ROM Hack Culdcept DS [open translation]

chexxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, you gave me that list of images to translate. I did half of them, but then got sidetracked. What's the status of those? Did someone else finish translating those?

blacksheep998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I just tried entering a few of the remaining taunt entries into google translate.

"Fluoride, and I will seek the cooperation of a ..."

I can't even begin to sort out what that actually means.

chexxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blacksheep998 said:
Wow, I just tried entering a few of the remaining taunt entries into google translate.

"Fluoride, and I will seek the cooperation of a ..."

I can't even begin to sort out what that actually means.

>_

blacksheep998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was the first entry from the taunts 0 script. The japanese text is "フッ、俺に協力を求めるとはな…" which google translates to "Fluoride, and I will seek the cooperation of a ..."

In the translation wiki that entry is now listed as "Heh, asking to cooperate with me is laughable..."

I'm not sure how you go from fluoride to laughable, but I am glad that at least it makes sense now.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
found an error:

Main Menu > Wi-Fi > WFC

i get a message here probably because i connected to WFC via a different DS before. it says something about how the DS and gamecard wifi user info is different, which seems normal.

then when i hit "A" to continue. i get a horizontal blue bar in the middle of the top screen with no text. i can only assume this is asking me if i want to overwrite with new wifi info. there's a cursor on the bar that i can move up and down between 2 choices.

if i pick the bottom choice i go back a screen. if i pick the top screen i get a new message that talks about new friend code.

also just so this doesn't get lost later, this problem still exists:
QUOTE said:
In "Wireless Play" (4th option in Main Menu), if you select "Host (Passworded)" (last option), pick any rule, then select how many players, you'll get to a screen for you to setup a 4-digit password.

This screen looks weird, like it's not imported/hacked in correctly. There are some "defects" visible, and when you enter a number you can't see it displayed. I double checked with the Japanese version and the numbers should show up as you enter them.

I can't seem to find an exact image that I edited for this screen, but it might be shared with 00096 since they look similar. 00096 is used in entering new friend code. The only difference is how many digits you get to enter.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Theli: Can I add new"{07}"s (makes text stop until player presses button) to the Story or Tutorial text without breaking anything? Several lines run off the screen to a new page, and would look much cleaner if they were broken up onto 2 screens instead. Since I'm not changing the order of commands (you've said that can't be done without breaking things), would adding more of the same command cause issues?

As in, if the text block had 3 "{07}"s breaking up text before, and I add one more in the middle of the others, would it display all 4 breaks properly, or would it display 3 as it did before, and cut off the 4th from being displayed at all?

Or should I just try it and wait for the next patch to roll around?

EDIT: It works! That'll make line breaks a tad easier.

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Theli: Can I add new"{07}"s (makes text stop until player presses button) to the Story or Tutorial text without breaking anything? Several lines run off the screen to a new page, and would look much cleaner if they were broken up onto 2 screens instead. Since I'm not changing the order of commands (you've said that can't be done without breaking things), would adding more of the same command cause issues?

As in, if the text block had 3 "{07}"s breaking up text before, and I add one more in the middle of the others, would it display all 4 breaks properly, or would it display 3 as it did before, and cut off the 4th from being displayed at all?

Or should I just try it and wait for the next patch to roll around?
i'm pretty sure it should work, so just try it

also, sorry for not being able to find/dump things which are still japanese
i now have a pretty much work to do at my work and i dont have enough free time due to some things irl

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna try this trans out. I'll report any thing I find wrong with it.

EDIT: I am probably just being blind, but I can't figure out how to patch this. Somebody halp.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinintendo said:
Download the patch from here (click on "patch" link)
http://culdcept.referata.com/wiki/WIP_Patch

Download this little program:
xdelta GUI : http://cfile211.uf.daum.net/attach/1255E31A49C5CDA5588C4A

open the xdelta GUI and choose the patch+ Japanese Rom + new file to save to.
click patch in the program and you're done.

Thanks, I gotta try later since I got an error.

Grr.

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/yaron57/public_html/w/extensions/WikiGarden/WikiGarden.php on line 96

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/yaron57/public_html/w/extensions/WikiGarden/WikiGarden.php on line 97
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)"

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or you could just read the last section of the first post (the quote box), download from that link, extract the 3 files into a folder, and just drop your rom on the file that says Drop Rom Here.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gvaz said:
How completed is this?
This is also answerable by reading the first post... The wiki link shows % for each category that has been extracted.

Fully playable. Story and Tutorial fully translated, majority of in-game Manual translated, most gameplay text is translated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1