Hacking CycloDS Forum Down Again?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've noticed that whenever there about to release something new there site goes down so probably a new dsi flashcart or a new frimware update

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope its the dsi flashcart, i have a dsi but nothing to play on it
frown.gif

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't they just reupload the file(s) that are producing the errors? I've had a forum before and I've installed mods and I got similar errors sometimes in multiple files -- I just sometimes than reupload the problem files (original) and the errors went away. . . . .

Cactuar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've learned to really appreciate TC over time, and the forum going down for a few days really isn't that much of an inconvenience to me. I hope it gets fixed soon though.

Deyardly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya people, I recently (yesterday) bought a used DSLite, and now I'm looking into the varied and huge jungle that is Flash Carts. I have so far narrowed it down to 2 flash carts that I think I would like. However I'm having a sorta hard time choosing between CycloDS and Supercard One.

I'm choosing between those two because they feature RTS, which I think would come in handy for those time when I have to save the game (where I'm at in the game) cause I have to closed the DS due to various reason.

I like the CycloDS for it's easy to use setup (since I'm a first time user) however I generally like fiddling around a lot and as such the Supercard One might suit me better. However, as I stated above this would be my first flash cart and I think I might enjoy the ease of use of the CycloDS.

I might seem really decided, and I am, however the fact that the Cyclopsforums are down really worries me, is the team dead or is this a regular occurence that I shouldn't worry too much about?

The #1 reason I would pay extra for the CycloDS was because of the english speaking forum

Niteblood

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
coming from a person who owns both, i would def say get cyclo. If anything, the biggest problem with supercard is the ridiculously slow menu
this is a regular occurance. It used to happen monthly because they had bandewith issues.
They have gotten a better host, but with new firmware, it still screws them over.
It should be fixed in no time. every time the forums go down, ppl panic. Don't worry
wait it out. if cyclo was dead i'm sure they would announce it, but they dont seem to be goin anywhere

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
You should also consider the M3 Real DS. Very good card and its a bit less than the Cyclo with most of the same features. (I don't think it has in-game .txt file reading - that's the only feature missing.).

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it's simply a fact that they don't want the forum filling up with, "Where's the CycloDSi" questions. Or maybe some other kind of whining they don't want to hear about. I don't believe they CAN'T fix their forums in all this time. Something's up and it's getting quite annoying.
shifty.gif

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe this is the calm before the storm? Meaning they will be announcing the cyclodsi when the forums come back.

DrkXShadowZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really see why they can't just make an announcement on the forums telling people not to ask about a CycloDSi. Why shut down an entire forum and bring down the people who actually want to facilitate useful discussion on everything else?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we should all start speculating.

Maybe when their forums crashed, they decided to upgrade the forum software and are just waiting for the new software to arrive.

Maybe the forums being gone marks the end of TeamCyclops.

Maybe they are just stupid and have no clue how to fix the forums.

Maybe they fired the wrong person and he/she borked the forums on purpose.

Maybe they decided that a forum is a bad idea, for whatever reason, and just decided to remove it.

Maybe they received a cease-and-desist order from Ninty.

Maybe we should all just wait for TC to actually tell us something themselves so we can stop speculating.

Maybe....ahh, forget it.
unsure.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to know when those SOB's going fix pokemon plat so it can hook up the wii's PBR

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't have to speculate, just search the error code in google. This is web host related. If you must speculate, then speculate on why Team Cyclops use such a crappy host.

afterburn999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Porkdish said:
You don't have to speculate, just search the error code in google. This is web host related. If you must speculate, then speculate on why Team Cyclops use such a crappy host.

That is so True, for a 50 dollar cart they could atleast get a decent host.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Porkdish said:
No speculation needed on that point, it's just business 101: reduce overheads, maximise profits.

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah business 101, inspire confidence in your product by having a half working website and a completely inactive forum for more than 2 weeks in a marketplace BRIMMING with decent, cheaper competitor products. That makes perfect sense.

It surely inspires confidence in your existing consumers who provide the greatest (most effective) advertising (word of mouth) for your product. Not to mention the wonderful effect it has on future customers wondering if they should buy your product based on the level and ease of support.

It looks clumsy, it looks amateurish, its not doing them any favours. Weeks of inactivity in this market says 'we're dead don't buy our product'. It says 'we offer bad support don't buy our product'. That's doubly stupid for a product that already prices itself 2 to 3 times that of its competitors.

IsLNdbOi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porkdish said:
Yeah business 101, inspire confidence in your product by having a half working website and a completely inactive forum for more than 2 weeks in a marketplace BRIMMING with decent, cheaper competitor products. That makes perfect sense.

It surely inspires confidence in your existing consumers who provide the greatest (most effective) advertising (word of mouth) for your product. Not to mention the wonderful effect it has on future customers wondering if they should buy your product based on the level and ease of support.

It looks clumsy, it looks amateurish, its not doing them any favours. Weeks of inactivity in this market says 'we're dead don't buy our product'. It says 'we offer bad support don't buy our product'. That's doubly stupid for a product that already prices itself 2 to 3 times that of its competitors.

^
This.

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Porkdish said:

Maybe this is the next Ds-x? First they crack down on Rom talk (still allow but must be properly worded), then the site goes down for weeks without anyone fixing it or saying anything about it?!
And for the people saying that they want peace and quiet while they are working on the DSi, why would they take the time to post something about them working on the DSi if they don't want to be bothered?

Great cart, great company and great support but why are they down? Why aren't they doing anything about it? I used to ask myself that question about Ds-x when they went downhill and the answer was that everybody just f&*@ed off.
It makes sense, fixing the site is easy, posting something on the main site is easy and letting things go is only bad for business, but if no one is there???

Drug dealers don't send e-mails to their customers saying that they are not in business anymore, they just take off. Flash carts are more or less legal and if the team is in trouble, well, they're gone.

b4andafter5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you noticed... but the non-forums part of their site is just fine. But with the prices of the cart, I don't see why this has to happen for days (weeks? months?) each year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I will nvr say a FUQing Curse word Again :D