CSM / softmii question (wii called user an asshole)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Lord Kanti, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Lord Kanti
    OP

Member Lord Kanti Advanced Member

United States
    ok so i just saw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6A6tKBuagU

and the damn wii said "your already at the system menu, asshole" when trying to access the home screen from the homescreen....

my question is is this txt built into the system and if it is is there a way to remove it? sure I don't want my wii calling ppl assholes but

I can't stand that it says "Your" instead of you're..... seriously couldn't have that on my wii [​IMG]

I'm looking for a CSM that will boot games straight with no reboot and can protect my wii from bricks updates etc....

should I go with riiski or softmii, I also do not want bs system messages or lame creator branding any where (sorry guys who made it [​IMG]).

theres also mentioning of a 0000042 file that needs to be backed up ( i have an ntsc wii) how would i do that ?

thanks

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I think its pretty funny it calls you an asshole if you click wii menu in the wii menu [​IMG]
    But most likely someone will remove it, or you get the option not to install it

3. digitydogs

Member digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

United States
    yeah all the changes are just proof of concept changes. if you want you menu to remain stock just don't install the .app file that comes with softmii.

4. Hellfenix

Member Hellfenix GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Please read the other threads, use google or anything...

Quick answer : Softmii 1.0 is what you need.

5. Lord Kanti
    OP

Member Lord Kanti Advanced Member

United States
    you guys rox.... btw, how do the other csm's hold up in comparison and what would you say set this one apart [​IMG] A car review might rave abotu the v8 or the paddle shifters... but a driver's review might go on and on how a car has 18 cupholders [​IMG] In other words, wanna hear about SoftMii's "cupholders" that users truly love [​IMG]

6. AsosaYoung

Member AsosaYoung GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just do some research on these 3 things:
    Cioscorps
    Any Region Changer 1.1bM5
    and Preloader (the version you have)

7. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Asosa, he was talking about cSM's not backuploaders and the brick blocker stuff.

There aren't really many cSM's, diggles (lol) is really the only one who made a full-blown one, except Forsaekn has one but its not reall cosmetic changes like diggles. Actually diggles teamed up with Fors... so yeah diggles is really the only one who has shared his cSM so far.

8. BL4Z3D247

Member BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

United States
    haha diggles... i laughed so hard when Fors posted that... spit a little coffee out actually... it's kind of cute really, they just teamed up and they already have pet names for each other [​IMG]