Hacking D2Pro Bootchip

Hecro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so im totally new to this console - just bought it 2 weeks ago. I have experince with Xbox bootchips and dashboard.

I have decided to get a "D2Pro Bootchip" installed in my Wii and I was just wondering if there is any pre-caustions I should take?
The dealer said something about I should be carefull not to download USA (NTSC) games, as they can brick the Wii - why is that, does some of the games contain FW upgrades?

Is there anything I should be carefull about after getting the chip installed - FW upgrades, Wii online service on the Wii, and so on...

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Hecro said:
Okay, so im totally new to this console - just bought it 2 weeks ago. I have experince with Xbox bootchips and dashboard.

I have decided to get a "D2Pro Bootchip" installed in my Wii and I was just wondering if there is any pre-caustions I should take?
The dealer said something about I should be carefull not to download USA (NTSC) games, as they can brick the Wii - why is that, does some of the games contain FW upgrades?

Is there anything I should be carefull about after getting the chip installed - FW upgrades, Wii online service on the Wii, and so on...

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

1. Updates installed from different regions cause a semi-brick (settings can't be accessed)... further messing up the system can cause bricks (wii boots into a opera error screen)
2. Recovery from 1 is possible through homebrew (semibrick fix disc, downgraders)
3. If you update your wii online you will probably get 3.3 which fixes the bug that through modified discs are booted (for ex. semi brick fix disc)
4. Hence 3, if you update to 3.3 and brick your wii after that, it's a mess.. you can take a look at http://savemii.net/troubleshooting.html and see which bricks are fixed and how...

Hecro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly - thanks for the response. Im still a bit puzzled here...

Is there a better software way than installing a bootchip? Or am I on the right path with buying D2Pro chip?
I have read the sticky topics, but sorry im still confused here.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
a drive chip is the actual best way to boot up backup games.
software backup loaders are under development but are heavly in early development stages.

the only things you have to take care about is:
- don't upgrade your console using disks from different region (ex pal disk on ntsc or vice versa)
- before upgrading firmware from the internet, check for possible issues from the chip manufacturer.. if they suggest to install a modchip firmware upgrade before upgrading your wii and such.

now my turn for a question
smile.gif

if i have a 3.3E OS on my wii, and i install a modchip wich says "upgradable via DVD", is it still upgradable even if i have a 3.3 firmware? or i'm not gonna be able to do so?

how does modchip dvd upgrades work? are they trucha signed disks?
coz if they are you won't be able to use them on a 3.3 firmware unless u use geckoOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I know who I need to call. :ninja: