
    3. If you update your wii online you will probably get 3.3 which fixes the bug that through modified discs are booted (for ex. semi brick fix disc)
    4. Hence 3, if you update to 3.3 and brick your wii after that, it's a mess.. you can take a look at http://savemii.net/troubleshooting.html and see which bricks are fixed and how...

3. Hecro
    OP

Newcomer Hecro Newbie

Denmark
    Firstly - thanks for the response. Im still a bit puzzled here...

Is there a better software way than installing a bootchip? Or am I on the right path with buying D2Pro chip?
    I have read the sticky topics, but sorry im still confused here.

4. atomikramp

Member atomikramp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    a drive chip is the actual best way to boot up backup games.
    software backup loaders are under development but are heavly in early development stages.

the only things you have to take care about is:
    - don't upgrade your console using disks from different region (ex pal disk on ntsc or vice versa)
    - before upgrading firmware from the internet, check for possible issues from the chip manufacturer.. if they suggest to install a modchip firmware upgrade before upgrading your wii and such.

now my turn for a question [​IMG]

if i have a 3.3E OS on my wii, and i install a modchip wich says "upgradable via DVD", is it still upgradable even if i have a 3.3 firmware? or i'm not gonna be able to do so?

how does modchip dvd upgrades work? are they trucha signed disks?
    coz if they are you won't be able to use them on a 3.3 firmware unless u use geckoOS.