theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
well, latest WIP patch should contain translations for shrines effects
not everything was tested and its possible i broke some stuff (cause not having limitations on translation strings makes me change code in arm9 binary) ....

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
well, latest WIP patch should contain translations for shrines effects
not everything was tested and its possible i broke some stuff (cause not having limitations on translation strings makes me change code in arm9 binary) ....
Nothing has broken for me so far. Shrine effects seem to be working just as intended, and only need some line break work to be perfect. Great work, Theli!

CriticalFury

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just wanted to say thanks again to everyone thats made this translation project possible. i've been following this project since the beginning and i'm just amazed how far you guys have come. i just put in the latest patch with the shrine translations and now i'm playing the game like crazy.
gbasp.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Theli: The last 3 entries in the "Shrine Effects" section of the wiki (#70-Paralysis, #71-Confusion, #72-Poison) would seem to be plain old effects text rather than shrine effects. The effect names display correctly when a creature is inflicted with any of the 3 effects, but when highlighting the creature using Map mode, the card on the bottom screen that displays the effect info (name, effect description, duration) the effect description doesn't appear. Is this an error, or are these 3 actually shrine effects that I have yet to see happen to anyone?

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Theli: The last 3 entries in the "Shrine Effects" section of the wiki (#70-Paralysis, #71-Confusion, #72-Poison) would seem to be plain old effects text rather than shrine effects. The effect names display correctly when a creature is inflicted with any of the 3 effects, but when highlighting the creature using Map mode, the card on the bottom screen that displays the effect info (name, effect description, duration) the effect description doesn't appear. Is this an error, or are these 3 actually shrine effects that I have yet to see happen to anyone?
no idea
you may be right, but this needs to be checked with pre-shrines patch version (or jap)

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
injected11 said:
no idea
you may be right, but this needs to be checked with pre-shrines patch version (or jap)
I just checked the description text when a creature has Paralysis, Confusion, and Poison in the Japanese version, and the text that appears is the original J text that we have translated in the Shrine Effect section. Could you look into why the translated effect description text doesn't appear in the patched version?

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
injected11 said:
I just checked the description text when a creature has Paralysis, Confusion, and Poison in the Japanese version, and the text that appears is the original J text that we have translated in the Shrine Effect section. Could you look into why the translated effect description text doesn't appear in the patched version?
i'll check those

blacksheep998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ravager90 said:
latest WIP Patch dl gives me an empty 7zip file. very stange, you could check and prolly. fix this issue ?

Confirmed. The latest patch is an empty 7zip file. Some weirs kind of glitch going on here.

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
Ravager90 said:
latest WIP Patch dl gives me an empty 7zip file. very stange, you could check and prolly. fix this issue ?
just some random glitch ... eg maybe just adsl session expired when my 'server' was uploading a patch ... you could have just waited for another one
wacko.gif

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
injected11 said:
please, check if the latest version fixes that

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
injected11 said:
please, check if the latest version fixes that
All 3 effects now display effect descriptions properly. Thanks Theli!

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't downloaded one of the WIP patches in awhile, I'd like to highly recommend grabbing one of the most recent ones. The vast majority of gameplay text, menus, and pretty much everything (except Records, the Gallery, and the non-intro videos) is translated, and quite well polished now. If you haven't played Culdcept before, most of the in-game Manual has been translated as well and should clarify any confusion. It's definitely fully playable, and a whole heck of a lot of fun.

Download it. It's sexy.

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
Injected11, why have you changed
'shops,temples or shrines' to just 'shops or temples'
the translation was incorrect?
cause all 3 are definitely different things

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
Injected11, why have you changed
'shops,temples or shrines' to just 'shops or temples'
the translation was incorrect?
cause all 3 are definitely different things
I was playing awhile back and used the Babble spell, and could have sworn it stopped the player from using a shrine, so I added shrines to the list.

Last night, I cast Babble on a Cepter, and the very next turn, they landed on a Shrine and were NOT blocked from using it. I repeated it to be sure, and again it did not stop them from using shrines. My first change was incorrect, so this change was just reversing it back to the correct description.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm the Japanese text states only Shops and Temples, there were no mentions of Shrines.

theli: couple things i found...

Menu > Offset 1092312, 1092317, 1092322, 1092327 (Entries 540-549)
These are displayed as the rank after a match ends. In the translated patch, 2nd place has nothing displayed, and 3rd place is displayed as 2nd. See below screenshot for comparison between J and patched.

Menu > Offset 1091872 (Entries 510-519)
not sure if this will help you find the missing text ??? (Area) or not. But this string of text is called when I hit the Shrine Effect "Symbol Theft," which makes an enemy Cepter lose 2-10 symbols of a single attribute. This displays as:

The second %s calls for the missing Japanese text ????. so yea, hope this helps.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
In "Wireless Play" (4th option in Main Menu), if you select "Host (Passworded)" (last option), pick any rule, then select how many players, you'll get to a screen for you to setup a 4-digit password.

This screen looks weird, like it's not imported/hacked in correctly. There are some "defects" visible, and when you enter a number you can't see it displayed. I double checked with the Japanese version and the numbers should show up as you enter them.

I can't seem to find an exact image that I edited for this screen, but it might be shared with 00096 since they look similar. 00096 is used in entering new friend code. The only difference is how many digits you get to enter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1