Hacking D2C Chip Revealed

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice for me since I only got my Wii recently. But seriously, 30 wires? Even the PS2 had less wires to sodler on the modchips.

But seriously, a modchip is a essential when you consider that games like Trauma Center and Super Paper Mario takes MONTHS to come out to the UK.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
30 wires
frown.gif
that will boost the cost for an install to at least £100+ and anyone who say differently are kidding themselves.

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy cow!!!

Sure glad I only needed to struggle through a 6 wire WiiKey install. I know I'd never attempt this on my own.
wacko.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally , been waiting for d2c to get done. Think I'll pick up a wii soon then. Doesn't look too bad , no worse than some of the ps2's just some more wires. Still don't match 44 wires neo 4
tongue.gif
. Me thinks people just been spoiled by the easy install low wire counts of the xbox one mods and the wii mods for the other chip sets.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally , been waiting for d2c to get done. Think I'll pick up a wii soon then. Doesn't look too bad , no worse than some of the ps2's just some more wires. Still don't match 44 wires neo 4Â
tongue.gif
. Me thinks people just been spoiled by the easy install low wire counts of the xbox one mods and the wii mods for the other chip sets.
I think people (like me) are still holding out for some exploit that involves the SD card/USB port.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there even any news of exploits?. I've not been following the wii stuff other than the d2c chipset stuff as i'm waiting to buy one and it's probably gonna be that.

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, one of the resellers leaked an image early but full details of the new D2C chip will be available on WiiNewz soon.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/nintendo-news/...d2c-hacked.html

From PS3news

Technical data:

30 wire connection
ACTEL processor, a must!!!
Direct Boot from Wii games (extreme compatibility, more than Wiikey)
Dirct boot for every GC game
Multiple disc support
Audio streaming for GC Games supported
Partial regional Patch (work on 80% of games)

This chip will cost around 37€
Relase date will be around 8 on October, preorder are still open on HARDSTORE.COM, first in Italy!

This Chip will be a limited edition on the first supply, the next one will arrive after 3 weeks
Be provident, next Wii supply will be D2C type in all Europe Wide so take it in store!!!

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankly, if everyone is bashing Wii in this thread, so will I. In fact, I regret buying it. It's not the console, but the lack of games.
unsure.gif

Yeah, Wii has even better possibilities in 2008. I think there's enough Wii games to entertain me but definitely the Wii hasn't been maximized. Looks like Nintendo has several good games planned over the holidays. Problem is a good game takes 1+ years to make - few companies took the Wii serious to start so probably didn't even start developing until mid-year. So maybe Summer 2008 we'll start to really rock.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0